main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Trivia Game

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    You got the first 2 right but the third one is not the one I'm looking for.

2. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    While it may not be the on you're looking for, it does fufill your questions requirements for an answer...

3. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    Three Dark Lords:

Darth Vader in the films
    Darth Sidious/Palpatine in Dark Empire
    (Darth?) Lumiya in the Marvel Comics

correct?

It also becomes a matter of who exactly is a Sith Lord. Lumiya is even a little questionable in my opinion. Perhaps you mean Flint of Belderone also from Marvel? Lord Nyax from the New Jedi Order? Not every dark side villian is a Sith Lord, even with retro-continuity imposed.

Shall I ask my question, or just wait for someone to answer with what you are looking for?

-BW

4. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Josh, do you count Joruus C'Baoth?

I think he would have been considered Dark Jedi rather than Sith.

It's NOT Exar Kun as it was Luke's students who destroyed him.

It wasn't Naga Sadow, as Kun was the one who destroyed him.

Perhaps the Emperor TWICE?

Or stretching it you could say Vader twice. Once on the second Death Star, but before that, the "ghost" in the cave on Dagobah.

If none of these please just give your answer and reference (What book it's from).

5. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    I was refering to Exar Kun I never said destroyed. Go ahead Bendon your questin.

6. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Lumiya was given the title Dark Lady. It's still out as to whether or not she was a Sith. But if you go by the Rule of Two, then she wasn't ;)
    Sorry to drag this out, but she's one of my all time favorite characters so any chance to talk about her I'll take :)

7. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Lumiya is a great character. I reworked her and Flint for a fan fiction series several years ago (Tank Boma and the Rise of the new Sith), and had a blast writing about her.

I should have thought about Exar Kun, but oh well.

Since I have been told it is okay to ask a new one, here is a Dex's Diner set of questions. Answer either one or both if you know 'em.

1. The waitress droid in Dex's Diner has three aurebesh letters on her torso. What do they spell in English, and what TV show is that word a reference to?

2. Dex's Diner itself is a reference or homage to an earlier George Lucas movie. Which one?

8. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Wow, Brendon, could you have made this any easier....J/k

1. The waitress droid in Dex's Diner has three aurebesh letters on her torso. What do they spell in English, and what TV show is that word a reference to?

they spell FLO and it comes from the show Alice-about a mother of 1 from New Jersey who moves to Phoenix and works for a crabapple boss named Mel. (I know this so well because my mom and I moved to Phoenix when I was little right around the same time as the show and she (my mom) became a waitrss as well)

2. Dex's Diner itself is a reference or homage to an earlier George Lucas movie. Which one?

American Graffitti ...(Spelling?)

There's a cool comparison photo on the official site of Lucas shooting the scene of Dex's diner. He's under the counter directing. And the near exact same shot was taken of him when he directed Ron Howard in a shot of a diner in American Graffitti. Very cool!

Anyway, thanks for the easy question Brendon.

Here's my question:

What are the diameters of the First and Second Death Stars. respectively?

(I've asked this before, so it should be easy)

9. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Arrrgggh. I missed the Dex's Diner question (which I knew the answers to) and now we are back to vehicle specs! Sigh.

Dex rules. Hope Dex shows up in Ep III.

10. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    First Death Star -- 120 kilometers diameter
    Second Death Star -- 160 kilometers diameter

Between EPI and EPII several members of the Jedi Council changed. List the ones that left and who replaced them.

11. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Yareal Poof was killed in battle and Coleman Trebor took his place.

Yaddle (for reasons as yet unknown) was replaced by Shaak Ti.

What are the names of the Togruta and Nikto padawan children that Yoda was teaching, when Obi-wan came looking for Kamino, during the lightsaber teaching session?

12. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Yaddle (for reasons as yet unknown) was replaced by Shaak Ti.

This was explained in one of the EU Jedi Apprentice books recently. ;)

13. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    Ashla&Jempa

What was the name of the species that caused the rebellion and the Empire to join forces for the first time?

14. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Ah, Josh, check your answer again. You're wrong on one of them. Ashla is one of them, who is the other.

15. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I would answer the current question, but am waiving my right due to the fact that they are in the book I'm reading righ tnow ;)

16. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    I think the bear clan kids are Ashla and Chian, Togruta and Nikto. If that is right, then let the question above stand - what species caused the Rebels and the Empire to work together for the first time? Maybe someone knows also what recent book featured that species again?

17. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Was that species the Ssi-ruuvi from Truce at Bakura??

If it was, then my question is: According to R2 in ANH, the tractor beam could be shut down from any one of how many locations?

18. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    The tractor beam is coupled to the main reactor in seven locations.

Which droid was called a "thermocapsulary dehousing assister" in the novel of ANH? What's the real function of that droid?

19. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    The books are the NJO Force Heretic Trilogy: Remnant, Refugee and Reunion

20. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Right, this is getting a bit nonlinear. Questions and answers are flying all over the place. Better scrap the question I just asked. It was R2, by the way.

Go ahead and ask a new question, Dex 1138, and let's try to keep this thread organized! :)

21. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Gee, I think it is safe to say the previous person has no intention of putting up another question.

So I will. The second question is a sort of harder bonus one.

1. What was the first EU publication to feature New Jedi Order bad guy Nom Anor?

2. What was the first EU publication to feature good guy pilot Corran Horn?

22. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Sigh, EU??? I don't know nothin' about EU ;)

23. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    OK, toss that question. I'd like to keep the thread going in a fun way, and not let it die. Here's another attempt: a halloweenish trivia series.

Give the names of the characters from the cantina scene who most resemble the following:

1) a wolfman
    2) a devil
    3) a giant praying mantis

24. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Give the names of the characters from the cantina scene who most resemble the following:

1) a wolfman
    2) a devil
    3) a giant praying mantis

ANSWERS:
    1)Lak Sivrak-he's a Shistavanen wolfman
    2)Labria (his alias) -He's a Devaronian His real name is Kardue'sai'Malloc. To his fellow Devaronians he's known as the "Butcher of Montellian Serat" (I could have misspelled that)
    3)Kitik Keedak- She is a Yam'rii

25. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Right-O! Can you ask a halloween type question to follow up?

-BW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.