main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Trio of new leads: discussion about the dynamic of what this means

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luukeskywalker, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    Well since it has already been announced that this is a trilogy, I have to assume we will see the rise of one character and the fall of another. I would think that either way one of those 2 characters has to be the child of either the Solo's or Luke. I would imagine that Abrams would want us to have some kind of emotional attachment to some of the new leads right away and the fastest way that would be is to make them the children of the big three.

With the hero's journey, the Hero usually isn't just a normal person, they are just perceived at the beginning to be a normal person, but usually find out that they are pre-determined to go on the hero's journey because of something else they are. Offspring of a god, Offspring of a king, Offspring of the greatest something or other.

Maybe Luke did a victory tour of the galaxy after the events of ROTJ and has a few loose sons and daughters floating around the galaxy :)

KevinM1 likes this.
  2. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012

I was just going to comment on this. The Hero's Journey doesn't force the hero to come from a (relatively) mundane origin, it just needs that the audience can identify with them on some level. And I think most people can identify with the pressure and stress of essentially being forced to follow a life path they don't really want. A Skywalker/Solo that doesn't want to be a Jedi and/or become involved in politics still fits the criteria.

That's why I've said all along that the Jedi protagonist in this trilogy will likely come into it on their own terms. I think there's going to be a very big theme of one generation passing the torch to another in this series, with all of the trials and tribulations that go along with it.

Immortiss likes this.
  3. pete brock

pete brock Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2016
    fin, rey and kylo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.