main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Trivia Game

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    **still thinking ~ surprized no one else has hooked onto this yet....BW or Sal??**

2. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    Xanatos, in brief, was tempted from the Jedi way by his father's power and wealth. He joined his father Crion in starting a war, and when Qui-Gon intervened, it was too late. Qui-Gon killed Xanatos' father in front of Xanatos. After that he was pretty much on the dark side.

Here's another pair to choose from:

1. Name the two Yuzzem who helped Luke and Leia on Mimban.

2.(Geek level question) Who played the Bantha in A New Hope?

3. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Ooh! I'm a geek!

The bantha was played by "Mardji" (spelling WAY off) the Elephant, who is now dead =(

Ill ask one question since Branden's other one is out there.

How many times does Leia kiss someone in the movies?

4. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    No one yet? This should be pretty easy to figure out...

5. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Lets see . . .

ANH -- kisses Luke 'for luck.' Then when Han & Luke get back from blowing up the Death Star, she kisses Han 'I knew there was more to you than money' (or does she just hug him???)

ESB -- kisses Luke while he's in the infirmary to make Han jealous (Ewwwww). Kisses Han while repairing Falcon (interupted by C-3PO), Kisses Han in the detention cell.

ROTJ -- Kisses Han after freeing him from the carbonite, Kisses Han while he's binding up her wounded arm.

Despite her statement about what she'd rather do, Leia never kisses Chewie.

Was that all of them? Were all those correct? I'm not 100% sure so I won't post another question yet.

6. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Greencat, you were almost right- I believe you missed the kissed that inspired the question, Leia kissing Luke's head after he fights Vader on Bespin. The caption of a SW CCG Card said "Luke-2, Han-2, Chewie-0."

Good job! The next question is yours!

7. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Who was the Admiral of Vader's star destroyer before Piett, and why was he replaced by Piett?

8. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Admiral Ozzel.

Ozzel was in command prior to the Battle of Hoth. He initially disregarded Captain Piett's report of life-signs in the Hoth system. When Vader decided to follow Piett's leads, Ozzel brought the Imperial fleet out of hyperspace too close to the system.

Alerted to the Imperial presence, the Rebels were able to erect a protective energy shield over Echo Base, preventing any Imperial bombardment. What was to be a simple bombing strike now was transformed into a costly ground invasion. It was the last error Ozzel ever made. Using the Force, Vader telekinetically strangled Ozzel, and placed Captin Piett, now Admiral, in command.

9. Noble_Kale

Aug 15, 2002
    Here's another pair of questions:

1. What is the name of Vader's Super Star Destoyer?

2.(Geek level question) What were the names of Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator and his Sith Speeder?

10. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    The Super Star Destroyer "Executor"
    The Sith Infiltrator "Scimitar"
    The Sith Speeder "Bloodfin"

Here are three Indiana Jones / Star Wars crossover questions. Answer any one to move on...

1. Which SW characters were carved on the wall in the Well of Souls in the first Indy film?

2. Which SW character had a club named after him in the second Indy film?

3. Which SW character, in a SW book, took the alias Jenos Idanian, clearly an in-joke about Indy?

answer all three and get "fortune and glory"...

11. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    OK, I've got these 3.

1. The two Star Wars charachters in the Well of Souls would be R2 and C-3PO.

2. The club from Temple of Doom, where Indy is poisoned by Lao Che is "Club Obi Wan"

3. And Indy's Star Wars alter ego, Han Solo, used the name Jenos Idanian as an alias with his tenure with Garris Shrike, along with when he was trying to escape with Bria Tharen off of Ylesia, selling of stolem treasure for Terenzoa. Also, Corran Horn eventually uses the alias as well.

12. Crimson_Knight1175

Jun 20, 2002
    sorry, post got doubled up there...

13. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Great job on the Indy questions, Crimson K. Fortune and glory are indeed yours. But, another question you must ask.

