side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    What would you consider the next "step up" from the 3001 legs? I see 3001, 3033, 3221. It seems like the differences are only how much weight each tripod can hold, or how high it can extend. Is there anything I'm missing?

2. ExFilms

ExFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001

TJA - Thats about it. Height and weight limit. The more expensive legs have a different style (half ball) mount for the head in order to accept the bigger more expensive heads. The 3068 legs are on my shopping list because of the center brace, as is the 3066 fluid head and the 3067 dolly.

I shouldn't say it's just height and weight limit. You really have to go to a professional camera store and feel the difference for yourself. Each higher model of legs and head has its own little unique features that make it worth the extra money.

For example, the 3068 legs have steel lower extensions instead of aluminum to lower its center of gravity. (I'm a big enough camera nerd to admit I think thats cool). :p

3. borjis fett

borjis fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 1999

There's a 99 dollar tripod made by Velbon.
    The VideoMate 607.

It has an excellent fluid head.

Its Built, looks and functions like higher end Tripods. Best 99 bucks i ever spent :)

Comes with a carry case too.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.