main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Trivia Game

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Branden,

I agree- Drew has a great realistic style that make any art of his quite impressive.

Trying to stay on a related theme, Which is the only poster of the Struzan posters to feature Boba Fett?

2. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    The ROTJ special edition poster has a small Boba Fett on it.

Here are two Dave Prowse questions...answer either and post yer own.

1. Dave Prowse (man inside Darth Vader) was not trusted with the script line "I am your father" for fear he'd leak the news to the press. What line was he given to say instead?

2. What Stanley Kubrick film did Dave Prowse appear in as a bodyguard?

3. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    WOO-HOO I think I got this w/o the help of the mr.

answer: A Clockwork Orange from 1971

I liked your ?'s BW...what was the answer for the other?

Along your lines, here are a couple ?'s

1.) What favorite film role would David Prowse have liked to have played? (not SW)

2.) What other character in SW beside DV would David had liked to play?

3.) Which SW character was cast for the "8 IS ENOUGH" show? What happened with this person to prevent them from finishing the show?

4. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    This is not to answer Mrs. Jedi's questions (yet), but to note that the line Prowse spoke out loud during filming of the ESB climax was "Obi-Wan is your father." Prowse was guilty of leaking info, so they had to take precautions.

In an old magazine interview, Prowse claimed that as long as the lines he spoke were similar to the correct ones, the head motions of vader's mask would be correct. He said that one day, the line was "Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral, I want that ship." But Prowse said, "Hemorrhoids do not concern me, Admiral, I want to Sh_t." :)

5. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Here are the answers to 2 of Mrs. Jedi's questions:

1.) What favorite film role would David Prowse have liked to have played?

James Bond, 007

2.) What other character in SW beside DV would David had liked to play?

Han Solo

I have no idea about question number 3. Great question Mrs. J :)

6. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Since Mrs. J's other question is still out there I will only ask one question:

Who is Malakili?

7. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Hey, I know the answer to Mrs. '66's 3rd question! Mark Hamill played David in the pilot EP of 8 is enough. I'm a little unsure on the second half the question, but I know that it had something to do with the car accident he was in after filming ANH. If I remember correctly, he wanted out of the show but they wouldn't let him because of his contract or something, but then he got in that accident and they had to...or something...Is that right? Close enough??

My question:

In the original shots of the Cantina scene in ANH Han had a girlfriend. What was her name?

8. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I believe it was Bria Tharen?
    Correct me if I'm wrong.. :p

9. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    I'll answer Noble Kale's skipped question.

Malakili was the rancor keeper at Jabba's palace, who was heartbroken after his pet was killed by Luke in ROTJ. But following Jabba's death, he and Jabba's cook, Porcellus, opened the Crystal Moon restaurant in Mos Eisley.

OK, here is my question, though it has three parts:

1. What was 'Delta Source'?

2. Who used it as a major intelligence resource and to create the the impression of a traitor/spy in the midst of the Senate after the fall of Coruscant to the Rebel Alliance?

3. Who originally had it installed?

10. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Delta Source was a spy network that was developed by Palpatine to line the hallways in the main Imperial palaces on Coruscant. It was made up of listening leaves on the plant life lining the halls. Borsk Feyla used it to plot against lots of New Republic folk in the EU books.

Close enough?

If it is, here's a trivia:

The EU has made it out of books (comic and regular) a more than a few times. The wonderful world of action figures had an EU collection. Name the figures in it, and their source.

11. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    YEAH C-S-R!!! bravo! Good show!! and yes it was 'cause of the accident!!!

12. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    EU Figs:

Clone Emporer, Dark Luke, Leia Jedi, Imperial Sentinal from Dark Empire series.

Mara Jade, Space trooper, and Grand Admiral Thrawn from The Thrawn Triliogy

And Kyle Katarn and a Dark Trooper phase III from Dark Forces.

I looked so damn much and couldn't find any I know their names by heart.

My questions:

1 At Derra IV who was the Imperial Pilot that killed Commander Narra?

2. Who was the original owner of Boba Fett's suit of combat armor?

3. What Grand Admiral (theres only 12 to let you know) Was the only one to defect to the Alliance and retire?

13. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Chris-Stacina,
    the girl on Han's lap was known as "Jenny" according to call sheets mentioned in a SW insider article about the Episode IV rough cut. Footage of her smooching Han is found on the Behind The Magic CD-ROM.

