Pittsburgh, PA Trivia Game

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master

star 2
    Please asketh thy next question, most honorable Master Sal, Knight of Collectibles...

...the rabble doth groweth impatient (that's me).
  2. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, here's he hard one:

Within 10, how many figures do I own?

Okay that's to hard huh! (try and guess anyway. Closest person will get a prize. Send me a PM and I'll leave this open until Wednesday Oct 9th then announce the winner Oct 10th.) You won't know the prize until then, so don't ask. (smiles and cackles devilishly)

Alright here's an easy one (and please let's try and have someone other than Brendon or Shewski answer this, I want to see more GROUP participation)

Q) (Two part) Who was the owner of the cantina in a new hope and what was his race?

Bonus Question:
    What became of Greedo's body?

Oh Yeah, Brendon that's Master of Collectibles not Knight. Ha ha
  3. Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Knight

star 2
    OK, I'll answer Master Sal's question.

Chalmun is the owner of the Mos Eisley Cantina, and he is a wookiee who's fur was beige and grey.

As for Greedo's body, I have no clue!

OK, my question, keeping with the topic:

What was the bartender's name at the Mos Eisley Cantina?
  4. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, so I participate on this Board, sheesh! :)

Maybe we can change the name of the board to the Brendan/Shewski Stump Each Other thread :)

Ok, Greedo was made into a yummy drink for Jabba the Hutt.

And... the bartender's name is Wuher!

As for a new question, I love keeping up with trends... another cantina question!

What character was removed from the Cantina, and what character took its place in ANH SE?
  5. BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master

star 2
    Lucas removed (*almost* completely) Lak Sivrak the wolfman. He was replaced with Ketwol, a CG creature whose head served as two aliens, one facing front and one facing backwards. Economical, like. Anybody think the action figure of Ketwol is...odd?? He has tiny hidden legs, but also fake pants and robot legs!

The new questions concern THX-1138. In several SW films, Lucas' first film is referenced in some small way.

Where are the THX-1138 references in :
    a) the novel of A New Hope
    b) the film Empire Strikes Back
    c) the film Phantom Menace

PS I honestly don't know of any references in ROTJ or AOTC. Does anyone here know of any?
  6. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    ANH: cell block 1138
    TPM: On the back of a battle droids "backpack"

ESB:can't remember so I'll give this opportunity to the next person who gets it a chance to answer the rest of the question.

(I have a headache and don't feel like thinking about the rest of the answer)
  7. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    I believe that Gen. Riekan mentions sending rogues 10 & 11 to station 38.

My turn? ok!

My favorite film of the saga thus far is empire. And one of my favorite characters is Lando. How did Lando end up on Cloud City (as baron-administratior) and what made this event unique?
  8. BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master

star 2
    I hope this answer suffices...Lando ended up playing a very high stakes Sabacc match on Cloud City against the unliked and incompetent Baron Raynor, as seen in SW Tales. Lobot and the rest of the denizens of the city raised a huge sum of money so that Lando would have the necessary stake to play for the Baron's title and the city itself. Lando proceeded to win. The story also featured Marvel SW comics character Drebble.

Here are some questions concerning Ben Burtt's sound effects for the original Star Wars film. Can anyone describe how the sounds for the following things in the movie were made, meaning, what real world sounds were used for them? How about we say that if you know two, that's good enough.

1. hum of a lightsaber
    2. Wookiee sounds
    3. TIE fighter flyby
    4. blaster shot
    5. R2-D2 sounds

9. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, lightsaber sounds were made from noises that interlock motors on old film projectors made- they made a humming sound.

Wookie sounds were made from a combination of bear, badger, camel, and walrus sounds.

TIE fighters' 'screams' were made from elephant sounds.

I don't know the other two.

Question time! ^_^
    Movies) How many sound effects does C3PO use in his retelling of the space adventures of Luke, Leia, Han & Chewie on Endor in ROTJ?

EU) Explain Corran Horn's ancestory, beginning with his grandfather.
  10. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    I know the blaster was the sound of Ben Burrt tapping on a guide wire of some sort. No clue about R2.

I'm gonna make a stab at both of these, but I am not sure, so I'll wait for confirmation before posting a new one.

I believe that 3po uses 3 noises. An explosion for the first death star, an AT AT noise, and then a Darth Vader breathing noise. Am I close?

Corrans real grandpa was a Jedi- forget his name, (halcyon?) who died, and the wife remarried grampa Horn, who begat Hal Horn who knew his wife and begat Corran.

Just getting a little Biblical with y'all =)
  11. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    That's right! Take it away!

(just feel happy that I could get into the trivia since I really, really stink at trivia. about anything.)
  12. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, thanks for the confirm, Saberpilot.

Ummm.... I'm going to have to go with some questions that have to do with those lovable ewoks!

1. What was the name of the ewok who rode the speeder bike on endor?
    2. What was the name of the ewok warrior (axe) in the ewok movies?
    3. What do you call a baby ewok?
  13. BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master

star 2
    Paploo, Chukha-Trok, Wokling.

