main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Trivia Game

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    Sleepy Hollow?

2. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    Yes, Ma'am: Sleepy Hollow.

Good job!

3. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    OK ~ along these same lines

1.) In the year 2000, Ray Park was nominated for the MTV Movie Award for "Best Fight" from Ep 1. Who did he share this nomination with?

2.) What other nominations has Ray Park received?

4. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    any takers?

5. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    No clue. But was he possibly up for Best Villain or Bad Guy?

6. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm surprised no one has yet answered the first part of Mrs. 1966's question . . .

the 2000 MTV movie award nomination that Ray Park had for Best Fight was shared with Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor for a scene called "Duel of the Fates" (perhaps you've heard of it [face_mischief] )

As for the other . . . I'm not sure. Maybe one for Toad in the X-men????

So, here's my one question:

In the fight scene between Obi-Wan and Jango on the landing platform, just before Obi-Wan goes over the edge, he says "Not good." That, however, was not his original line. What was the original line he was supposed to say? And just for fun, the original line was later said by someone else -- who and in what scene? :D

7. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    "I got a bad feeling about this" ??

Anakin said it in the Genosis Arena.

My question:

Dooku had 2 apprentices Qui Gon Jinn and then one who turned to the darkside name them Hint- Its a her.

8. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    That "her" would be Komari Vosa,my young apprentice.

There was another Zabrak in the fight in the Geonosian arena aside from Eeth Koth,he's seen in a brief shot delivering a horizontal roundhouse kick to a battle droid,who is he(or what is his name)?

9. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    From the official site: Agen Kolar was a Zabrak in the final circle of Jedi survivors.

Here's my question: What is Mon Mothma's homeworld?

10. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    Chandrila

my question
    Who bulids the E-wing fighter?

11. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    The E-Wing fighter was developed and manufactured by FreiTek Inc., a company formed by the defecting Incom design team that developed the X-wing starfighter.

Keeping with the Starship theme, My question is :

Who developed the B-Wing starfighter?

12. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    If memory serves,that would be Adm. Akbar,yes?

Here's one...in the novel (still fair game?)
    of ANH, who is the first casualty of the Battle of Yavin?

13. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Almost Jedi_66. You got part of it. Yes, Admiral Ackbar was involved but he supervised its creation by whom?

14. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    The Verpine enginereed it and I believe Luke and Keyan Farlander aided in the testing.

And I can't remeber who died first so Master's question still stands as the next in line

15. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    "Good call my young padawan."
    I've been thinkin; this ine for a while,might not be exactly one of your typical trivia questions,as it will depend on how well one knows their SW characters,so here goes...
    **scene-the destroyed jawa sandcrawler-ANH**
    aside from the accurate blaster shots and the bantha tracks,what other sign was there(not mentioned-but obvious,if you know your characters well)that the attack was NOT sandpeople?

16. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    They left gaffi sticks at the scene?

17. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    Nope...
    This "evidence"shows that it was NOT sandpeople.

18. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    OK, the first casualties in the battle of yavin, mentioned in the book, are Imperials and droids sucked out into space when the X-Wings strafe the surface. Then, a TIE pilot chasing Biggs is killed. Next, the first Rebel to die is John D.

I'm going to try the Tusken question, and wait to see if I am right. I know Luke had never heard of the Sandpeople hitting anything as big as a sandcrawler, so that is evidence. Also, the sandpeople are scavengers of metal, so they would have taken away parts of the crawler. Are either of those ideas what you are looking for, Master Jedi1966? If you are referring to the taking of prisoners for torture, how would Ben know that any jawas were missing? I doubt the behavior shown with Shmi would extend to the taking of *every* Jawa.

19. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    Both are good,the proof I'm refering to would be "blast points",Tuskens don't use energy weapons they use projectile weapons.So obviously not sandpeople.Just something that dawned on me during the monotony of work.
    John D. it was,so you're up Brandon.

20. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Yes, good point about the blast points. I didn't think of that one. Anyway, my new question is about the Tibanna gas "mined" on Bespin. What is it used for?

21. jedi_1966

Oct 31, 2001
    OOOOO....OOOO...
    know this one from memory,used for powering energy weapons,mainly shipboard types,yes?

Think about this one,while I still have my previous question fresh in mind.There were gaffi sticks layin around the afore mentioned scene,right?So does that mean that Imperial Troops slaughtered aband or even a whole tribe of Tuskens to get 'em?I don't think Tuskens'd just kinda hand 'em over.Not to mention that Imps were using dewbacks as beast of burden x-port,so where'd the banthas come from?

22. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, spin-sealed Tibanna gas is a powerful blaster gas. Take it away with a new one of your own.

(as for the Bantha Tracks, I picture a Stormie with a stick with a fake foot on the end, stamping out fake prints. Kinda like Bigfoot fakers. I imagine him asking whether the prints should be side by side, or single file. But nobody knows, so he does his best.) :D

23. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    Yep the attack Tusken's its in Tales of the Mos Eisley Cantina's Davin Felth story (Good read) They slaughter the jawas then bring in stuff they took from a band of Tuskens. Thats were my thought came from as why would a warrior leave his weapon behind and I doubt jawas could kill one on a good day.

To follow Tattoine triva heres one

1. Who is the man who became a Tusken war leader after he left the Jedi order before the Battle of Naboo and what is his son's name?

24. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    From Dark Horse, the man is Sharad Hett, and his son is A'Sharad Hett. Both are cool characters.

New question:
    Name the former apprentice of Quinlan Vos who fought in the battle of Geonosis.

25. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Aayla Secura (the female blue twi lek)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.