main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

tripod model help

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by jm24x, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm24x

jm24x Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    Hey. I am very interested in trying to model the tripod from wotw to the best of my ability. The problem is there are no references at all. I've searched pretty much everywhere and can't even find a blurry picture. If anybody had any or new where to find them it would be great. This would be a good challenge to see how i compare to the big guys at ilm. If anybody else is interested in trying to model this let me know and post some pics here so we all can see what you are doing. I hope i can start on this soon.

Thanks!
    JM

2. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    There are no pictures yet. Your best bet would be to wait until the film is released on DVD, then you'll probably have all the reference you could want.

3. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Best bet now is probably to look for books. There's gotta be some "behind the scenes" or making of books. These are published more for fans than us so they probably won't have specs, wireframes, cross-sections, etc. but there's bound to be some good photos.

4. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    I bet the October Cinefex will have some good photos of them.

5. UWN

UWN Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2005

It is funny you posted this topic as i was going to ask if anybody was thinking of modeling the tripod.

I seen the film yesterday and really enjoyed it.

Well good luck i hope it all works out and if i find any useful resources i will post it here.

6. 1337mik3

1337mik3 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    For now, seems your only luck will be with the images from the originial WOTW, from 1953.
    http://www.waroftheworldsonline.com/movies/clip.htm
    http://images.google.com/images?q=war%20of%20the%20worlds%20tripod

Good luck.

EDIT: Accually, take a look at this:
    http://forums.eveofthewar.com/photos/index.php

7. UWN

UWN Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2005

If you could find a way of downloading the movie say from a p2p then that would be the best resource you could get hold of at this present time of the latest Tripod's, otherwise it looks like you will have some waiting to do as i have looked everywhere finding no good refrences also.

If i do however come across something i will post it right away as i am interested to see a good model of the Tripod knowing i do not have enough experience myself.

good luck

8. Ravenger

Ravenger Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 2, 2005
    i think this last post here is a bit out of place

just my 2cents

9. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    p2p is an idea. A lot of people got EP3 that way. Most of us are using it for reference and are not involved in selling a 1000 copies on the blackmarket. And I'm sure we'll all buy the DVD too. So lets not condone piracy, lets certainly not make it a topic of discussion here, but lets keep a perspective on it too. Otherwise... this thread is kinda dumb and what's been said is all there really is to say about it. The only reason it wasn't deleted long time ago was b/c a lot of you guys had already put some time into replying and I didn't want to delete your comments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.