Off to Jabba's Palace. Pick a question, any question.

1. What is the real name of Rappertunie?
    2. Who is the God of the Weequays, and what real life toy is the god based on?
    3. What's the name of Jabba's drummer with the really big drum?

14. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    **singing and skipping around the room** the Teddybears, the little Teddybears....... *would love to snuggle the lil'teddybears.....

oops Sorry guys, If you don't mind me interrupting your little diddy (Shew, BW?) :D

ahhem:

answers:
    1.) Paploo
    2.) Teebo
    3.) Wokling

Questions:

1.) What can Carrie wear for a costume to our little party?
    2.)What was the first really authentic SW costume my hubby ever had?

15. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Carrie, you and Brenden were both right (though Brenden beat you by a few minutes and got all of them right)

BUT

Since you both posted, someone try to answer em, as usual!
  16. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    oopps sorry BW - was typing and baby started fussing = took too long to post, besides - my ?'s are just for fun and trying to get ideas :D
  17. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    I think #1 is Rapotwanalantonee or something like that.

#2- no clue, but would like to know!

#3 akrev!

Let's stay in the palace. Name (or describe) every droid we see in Jabba's palace in the film. by my count there are 6, but I could be wrong (probably am) ;)
  18. BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master

star 2
    I have:

1. 8D8
    2. EV-9D9
    3. B'Omarr Monk spider droid
    4. C-3PO
    5. R2-D2
    6. power droid
    7. droid being pulled apart in EV-9D9's room
    8. main gate ball-on-stick droid

More at the Palace:
    Answer either to move on.

1. What's Jabba's one new line in ROTJ:SE?

2. What classic SF film gave ROTJ the creature names Klatuu, Barada, and Nikto?

optional challenge question: Quote any part of the English lyrics of "Lapti Nek".

By the way, Quay is the God of the Weequays, and that God seems to be based on the Magic 8 ball toy. See Tales from Jabba's palace book.
  19. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Quay! That's right! I totally forgot about stick droid! I miscounted, b/c I used the CCG as my basis for this question. The droids I had in mind were BJ-G38 (insectoid) Cz-4, r2, c3p0, 8D8, 9D9. I totally forgot about stick droid, gonk and pulled apart driod since they were not cards (I also didn't count Bomarr since they were aliens in the CCG)

Good job!
  20. corran_16201 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Master's first costume as far as I know was Darth Vader I think...
    And I liked your idea on the way home from the meeting.
  21. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    :D U never know ~ do you need a ride to the party tom?
  22. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, how's this:

1. I think it is "throw him in"

2. The day the earth stood still. The alien's first line is "Klatuu, Barada, Nikto"

3. My body feels excitin'
    My soul is sythisizin'
    My whole frame is jumpin'

I'm workin' out and havin' fun

Lapti Nek
    Gotta move your body, Gotta move your feet
    Lapti Nek
    Gotta move your feet as you walk the street
    Lapti Nek...

This is a different type of question...

Can anyone tell me which real-life words may be the inspiration for the following SW names/places?

1. Ackbar
    2. Endor
    3. Anakin
    4. Antillies
    5. Darth Vader
    6. Ephant Mon
    7. Mara
    8. Mon Calamari
    9. Ree Yees

23. BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master

star 2
    Oh, BRAVO! Shewski, you are a trivia GOD! You knew all the words to lapti nek in ENGLISH! (But jabba's line was "Do it again", meaning play Jedi Rocks again.)

I know I answer WAY too many of these. But how can I resist the question just posted? To make up for my obsessive behavior, I'll post a ridiculously easy question.

Here are the ones I can say something about their derivation:
    In the bible, a witch of Endor is mentioned.
    Also in the bible, the Anakim, similar to Anakin, are giants.
    The antilles are islands, I think.
    Darth Vader resembles "dark father" in dutch, but when the name was created in the old script drafts, Vader was an Imperial General, not a Sith or anyone's father, so there isn't any real connection. Vader may come from "invader".
    Ephant Mon is derived from Elephant Man.
    Mara comes from a root word meaning bitter in Hebrew.
    Calamari is squid in Italian food.
    Ree Yees came from Three Eyes.
    As for Ackbar...I dunno.

Let me add a favorite: Palpatine probably came from the roman word Palatine, the hill which had the seat of government in the Empire.

Here's my question:
    What is George Lucas' last name?
  24. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    I must humbly defer, I simply knew where to look on the net for Lapti, though I did remember the "chorus"

Ackbar, I think comes from the Arabic phrase, "Allah Ackbar", meaning, the Lord is victorious.

Very good job!
  25. BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master

star 2
    Well, it's four days later, and no one seems to know that George Lucas' last name is...

Lucas!

So since I stumped the room, I get to ask another question.

Lucas based his original 13-page story treatment for A New Hope on a film by Akira Kurosawa. What was the title of the film, and which character in A New Hope actually mentions most of the title in his dialogue?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.