Trip to Springdale for digital AotC

Discussion in 'Louisville, KY' started by Unicron, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unicron Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey everyone,

I know we're in the process of deciding when the second meeting is going to be. I know that will be the second "official" get-together that we'll post on the fan force page or whatever.

I am going to go see AotC digitally again. I read yesterday that MIB II is going to be available to theaters in DLP format, so I am thinking that, once that opens on fourth of July weekend, Sprindale in Cincy will put it in the DLP theater. Which means AotC would be playing there for three more weekends.

I am going to go again on the weekend of June 22/23. I haven't decided on Saturday or Sunday yet. I wanted to see if anyone else wants to go. I know a couple have expressed interest. I can drive, and probably fit five people in my car, counting myself (if someone sits in the middle in the back). If you want to go, let me know; I'd like the company. :) Nothing fancy or expensive, just up there, see the movie, maybe get something to eat, and come back. A one-day thing.

-John
  2. Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Count me in! I can go either day, but I'm not sure about the wife. She never really knows her schedule until a few days before the weekend. :(

Let me know as soon as you can which day you want to go and then I can start working on her!
  3. Darthcrawford02 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Count Me in for either day too! I am very interested in seeing it in digital. I think it would be a fun trip
  4. Ben_Quadrineros Jedi Knight

star 1
    Count me in too. I'd have to ask off for work and stuff, but I'd love to see it again digitally.
  5. tinkerwench Jedi Knight

star 1
    Saturdays are best for us.
    We just bought a 1979 Triumph Spitfire convertable and any excuse for a road trip right now is great. Star Wars just makes it even better!
  6. Unicron Jedi Knight

star 3
    Bad news. :(

Today (Thursday, June 13) is the last day Springdale is running AotC in the DLP theater. Tomorrow "Scooby Doo" starts there, and will run there until "Men in Black II" opens. Today is the last day Springdale is running four prints of Episode II; starting tomorrow there are only two.

Oh well. I knew it wouldn't be around much longer, but I'm kind of bummed that it's getting the boot for "Scooby Doo" and not staying there at least until MIB II opens.

-John
  7. Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Knight

star 2
    Boooo!!!!!!! :mad:

I really didnt think that they would get rid of it that quick .........i think im going to cry now...boo!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.