main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Trivia Game

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    I thought this was kind of fun and a little bummed it died out. Let's start it up again, eh?

2. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Okay here's one.

Challenge: What is Jabba's full name?

Correct spelling is required for this answer.

Bonus Question: What is the signifigance of his (Jabba's) name?

3. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    I can field this one. Jabba's full name is Jabba the Hutt!!

No, seriously, it is Jabba Desilijic Tiure. The 'Desilijic' part of the name indicates the Hutt crime clan that Jabba is part of. He eventually becomes leader of the Desilijic clan before he is killed on Tatooine. I'm not exactly sure about the Tiure part.

OK, here are a couple more. (Noble Kale, you don't get to answer these unless no one else can!! lol)

Easy question: What are the elite ranks of Emperor Palpatine's personal guards called (not just Imperial Guards), and what is the primary weapon used by the Imperial Royal Guard?

Geek-level question: What is the name of the planet where prospective Imperial Guards go to train, and what is the sparring ring shaped like the Imperial symbol over top a chasm known as?

4. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Ya known, at one point in time I thought I knew alot about Star Wars, then along came this Sithy Trivia game.
    :D

5. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    can't remeber the ranks at the moment buts its a force pike for a weapon and they train on the planet of Yinchorr.

Heres a follow to an eariler one whats the command lineage of Rogue Squadron after Return of the Jedi?

and one I don't know if anyone will know I saw it once a while ago.

What is the name of the very first production Imperial Class Star Destroyer?

6. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    Command lineage of Rogue squadron after ROTJ:
    at Bakura and through the X-Wing books and Thrawn books: Wedge Antilles.
    During Jedi Academy trilogy: Tycho Celchu.
    During New Jedi Order: Gavin Darklighter.

Two new questions:
    1. Give the EU names of the following SW action figures: Prune face, hammerhead, squid head.

2. In what year did the subtitle "A New Hope" first appear on prints of the first SW film?

7. Crimson_Knight1175

Jun 20, 2002
    Follow up on my questions: Both your answers are right Corran. The elite ranks are known as the Sovereign Protectors, and the sparring ring on Yinchorr was known as "the Squall".

8. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Hey, I know the EU one =)

Omirrarko (sp?) is prune face, Momaw Nadon is hammerhead, and tessek is squid head.

In ESB's trailer, we see 3p0 do something on Hoth that doesn't make it to the final movie. Describe the deleted scene

9. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    "He" tears off a sign that lets people know there are dangerous creatures (Wampas) inside. When the Imperials gain entry to the base on Hoth, some of them go into this room and are SLAUGHTERED!

I really hope we get this in the Special Edition DVD's.

Okay my question (Max you can't answer this one.)

What is the name of the first alien seen in the cantina (from ANH)?

Bonus: What is "his" race and what are they addicted to?

10. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    The creature that pops up is an Arcona, Hem Dazon, who is addicted to salt, hence the eye color.

Here's a couple tatooine questions - answer either or both.

1. What was Luke's insulting nickame at Toshi station, and who was one person who called him that name?

2. What creature did Ben Kenobi imitate to scare off the Tuskens in ANH?

Answer to the earlier ANH subtitle question: The subtitle "Episode IV A New Hope" first appeared in 1979 with the re-release with an ESB trailer.

That was the trailer with Threepio ripping off the sign, as well as Luke and Leia almost kissing before Threepio barges into Luke's hospital room on Hoth. Both were deleted scenes.

11. Crimson_Knight1175

Jun 20, 2002
    Answers:
    1. Luke's nickname at Tosche station was 'Wormie'. One of the people who called him that, and the first to do so in the novelization, was Camie. Also present in that scene were Fixer, Camie's boyfriend, Deak, Windy, and Biggs Darklighter.

2. The creature Ben imitated was a Krayt Dragon. You can see a Krayt dragon skeleton in the one scene with C-3PO before he tries to flag down the Jawa sandcrawler.

OK, here are a couple more, starship related ones this time.

1. What was the name of Admiral Ackbar's flagship at the battle of Endor? Also, what was the name of the first Rebel Alliance ship destroyed at the battle of Endor by the Death Star's functional superlaser?

