main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Trivia Game

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    (Good job on the Greedo answers - BTW, I read that the greedo in the cut scene was the ANH Greedo's father.)

The cantina aliens in question are Duros, and Doros and Neimodians come from the same ancestral species, though they have evolved a little apart from each other. We see Neimodians in the prequels, Gunray, etc.

That came about because Lucas originally meant the neimoidians to look like living battle droids - the species that the droids were based on. But, that meant another computer generated species, and time and money were running out on TPM. So Lucas made a quick decision to change the appearance of the Neimoidians, and hastily chose the Duro mask as the basis of their heads. Of course, the Geonosians became the species the battle droids were based on. Compare a battle droid head with the head of a geonosian.

New question:

In the book "The Courtship of Princess Leia", which character sings a song extolling the virtues of Han Solo?

2. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    C-3PO sings the song to Leia with I think something over 300 verses in it and she stops him after 1 or 2.

If I'm correct heres mine

Is Han Solo really the King of Corellia?

3. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    Bump Bumpety-bump!

4. Kate_VRW

Kate_VRW Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2003
    No. But Han is desended from a con man who CLAIMED to be the King of Corellia. As I am answering this quick quick on my way out the door, too lazy to look up the particulars, lets continue the question with what the actually line of descent of Han is and how that con man claimed to be heir to the throne. . .

5. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Wow. that really killed the trivia game, didn't it.

Han's great grandfather was Korol Solo, pretender to the Corellian Throne who was later hanged for his crimes.

Han's grandfather was Denn Solo (I'm assumming he was Korol's son since Corellians seem to stick with last names from the paternial line). His grandmother was Tira Gama Solo. During a pirate raid, they were seperated. Denn taking their infant son, Tira taking their infant daughter. Denn & the son, presumablly Han's father, were never heard of again.

So, here's another question, an easy one to get things rolling again :)

What was the name of the Gungan city that Jar Jar took Qui & Obi to?

6. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Otah Gunga.

Keeping with a Gungan theme...

How many Reps (not including Boss Nass) were there on the rep council.

Bonus: Name at least one of them.

Sorry, GC, some how I PM'd you this answer first.

7. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I think there are 4 Reps. I know one is named Rep Been and maybe another is named Rep Teers. Am I right?

8. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Good job, your question Shewski....

9. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Ok, where was Ahmed Best discovered by Robin Gurland?

10. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Appearing in "Stomp", a San Francisco musical. She liked the way Best moved, and thought he'd be good for at least the physical part of Jar Jar.

New question:

Someone close to Lucas made up the name "Gungan." Who was that person?

Bonus toughie: The name "Bink" (from which Jar Jar Binks may have come) appears very early in SW history. What was the the full name of the character (from the early script drafts) who had the first name of Bink?

11. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    The first part (Gungan) came from his son of course.

I'd have to look up the bonus one though.

12. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Right, Sal, of course. All yours!

-BW

13. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I believe I might have asked this before but here goes...

This is a multi-part question that you must get every part right in order to be correct. wait for my confirmation before posting your question. (It's easy just do your research on starwars.com)

In meters, how long is a standard Imperial II Class Satr Destroyer from bow to stern? (part 1)

On average how many troops (typically Stormtroopers) does and ImpStar Deuce (That's it's nickname) carry? (part 2)

How long could an ImpStar Deuce stay out in space without replenishing? (This is referred to as "consumables") (part three)

And lastly, an ImpStar Deuce is a "capitol ship". What makes it a capitol ship and one major hint here, it is not it's overall size?

14. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    *grins* Sal, ya' stumped us all. Answer your own question and ask another one (keeping in mind that many of us do not have the technical data on Imperial warships memorized :D )

15. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Alrighty, here are the answers...

This is a multi-part question that you must get every part right in order to be correct. wait for my confirmation before posting your question. (It's easy just do your research on starwars.com)

In meters, how long is a standard Imperial II Class Star Destroyer from bow to stern? (part 1)

ANSWER: 1.6 Kilometers

On average how many troops (typically Stormtroopers) does and ImpStar Deuce (That's it's nickname) carry? (part 2)

ANSWER: 35,000 troopers of varying array, but mostly Stormtroopers.

How long could an ImpStar Deuce stay out in space without replenishing? (This is referred to as "consumables") (part 3)

ANSWER: 3 years

And lastly, an ImpStar Deuce is a "capitol ship". What makes it a capitol ship and one major hint here, it is not it's overall size?

ANSWER: it's the power output. The Imperial class star destroyer has a multitude of weapons and engines
    NOTE: Here's the strange part. A ship called the Skipray Blastboat is considered a capitol class ship as well even though it is little more in size than a typical fighter. Again it is due to the power output of that little ship that bristles with weapons and engines.

Okay, with that, I'll give an relatively easy question...

What is Admiral Ackbar's association with Grand Moff Tarkin? (Give a brief history-a paragraph or two will suffice)

16. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Wel I don't know alot about the history between the 2 but I do know Ackbar was Tarkins slave.

17. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Good enough.

Your go Josh.

18. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    By the end of the New Jedi Order about how old will C-po be?

19. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    If your going by the movies (and you should since they are "canon"), I'd guess 65. I don't know the NJO "yet" but I just got all of the books and will be reading them over the next few months.

If however you go by the previous knowledge that he was 115 as of SW (this was stated in magazine's and trading cards and so on back in the '70's), then he would be around 140. Again just guesses though.

20. jaster_meerle

jaster_meerle Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    i thought he would be around 225 cause he was 200 at star wars

21. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    I am going by startting with anakin buiding him and saying episode 1 was the "birth" and ending with the last njo book. TPM takes place 32 years before ANH The Unifying force(last NJO book) takes place 30 years after ANH making 3PO about 62 years old. Your question Sal.

22. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Well, I didn't get it right. I was just in the ballpark, so ask another question Josh.

(Just being fair to others.)

23. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    Acording to the EU including the movies Luke has done battle with 3 dark lords of the Sith. Name them.

24. jaster_meerle

jaster_meerle Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    ops i got mmmixed up with 3P0 and chewi

yup 3P0 is going to be 225 or what ever i said

25. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Three Dark Lords:

Darth Vader in the films
    Darth Sidious/Palpatine in Dark Empire
    (Darth?) Lumiya in the Marvel Comics