main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Trivia Game

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lando_Da_Pimp

Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Akira Kurosawa film was "The Hidden Fortress" his nickname was the Emporer.

LDP

2. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    Cool, it was Hidden Fortress. I'll add that it was Motti who mentioned the "Rebel's Hidden Fortr--" then choked on Vader's Force.

Please ask your own question, LDP.

3. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002

I just had read that Hidden Fortress thing somewhere. I forget where. I suck at asking questions. better at answering them but here goes:

In Jedi, Vader was dispatched to put who back on schedule?

4. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    He said it to Admiral Piette (sp?) right? But he was talking about all the workers at the second death star. Right? Or is there some EU person/people/group he was specifically talking about?

Well if Im right, I am, but if not oh well. I got a question, just cause I'd like to know. In Empire, Han said "Well the bounty hunter on Ord Mantel changed my mind". Who is this bounty hunter? I just wanna know.

5. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Actually, I thought that Vader was directing his line to Moff Jerjjerod (sp?), the Imperial he speaks to at the beginning of the film.

The Bounty hunter on Ord Mantell, I think the Marvel comics labeled him as Skorr, but I could be wrong on that.

Ok, how about this:

There are many supposed bloopers in the five films. Name at least two of them!

6. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    There were several bounty hunters on ord mantell! Skorr, from the newspaper strips by Goodwin, another hunter in Marvel comics right before ESB, and yet another on a star wars record album adventure. That one film reference was interpreted by several different EU stories, back before they kept a closer watch on continuity.

Bloopers!

Here's a few off the top of my head:

1. Coming into the hangar control room on the Death Star, a stormtrooper bumps his head on the door. In AOTC, Jango Fett bumps his head on Slave I, proving that genetics hold true.

2. After the battle of Yavin, Luke shouts out "Carrie!" to the Princess, though Mark has maintained he said "Heeey!"

3. Before falling into the Rancor pit, Oola's boob pops out of her costume.

My question is...keep them coming. Name at least 2 more bloopers from the films.

7. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm gonna wait to see if anyone names my favorite blooper!

8. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Well this never made it to film but Carrie Fisher boobs were popping out all the time when she was in the slave costume. It apparently was so regular that the crew eventually got used to it and someone, possibly the director would say before takes, "you alright, boobs in place?" Actually he used a different word to describe them but I am keeping it clean here.

Okay so what of the other bloopers?

9. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002
    Darth Vader was dispatched to put Moff Jerjerrod back on schedule.

10. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    No one has gotten my blooper yet ;)

11. JediJasen

Apr 15, 2002
    I got one. In Empire, after Luke kicks off Vader from the platform, he jumps down, you hear him hit a trampoline and Luke's head pops back on screen hehe. How'd they ever miss this?

Not sure this is a blooper, but its certainly a sound effect gone wrong. At the scene where Luke and Leia are at that bridge, he gives her the blaster. The first shots are fine, but then theres 3 or 4 blasts that sound more like a pistol then a the regular sound.

12. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Here's 3 more...

1. At the Endor Bunker, Han grabs Leia's boob quite firmly, perhaps wanting to do that before he died.

2. In ANH, Vader's real eyes can be seen through his mask eye holes in several scenes.

3. I guess part of palpatine's face was showing without makeup, so they had to put in black blobs to cover it up. This ends up more distracting than the mistake would have been, IMO.

What droid-related blooper is created in ANH:SE when only a partial Biggs/Luke/Red Leader scene is restored to the film (the scene has clipped out the dialogue mentioning Luke's pilot father)?

13. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    The major blooper in Star Wars is in the celebration scene back on Yavin 4 after the Death Star is destroyed. When Leia greets Luke, she yells "Luke!" and in reply Luke says "Carrie!" instead of Leia, meaning Carrie Fisher the actresss. :D

14. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Hello! I said that one. Geeeeez, Louise.

:)

15. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    The endor "copping a feel" is my favorite blooper! Yay, Branden!

16. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Luke Skywalker has had lousy luck at winning and keeping girlfriends, at least until mara jade.

What were the reasons things didn't work out between Luke and the following women?
    1. Leia Organa
    2. Gaerial Captison
    3. Jem
    4. Callista
    5. Shira Ellan Colla Brie

bonus:
    1. S'ybll

17. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    Sorry, I missed that you had covered that one Brendan. My appologies.

18. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
  19. JediJasen

Apr 15, 2002
    Dang Luke had that many girls??? He's a pimp! An intergalactic Jedi Pimp! He needs a big white hat and a pink robe.

20. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I can give you the reasons for 3!
    Leia- she's his sister.
    Gariel Capson- her religious beliefs and being nominated to be the head of her government- her religion was against too much power in one person
    Castilla- she lost her force abilities, then only was able to use the dark side when she regained them.

21. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Great, Saberpilot. Three is good enough for me. Ask your own question(s) now...

BTW, Jem, from Dark Empire II, died soon after kissing Luke. Shira was the Imperial spy from marvel comics who seemed to love Luke, but ended up becoming the Dark lady, Lumiya. S'ybll was from the newspaper strips, and she turned out to be a mind witch. And the list doesn't end there. Luke really had the most rotten luck with women until Mara, and even she wanted to kill him at first.

22. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Okay, okay, okay! ^_^
    YAY! I actually got one! ^_^

Questions from the Saberpilot:
    1. What is special about Corran Horn's handmade lightsaber?
    2. In Episode II, there is one thing (well, many, but this one is.. touching, hint) that was originally in the sequence of Yoda/Dooku that was cut out. What was it?

23. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    If I recall correctly, Corran's saber can have two blade lengths. And in AOTC, there was a part where Yoda was atop Dooku's head about to stab him there. But the moment was cut, along with a part where Dooku fought with two sabers.

This week the trivia could have a scary theme, screams, masks, scary parts of the movies, etc., if people want it to.

1. In TESB special edition, in what scene was a huge scream added to the movie that wasn't in the original?

2. In Galaxy of Fear, a book series, who is the evil scientist behind Project Starscream?

24. DarthDiscordia

DarthDiscordia Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2002
    I believe the added scream was Luke, falling down after the battle with Lord Vader.

What was the name of the Dark Jedi, freed by the Jedi Padawan Aayla on the prison planet Kiffex?

25. BrendonWahlberg

Nov 14, 2001
    Volfe Karkko.

Personally, I like the comics about Quinlan Vos and his apprentice a lot.

On with the Halloween theme questions - answer one successfully and ask your own.

1. Who was the evil scientist behind Project Starscream?
    2. What evil being did Threepio, Plif the Hoojib, Artoo, and Chewie meet in the underground caverns of Arbra?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.