main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trim/Ribbon Resources

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DarthJurist, Dec 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Anyone know any websites that sell trim or ribbon? I picked up a small amount of a trim I love (and plan to use for a rennie gown) but I'd need another 10 or so yards of it. It's a Wrights 'Designer Classic' black sheer w/floral center.

I've done some searching but come up empty so far. Any help would be awsome. Thanks!

~H~

2. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Hmm, I could actually use this info also. I'm in need of some red satin ribbon and could not find any at JoAnn's.

3. JainaMSolo

JainaMSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2001
    I've never bought from them, but I know a lot of people have gotten trim from Calontir Trim.

Caitlin

4. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Also, try checking the Wright's website. OR, if you have an inch or so to spare, scan it and send me the picture and I'll look around at Denver Fabrics tomorrow before work.

5. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I checked the Wrights's website, and unless I woke up stupid this morning (which is possible, since I can't stop sneezing), they don't sell directly. I checked their list of 'online' vendors, and didn't find it.

I'd happily scan a bit of it, but I do not have a scanner. :( However, here's a bit of info in case: It's a sheer black ribbon, 5/8 inch wide, with 'floral center' embroidered down the middle in a tan or beige thread. The design is not a real floral, more like a curvy line with clusters of circles every inch. The repeat is every inch. I purchased it at Walmart, it was on clearance.

Thanks for that link, I'll be sure to bookmark it!

~H~

6. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    MJtrim was recently recommended to me, although a quick search didn't bring up any Wrights products.
    Next time I'm at Wally World, searching for action figures, I'll look it. :)

7. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I HAVE bought from Calontir Trim....though in person at an event, not via the web. However, I doubt there'd be any problem...he's been around for years.

TL Barnes are folk I know from Southern California. Again, always bought in person but she's been around for years and is reliable.

There's also
    Realm of Regalia
    but the site is down at the moment. Kathy lives near me and we've had some power problems...maybe she's gone and her server is down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.