main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

trip to ocean journey ????

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i thought this would be a fun thing to do as a group activity .

its been a while since i have been to an aquarium . there is usualy lots of cool stuff to see and do . they have lots more than living sea food :D

http://www.oceanjourney.org/home/

check out the web site , there is lots of info .

if we have a group thats 10 or more we get a discount . Adult $14.95 (Group rate $12.95) we can take care of the vitals if this is something we want to do .

2. YouDontKnowMe

YouDontKnowMe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    It'd be fun! I've never been to this Aquarium and I'd better do it before it goes "belly up"...Get it? "belly up" Like..dead fish..uhm...err....*cough* (silently leaves the room) [face_blush]

3. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Sounds good to me. Besides, it's not like we have trouble getting at least 10 people to show up for this stuff. :D

4. Luvinna

Luvinna Jedi Master star 1

Oct 29, 2002
    This sounds like a great idea to me. I've been wanting to get down to Ocean Journey. All depends on when though. No talk yet of a date yet? Saturdays are best for me.

5. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    No date yet, we wanted to bat the idea around to see if it sounds like something people would want to go to.

DH, update them on what you found out.

6. BibsForTuna

BibsForTuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2003
    I would like to go. Do you think anyone would mind if I brought my son along? He loves that place. :)

7. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Hey, if I can bring the hyper cockroach (read: my nephew) to activities, you're welcome to bring the rug-rat. :D

I would also be interested in this. :)

8. alison_breeze

alison_breeze Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002

Has anyone been there, or know much about the place?

I have to admit I'm somewhat of two minds regarding whether I want to go. The last time I was at an aquarium, I was fine until I saw these two poor dolphins swimming around in this little, cramped tank. I just felt so bad when I saw that. I know, I know... I'm a soft hearted wuss. :p And I probably will end up going if you guys go... I guess I'm just curious to know what to expect.

9. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Try to go when they are feeding the fish in the "big" tank (call and find out when that is) Pretty awesome.....

10. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Count me definitely in, i've never been there and always wanted to check it out.

11. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    what i found out was that the group deal really isnt a deal . we can print out coupons from

http://www.denver.org/visitors/ddspringcoupons.asp

that are two for one . thats two , yes 2 , i said 2 people for the price of one .

if anyone has a date in mind that will or wont work would be a start .

oh yeah parking is $6 so if we could have people carpool from different ares that would be cool too .

12. alison_breeze

alison_breeze Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002

Two for the price of one is a good deal! How much is the price of one?

I don't think I live near anyone, but I can easily drive elsewhere to meet people for carpooling.

Dates... uhhhh... presumably this weekend is out, unless people don't mind the quick planning. For myself, I can go next weekend ((2-8/2-9). The following weekend (2-15/2-16) is the meeting, the weekend after that (2-22/2-23) we're helping Zoo move. Beyond that the future is cloudy. :p *shrug* Any of those weekends, I guess, except Jenn's moving weekend.

13. BibsForTuna

BibsForTuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2003
    The 8th is out for me unless we do it late in the day. :) I'm good on the 9th tho!

14. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    The regular price is $14.95 or something like that, the best deal they could give us was one free ticket for every 20 people and 10% off. We would have to pay 1/2 down in advance, when Jeff was on the phone with them she said we could go to the web-site & get the 2 for 1 deal, which is way better deal.
    Seems stupid to me that they would have a better deal for the general public then a group?
    Hope that answers your questions.

15. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Let's plan for this in March - Jeff?

16. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Let's hit it before Ripley's gets to it first, then we can go again & see what has changed.

17. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    yeah march sounds good . we can go over it at the meeting .

18. Luvinna

Luvinna Jedi Master star 1

Oct 29, 2002
    So... Was anything decided at the meeting about this? Sorry I couldn't be there.

I definately don't live anywhere near anybody else. Unless some of the other people from up north here want to go. I can drive...

19. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    i know how you feel luvinna. i dont even have any to drive up with tell i hit springs.

and was anything decided yet?

20. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    It was decided that Jeff was going to pick adate in March. Just waiting on that :)

21. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I will let him know you guys are waiting on the second in command.

22. Jabara_Eris

Jabara_Eris Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2003
    So what ever happened to the plans for the Ocean Journey? I just called them, and they said that they'll still be open, same hours and same exhibits, for at least the next three to six months.

Are we still looking at going sometime this month?

23. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    oh yeah , i'll get some dates together . maybe the weekend after the meeting ?

24. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    how about sunday march 23rd

25. DadBlazer

DadBlazer Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2002
    same as everyone else..... always wanted to go there but just haven't made it
    (maby that's why they have no money!?).
    Ash has a crazy schedule on weekends but if the time works... were in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.