main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Trick or Treat! The All Hallow's Eve Discussion Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valency Jane, Oct 1, 2016.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL. I like the Porgs. *ducks*

Good time to revive this thread. I’ve got my Jyn Erso costume for this year. I was Rey last year.

2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    The little one picked out Elsa from Frozen this year, so looks like I'm getting an Olaf costume.

3. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    It's cool that you guys are getting costumes.

I've started my S1 rewatch of ST.
    Can't wait for S2!
    [​IMG]

4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I need to do that soon.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    This year’s Freeform 13 Nights of Halloween schedule:

Here

Valency Jane and Dagobahsystem like this.
  6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    BOO

Valency Jane likes this.
  7. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    It Follows is great.

Netflix has The Devil's Candy, which is a superb film. Another great one is A Dark Song.

If you hate found footage horror movies because they all suck and are too on the nose, but love movies that are well plotted and creepy that get under your skin, Lake Mungo and Savageland are two great documentary-like films that are worth getting into. But warning, they are slow burns.

I always try to watch Scream every year. Just a fun slasher revival film. I enjoy that series' breakdowns of horror tropes, but the very legitimate suspense is killer.

If anyone needs any horror movie advice, I'm your guy. I mostly recommend sone jeady and heavy stuff though--the kinds of films that may stay eith you long after they are over. Though if you're looking for just a little fun this year I can throw some other films your way.

Valency Jane and Dagobahsystem like this.
  8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    For me, it's not Halloween without watching my videotape of this:

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I pulled up a Halloween Party mix on Amazon Music.

Monster Mash will always be my favorite among “songs commonly played at Halloween parties.”

10. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I'm going to egg a teacher's house

11. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 28, 2017
    Last year for Halloween, me and some friends attempted to make a Halloween-themed short film called Halloween Heist. Completely underestimated the time and effort involved in making just a ten minute "movie" and we didn't even completely finish it until June!

Now, a full year later than expected, I'll be able to share my short film with friends and family. I'm very excited!