I.E., CA Trip To Where Jabba's Sail Barge Scene Was Filmed March 8-9th With The SDSWS

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. falcon_flyboy Jedi Knight

star 1
    yah, i don't know what the best coarse of action is. I'll have to talk to somnia.
  2. Rouge_Granger Jedi Knight

star 1
    yeah, thats probably the way to go.... glad you are here now though ;)
  3. Genvieve-Weasley Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm working on it.. they keep changing their minds... it's like well she can or no no bad idea.. !
  4. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dude Justin your here!!!!! y the hell dosint anyone tell me thes thing!!! "O How tipacall"
  5. Genvieve-Weasley Jedi Knight

star 1
    Seriously you're always the last to know ... Poor Ani :)
  6. Rouge_Granger Jedi Knight

star 1
    lol...yeah and I get chewed out for not pointing out the obvious...
  7. Sith_241 Jedi Master

star 4
    hey, those of you staying the night in San Diego, what time you going down and which way you going? I can join up with you in Hemet or Temecula if you come through a luittle later, like 5pm on Friday.
  8. Rouge_Granger Jedi Knight

star 1
    we aren't sure yet sith.... It'll probably be in the afternoon though....
  9. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Knight

star 3
    Acctoly It mite be around that thime I'll keep u posted Sith.
  10. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Knight

star 3
    What Mara_Jade_Fan said on her bords:

It is on the 8 freeway headed East. It is roughly 1/2 hour before you get to Arizona where you will come to the Imperial Dunes Reststop in the center of the 8 freeway. I've made the trip in 2 hours before, it isn't a bad drive at all. Regarding the trip... we will most likely be meeting at the Denny's on Imperial Avenue in El Centro at 9am. We will be having breakfast there together and then carpooling from that point the remaining 1/2 hour out to the Imperial Dunes. We are leaving San Diego at 6:45-7:00am Saturday morning to make sure we are in El Centro by 9am. If you want to go out later on your own, when you get to Imperial Dunes, turn right on the frontage road and keep driving till you see the Star Wars people... you know my Expedition with all the Star Wars stickers and some of us will be in costume. Then some will be camping there overnight, so bring tents. If not, you can stay in a hotel in yuma which is close. We have to meet back at the dunes before the sun comes up Sunday morning because the lighting to take the best pics/action shots of us in costume will be a first light. We are still planning the specifics out, however, if it rains out there on Friday, the trip will be cancelled as it is no fun to camp on the wet muddy dunes. Bring plenty of layers of clothing and warm jackets, plenty of drinking water, and cell phones and FRS if you have those to communicate back and forth. We are tentatively planning on having a meeting Wednesday to firm up the plans, and I will post on the forum more details at that time.

11. Padme_Anakin_Fan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Be sure to get some pics of Ani vs. Ani... ;) Or should I say Anakin and Young Obi-Wan. 8-}
  12. Rouge_Granger Jedi Knight

star 1
    well...the sun is shining today... :) one can only hope....
  13. Sith_241 Jedi Master

star 4
    There is no rain forcast for this weekend so it should be ok. Should have more deatils from Mara Jade tongiht after their meeting on the trip. I have room for anyone going down to SD on Friday night(if thats what were doing!) if you can get down to hemet, you can ride with me if you need more room.
  14. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    What time are you going to be at UltraZone on Friday? I might go...if you don't mind an outsider joining you guys for some blaster training. ;)
  15. Padme_Anakin_Fan Jedi Youngling

star 2
  16. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey dont make fun that is exsacly what it is, blaster traning! [face_plain] I think were are going to get to Ultrazone about 8-o-clock and I would love to see you there dude! Try to get like 3 more peps to go and we can have some SDSWS vs IESWS your guys will have a bit of an advanteg because I traind you, ;) But then aging IE will have ...ME [face_devil]
    At this pouint I stll only have my Obi-Wan Kenobi and my Young Kenobi costum so thats all I will be bringing out there. I do have my Obi-wan parks lightsaber and cant wate to worl that thing around at night on the dune sea!!! :)
  17. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    Obi-wan parks lightsaber

Sweet! :cool: Is it strong enough for dueling? [face_mischief] ;)

EDIT: [face_laugh] Yeah...we were taught by the best. 8-} I think it could be all of us against only you, Brandon, and you'd still kick our butts! ;)
  18. Padme_Anakin_Fan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    "Is it strong enough for dueling?"

Uh-oh...is that Duel of Fates I hear playing in the background. Obi-Wan and Anakin in a lightsaber fight. ;) Maybe I should come out...get a sneak peak at EP3. 8-}
  19. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_mischief] That's not it at all. Good idea, though ;). I was just wondering if it was as strong as the rest of Jeff Parks' sabers are. Brandon's looks exactly like Obi-Wan's and I was just wondering. :)
  20. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Knight

star 3
    "I think it could be all of us against only you, Brandon" LOL [face_laugh] mabey we should.

O yeah its strong I have already put a few dings in the plastic it defenitly good for fighting. Yeah if you film it at night with a camera you dont even really have to do any FX adding in to it. The camera picks it up pretty good.

I think padmes being a littel inctageter [face_laugh]
    But it would be pretty cool to coragraph someting. Ani vs Obi at night on the dune sea. :cool: very cool inded.
  21. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    Good deal. :) I need someone new to battle. ;) :cool:
  22. Padme_Anakin_Fan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I love your title, Colt! :D

Be careful, Brandon. I hear from others that Colt wields a "nasty" Lightsaber. [face_mischief] ;)
  23. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    Not true! I'm just...strong in the Force. [face_blush] 8-}
  24. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Knight

star 3
    O I think I'm going to be OK :cool:
  25. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_mischief] [face_devil] :cool:

Oh, wait, I just remembered how EP3's saber battle ends. [face_plain] :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.