main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Trivia Night 4/5/06 - Organising thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Katana_Geldar, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    It was mentioned last meeting that we're going to have a trivia night (not just trivia pursuit night) for Sw day on the 4th of May.

Here are some thing we need to consider:

First and foremost how the night will be run, such as how many rounds and how points are done.

I've helped run a trivia night before and it's normally done in rounds and teams. Questions are read out for the round (lets say 10) and the teams work on the answer goether. In the end of the round the answer is read out and the number of points is given to the adjudicators. Alternately the adjudicators can have a master sheet of all the answers but this makes more work for them.
    Between rounds a game is played for bonus points while the scores are updated. When the game is over the next round begins.

So how are we going do this? Are we going to have categories? Are we going to have visual and aural questions?

And what about prizes? How are we going to make it so each team member benefits? How many a team?

And most importantly, who's going to MC the night and who will do the thankless job of adjudicating?

There is also the thing about promotions.

Lock per request

2. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    I think there should be a mix of oral and visual questions. There should be about three people per team.

I'll be happy to help out on the night - either be MC of be on the judging pannel.

As far as prizes are concerned. I think we should discuss that with the other members in the meeting on the 29th.

3. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    umm...where is this going to be held????

on campus?

4. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Paige said we can hold it at the maritime college, there's a room there that we can use free of charge.

5. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    ooohhhh free

I like free

6. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Here are the details for the Trivia night.

Date: 4/5/06

Time: 7pm-9pm

Place: Seafarer's Lounge, Maritime College

Cost: $5 a head, $20 for a team booked ahead of time. There is a maximum of 6 per team.

Setup: There will be 8 rounds of ten questions each. Viceroy will be MC, and I'll have some help doing the score counts.
    Between rounds while the scores are tallied there will be games for bonus points.

There is also a costume contest with bonus points for the team and a prize for the best costume.

For booking please e-mail fftas@fanforce.net. We need to know pre-booked teams by 3rd May, 5pm so we can establish numbers.

Food is BYO

7. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Did you require assistance with the questions ?

I'm over qualified for that part.

8. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    If you could help that would be great.

Could you PM me about 20? We some some ships and tech questions.

They can't be too hard ot too easy.

9. darthpaige

darthpaige Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2006
    Seafarers is available, as long as we don't make too much noise and don't expect to be able to use the boys' toilets, as they have been vandalised. but other than that, it's all good! sorry about taking so long to get back to you, it took a while for the reply to get to me.

10. JawaPro

JawaPro Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    Ok ok - so I'm late,

but the projector is avaliable for $20 a day if you want it. I THINK that means $20 overnight. I can pick it up on Thurs and return it on Friday, so that's ok.

Let me know if you still want it though.

Sorry I'm lazy and didnt get an answer sooner.

I hope my team will still make it - they seem to be deserting me in droves...

11. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Everyone is and we've had no e-mails. For this reason We decided to cancel the trivia night.

Thanbks to everyone who has helped and sorry for the short notice. The boards and the e-mail address have been playing up again.

Good luck in exams everyone and MTBWYA.

BTW, happy SW day.

12. JawaPro

JawaPro Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    It's off!!!??!!!

And I had just managed to get a team together... :_|

Now I'll have to let them all know.

Thanks for trying though guys - it would have been fun.

I was getting suspicious that it might go the way of the dodo when no one was posting on the boards.

13. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I know it would have been fun, but these things can't be helped.

You know what they say, Sith happens.

14. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Yes...I do. [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.