2. What was the name of the Star Destroyer that captures Princess Leia's corvette at the very beginning of Star Wars?

12. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    O.K. Crimson,those would be:
    Home One
    Liberty
    and
    the Devastator

Cool?

Here's one,what is Wedge's astromech's designation during the Battle of Yavin? And,what colors is it?

13. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    anyone?

14. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I have no clue! UNCLE! UNCLE!!! Easier question!

15. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    *Dumbfounded look* UH R4-D9? R7-D1? I don't know Isn't his red though?

16. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    WIMPS!!! and the correct answer is......R3T6
    and he is black & white

No more *UNCLES* My master is not as forgiving as I am.

Here's another one

Who was the first rebel pilot killed in the battle of Yavin? In the movie and in the book?

17. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    In the book it was John D. Yes, Blue Six. Haven't the slightest idea of who in the movie (I'd go check but I still haven't gotten around to replacing my VCR)

So, while the first part of Mrs. 1966's question is still up for grabs, here's one from me . . .

In ANH, in the cantina, is a male being smoking a pipe. What is his race? (its not human)

Edit . . . hey speaking of uncles, what real life uncle and nephew have appeared in the SW films (although not together)? [yeah, I'm now asking more questions than I should. If you feel you have been treated unfairly, perhaps we should take this matter to the Hutts]

18. Crimson_Knight1175

Jun 20, 2002
    Not sure about the first question GC, but I do know the second one. That would be Ewan McGregor, as young Obi-Wan in the prequels and Dennis Lawson, who played Wedge Antilles in the original trilogy.

Since there are two other questions still hanging around unanswered, I won't add another! ;)

19. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    the pipe smoker's an Anzanti and I can't rember the x-wing pilot for the life of me.

Heres a semi easy one,

What is the name of the frieghter pilot who killed Ulic Quel Droma and contray to his thoughts did not become famous?

20. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Ulic was killed by Hoggon.

Here's a pair of dark Empire Questions.

The Dark Empire series was going to have a story between Dark Empire I and Dark Empire II. It was to be an illustrated novella, but it wasn't published in the end. Who was going to write it, and what was the title?

easier: Who finally killed Emperor Palpatine in the series? Name the person who shot him and the person who took his spirit to the netherworld.

21. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I thought that Luke, Leia and the unborn Anakin took out the Emperor with their Force powers. Although it was very unclear to me if the Light side of the Force tore him apart or he was consumed by the Dark Side (or some combination of the two). Since I'm not sure of the answer, I won't post a question.

22. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    There was supposed to be one in between?

Palpatine was shot by Han Solo on New Aldrearnn and Empatjoys SP? Brand traped his spirit with his own so that they died together.

NJO question what are the names of Wedge Antilles children?

23. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Right-o on Palpatine, killed by Han and Brand, but on Onderon. The graphic story album "Lightsider" was to come between Dark Empire I and II, and it was to tell the story of how Luke met Kam Solusar and saved him from the dark side by playing an ancient Jedi game named Lightsider.

Wedge's kids with Iella: Myri and Syal.

Keeping with the theme,

What was (Corran's wife) Mirax's nickname for Wedge?

or...

What physical activity did Iella not want Wedge to perform on her person?

24. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    Veggies for first one
    and I know Wedge didn't want Illea to tickle him can't think of what she didn't want him to do.

Two pre prequel era questions:

What is the name of Qui Gon Jinn's first apprentice?

Who killed the supercommando Jaster Meerel inadvertantly putting Jango Fett in charge of the Mandalorians?

25. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Qui's first apprentice was Xanatos, who turned to the Darkside.

My question is what events lead to Xanatos turning to the Darkside?

Random comment: Wow, Jedi of Yoda's line sure suck as teachers. Yoda's padawan Dooku falls to the Darkness. Dooku's padawan Qui-Gon's padawan Xanatos falls to the Darkside. Qui-Gon's padawan Obi-Wan's padawan Anakin falls to the Darkside. Makes me wonder why the Sith didn't take over the universe so much sooner than Palpatine. Could it be that the Sith are even worse teachers than the Jedi??? Must be, after all Palpatine's first apprentice Maul gets cut in half, then his next apprentice Vader eventually throws him down a reactor shaft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.