I am not posting new questions - there are three just above already posted.

14. Big_Daddy_Payne

Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Alright, Corran... here's my answers to yer questions.

The Fett question, if I'm correct, the original owner was Jango's mentor, Jaster Mereel.

The Grand Admiral was... *thinks*.... Grand Admiral Grant?

The other question I have NO clue about.

So!

Here are two of my own...

1. Who was the last known apprentice of Jedi Knight Kit Fisto?

2. Anakin Solo and Tahiri Veila had a volatile young friend who wanted to be a Jedi despite having no real ability in the Force. What was his name?

15. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Kit took over the training of Bant.

The Jedi wannabe was Uldir Lochett, currently appearing in "Emmisary of the Void".

Let's go back to the old Brian Daley Han Solo novels.

1. (easy) What was the name of the gunman who outdrew Han Solo, and what was his daughter's name?

2. (harder) What was the real name of Han's outlaw tech friend "Doc", and who was his daughter?

16. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    The pilot DBP was none other than Baron Soontir Fel.

I got the first one BW

Gallandro was the gun man and I think his daughter was Anja?

second one I got no clue.

17. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Gallandro and Anja it is. You only have to answer one correctly, even when more than one is asked. So go ahead and ask your own.

BTW, Doc = Klaus Vandenganten, and his daughter = Jessa.

18. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    Okay,

1.Who was the only Y-wing pilot to survive the Battle of Yavin?

2. What happened at first and second battles of Ord Binnir?

19. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Keyan Farlander was the Y-wing pilot.

In the battles at Ord Biniir, first the Imperial 233rd was beaten by Y-Wings. Second, the good old Imperial 181st beat the Y-wings.

And now for something completely different.

1. What can you get a Wookiee for Christmas, when he already owns a comb? (I want the answer from the song on "Christmas in the Stars".)

2. What famous Rock Star sang on the "Christmas in the Stars" album?

20. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Wow, that was something completely different!

1. Let's give the furballs, love and understanding, and good will toward men.

2. I believe that is a very young Jon Bon Jovi-wasnt it mispelled to the effect of Bongiovi?

Ho ho ho!

Let me dig into semi obscurity- the old Droid cartoons!

1- What original trilogy characters find their way into the show?

2- What is the name of (an ans. to #1)'s racespeeder and what Ep-1 friendly name is the title of the race?

3- What other prequel "inspiration" was found in the series?

21. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Boba Fett, and, I think, IG-88 can be seen in the Droids show. Fett pilots the Silver Speeder in a Boonta Race. Another Ep. 2 place, the moons of Bogden, is mentioned in Droids. These crossovers are the work of Ben Burtt, who worked on both the films and Droids.

Here's another pair to choose from:

1. Beside Mace Windu, what other Star wars character, previously seen on movie screens, has the first name "Mace"?

2. What comics company published three "Star Wars" 3-D comics in the 1980's?

22. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Way to go Branden!

I got at least one:

Mace, apparently a popular Star Wars name, was also the first name of the "protagonist" of the first ewok movie, Mace Towani. His sister is shirley temple look alike Cindel. (he has to be in the sullen teen hall of fame)

I will guess that Marvel brought out the 3d comics!

Ok, since I got one- for sure- I'll post a follow up and let Branden comfirm/deny the 2nd one.

The game six degrees of separation can be played with star wars as well. What is the shortest line of characters (who are seen on the films in the same scenes at the same time) between Wedge Antilles and Senator Palpatine (not Sidious or Emp)?

23. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Star Wars in 3-D was published by Blackthorne. Reading them gave me a headache with those red and blue glasses.

Good luck to all on the new question above. I think I may have it down to two or three degrees. But I have to check. Do the characters have to be in the very same frame of film?

24. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'm gonna make this easy. R2 is the link.

He is seen on the landing platform in episode 1 with Sen. Palpy and with Wedge in the "operations" room in EP IV

if I'm wrong maybe I'm misreading the question. Because there are No other characters besides R2 from EP I and EP IV, that are the same, and were in scenes with wedge (this only makes sense)

LMK...

25. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Very well done, I was actually thinking of a 4 person link- Palpy to Yoda in AOTC, Yoda to Luke, Luke to Wedge in ROTJ. Very good job Sal!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.