Trivia Game for Dec Event

Discussion in 'Melbourne, FL' started by LordGoldenArrow, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordGoldenArrow Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jan 13, 2002
    star 2
    Hiya Everyone.

    We talked about having a trivia game for the Dec event. I've been working on putting questions together for it but until now I'd given the "format" of the game very little thought.

    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to actually play the game? I'd like to have it so everyone can play, maybe even teams.

    Right now I have 50 questions compiled from the trilogy. 25 from E1 and 10 from the EU (Books).

  2. Ruckus Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2002
    star 3
    Okay- we need more questions! Do you have the Star Wars behind the Magic? That thing had like 200 questions! I think to play maybe you should divide questions into easy-medium-hard skill levels- and have a graded points scale- like 10 for hard, 7 for Medium and 4 for easy. That way you can have a point system to get a clear winner. Perhaps teams could compete against each other? Pick a spokeperson to give the answer but the team comes up with the answer? Well let me know what ya think- sounds cool so far!
  3. LadyDemoness Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Nov 1, 2001
    star 1
    Katie has SW Trivial Pursuit. Why don't we just 'persuade' her to bring the game and that should solve our trivia game problem?
  4. Ruckus Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 2, 2002
    star 3
    cause thats cheating....
  5. LordGoldenArrow Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jan 13, 2002
    star 2
    Well, I have planned on asking the starlet to bring her SW game if she doesn't mind.

    However, as the starlet herself can tell you she can probably answer every question in that game. I'm sure most of us can answer those questions.

    I agree we need more questions. That was only like a half hours' worth of writing on my part. I also think the questions I have are not too easy.

    I like the points system. Any other ideas?
  6. Sandy Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 16, 2002
    star 2
    If we divide into teams, I call dibs on the starlet.

    Sandy
  7. LordGoldenArrow Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jan 13, 2002
    star 2
    I say we auction her off! [face_mischief]

    Do I hear $1? 8-}


    ;)


    Art
  8. Sandy Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 16, 2002
    star 2
    I thought you had to be in third world countries before you could auction women to the highest bidder.

    Guess Florida is more liberal than I thought.

    Sandy
  9. LordGoldenArrow Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jan 13, 2002
    star 2
    Or just be in a Galaxy far far away...

    And as the organizer/judge of the game I'm just selling her knowledge base. <g> She'll get the money. Like any good manager I'll take a cut though. <eg>

    Do we need PAM for this activity?
    (reference to funny football activity in paper)
  10. Thumper09 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Dec 9, 2001
    star 4
    See, in Wisconsin, we don't have this sort of problem with auctioning off people and all. Guess we're more civilized up there. :p

    I can bring the game, but 95% of the questions seem to be incredibly easy (like "Who said, 'Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope'?"), and the remaining 5% are what I consider impossible ones like "What is the number on the cabinet C3PO hides in at such and such a time?", with an error in my numbers of plus or minus two sigma. (sorry, it just slipped out. ignore that last part.)

    I have a ton of trivia questions from Episode I, but I haven't looked at the difficulty level in a while. I could answer most, but that was right after the movie came out and I'd seen it seven times in a three-month period.

    I'll let you all know if I think of any other sources or game formats or whatnot.

    -Katie
    Thumper
    who's happy that her icon finally doesn't clash with the rest of the board colors
  11. Sandy Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 16, 2002
    star 2
    The reason you don't have that sort of problem in Wisconsin is that it is too much of a hassle rounding up all the cows and pigs you want to trade to make it worthwhile. Plus, the three guys with indoor plumbing would never trade the pipes for a mere woman.

    Sandy
  12. Rogue428 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Mar 9, 2001
    star 2
    oh man...such truth about 'Sconsin...

    and I loved the 2 sigma bit...but I'm more used to 3 sigma....guess we're slackers over here....

    forgive me...I went through a bottle of port alone tonight...so I'm flying high...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.