14. Crimson_Knight1175

Jun 20, 2002
    Ah, yes indeed, I did forget to post my questions. Here they are.

1. EU- What were the names of the four Star Destroyers under Admiral Daala's command to guard the Maw Installation?

2. What was the name of the commander of the Imperial ground forces (the AT-AT's) at the battle of Hoth. Bonus--What is the actor's name and what other George Lucas movie did he star in, and what was his charachters name?

3. Special bonus follow-up Indiana Jones question -- What historical figure did Dr. Henry Jones quote after destroying the pursuing Nazi fighter place by inducing a flock of birds to fly up into its path? (Major bonus points if you know the quote too!!)

15. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I know the bonus -- "I remembered my Charlemagne. 'Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky.' "

I [face_love] the Jones boys.

16. Crimson_Knight1175

Jun 20, 2002
    Woo-hoo! Good job, Master Greencat! I love Indy too, can't wait for the new one to come out!

Henry: "What did you find, Junior?"
    Indy: "Junior? Dad..."
    Sallah: "Please..What does it always mean, this..this 'Junior.'"
    Henry: "That's his name. Henry Jones, Junior."
    Indy: "I like Indiana."
    Henry: "We named the DOG Indiana..."
    Sallah: "The DOG?? You're named after the DOG??? HAHAHAHA"
    Indy: "I have very fond memories of that dog..."

17. 1Bobafett14

1Bobafett14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2001
    Have you guys(and gals) ever played any of the trivia on the major SW sites?
    Sometimes-not too often, certain sites offer some huge prizes (for example Rebelscum's anniv./Artoosnews/etc.) I've won some smaller prizes in the past, nothing major. The major contests that have big time prizes usually are next to impossible. I used to play if the prizes were decent, but haven't played in at least a yr.-just don't have that kind of time. The "elimination" style tournaments are great, but haven't seen one of those in a while.

The reason I ask is that some of you have some "book knowledge" which sometimes tends to stump a few of the hardcore fanatics out there every now and then.

18. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    It was General Veers on Hoth. And I know 2 of the 4 Destroyers- Gorgon, Hydra and I think 2 other greek monstors.

Mine turn:

What Rebel Pilot has an been in the Bacta Tank so much the Bacta Cartels want him to do endorsments?

Geeky/History Question To follow up Indy one:

What is the name/designation of the 2 fighter planes that attack Indy and father after fleeing the airship?

19. Noble_Kale

Aug 15, 2002
    Here is the 'Bonus' answer to Crimson Knights question about Gen Veers:

Actor Julian Glover. He played villain Walter Donovan in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

20. Crimson_Knight1175

Jun 20, 2002
    Got half of them Corran, the other two were the Basilisk and the Manticore, like you said, two other Greek monsters. Kudos to Noble Kale for bonus question (though I figured you'd know!! lol)

21. Noble_Kale

Aug 15, 2002
    Woo-hoo! Kudos!

Thanks CK. :D

Before I wolf them down, I got to ask ya 'Got Milk?' 8-}

22. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    I think that Bacta-loving pilot is Hobbie.
    My LC novel says the planes that chased Indy and his Dad were Messerschmidt fighter bombers.

Here's a few poster questions:

1. Easier one...Who did the art for the Special Edition Trilogy Posters?

2. Harder...Who did the art for the very first poster ever released for Star Wars (it was released at a convention)?

23. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    UP.

If nobody can answer either of the poster art questions, I'll have to ask another type of question, I guess.

24. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I have the first one, but I can only hazard a guess on the second-

1. Drew Struzan

2. One of the Hildebrants- Greg and Tim, I think... But I thought the first poster was the "coming to your galaxy next summer" teaser.

Let me know, Branden!

25. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Drew Struzan it is. I love his artwork. Go ahead and post some more questions of your own. The other answer was Howard Chaykin, the Marvel comics artist who illustrated Star Wars Corporation poster #1. Wish I had one, because it's worth several hundred dollars today, and it was a freebie at a 1976 convention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.