main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Tron: Legacy] - Blurring the Lines (Fifty Sentence Challenge) February Table III Up 2/13/11

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by RX_Sith, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Author: RX_Sith
    Title: Blurring the Lines
    Characters: Sam Flynn, Kevin Flynn, CLU, Quorra, Tron
    Timeframe: Before, During, and After Tron: Legacy.
    Summary: Each sentence will discuss a different part of Sam Flynn, Kevin Flynn, CLU, Quorra and Tron.
    Notes: Written for the January Fifty Sentence Challenge. This story will eventually cover all four of the January sets.

Table I: there was once a boy who lived . . .

[b]1. Bewitched[/b]

Kevin Flynn stood in bewitched terror as his program CLU now turned against him and had taken over the grid that he had created.

[b]2. Bravery[/b]

Tell a child who had not seen his father in over twenty years the meaning of bravery.

[b]3. Charm[/b]

Kevin Flynn's charms had worked wonders in the real world, but on the grid he was no longer the master.

[b]4. Intellectual[/b]

Sam Flynn was intellectually as gifted as his father; even more so considering that Alan was more of a father figure to him.

[b]5. Cooky[/b]

Kevin Flynn had many cooky ideas, but when he saw the ISO's bursting with life on the grid that even amazed him in wonderment.

[b]6. Filthy[/b]

Sam Flynn's current home was filthy and he liked that rustic feel to it.

[b]7. Family[/b]

Sam Flynn never knew the meaning of family; it had been torn from him a long time ago.

[b]8. Sense[/b]

It was a very odd feeling to Kevin Flynn that he could not sense CLU's betrayal of him.

[b]9. Rubbish[/b]

The idea that he couldn't control ENCOM as majority owner of the company was rubbish to Sam Flynn, so he broke in annually instead.

[b]10. Wart[/b]

Kevin Flynn had become a wart to CLU and he along with the ISO's was something that had to be destroyed to restore perfection to the grid.

[b]11. House[/b]

Kevin Flynn made a house on the grid where he could hide from CLU and nurture the only remaining ISO, Quorra.

[b]12. Diary[/b]

Kevin Flynn had told Quorra to make a diary of her life as the last remaining ISO.

[b]13. Wand[/b]

Quorra had always been fascinated by magician's and their wands.

[b]14. Alchemy[/b]

Alchemy wasn't going to save Kevin Flynn; he had seen his ultimate wisdom reduced to only hiding, waiting, and reading.

[b]15. Dotting[/b]

Dotting I's and crossing T's was something that perplexed Quorra in her understanding of humans.

[b]16. Color[/b]

Color was many shades of gray in the outside world, but on the grid only one mattered the most and Kevin realized that CLU was now determined to color it his way.

[b]17. Magical[/b]

ISO's were magical self-produced programs that carried the potential to unlock mysteries in science, religion, and medicine Kevin Flynn told himself as he witnessed their miracle of life on the grid.

[b]18. Studious[/b]

Sam Flynn had hardly been a studious student growing up, but he still managed to be a thorn in ENCOM's side during his annual break-ins.

[b]19. Haughty[/b]

CLU maintained a haughty atmosphere as the Master of the Grid.

[b]20. Copy[/b]

Kevin Flynn thought that he had created the perfect copy of himself with CLU (Codified Likeness Utility); a program that he designed to be "the perfect system," taking his User's burden of running the Grid as his own.

[b]21. Voodoo[/b]

Tron had become like a voodoo doll when CLU reprogrammed him as Rinzler.

[b]22. Broom[/b]

Sam Flynn never would use a broom to sweep up the mess in his home let alone his life.

[b]23. Prophesy[/b]

Prophesies weren't going to help Kevin Flynn get back to the real world once CLU closed the portal.

[b]24. Spirit[/b]

Tron's spirit still survived after being changed to Rinzler; upon seeing Sam's blood it finally started to reappear.

[b]25. Misstep[/b]

One misstep on the light rings that surrounded him during the disc battle and Sam Flynn would fall to his death.

[b]26. Connection[/b]

Once Sam Flynn had discovered the connection between the terminal in Flynn's Arcade and the whereabouts of his father, he knew that he had to find him.

[b]27. Sport[/b]

Sports on the grid were ones that resulted in t

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I know absolutely nothing about Tron (aside from what I saw in the recent film's trailer :p ), but I'm giving this a whirl anyway. :)

I think my very favourite one was "Bravery" - very poignant the way it's written. And while I couldn't quite grasp everything going on behind the sentences (because I'm unfamiliar with the fandom), I really got a good sense of the characters, which was lovely. :)

Nice job!

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, these were fun. [face_love]

I haven't seen the new film yet, so I couldn't give you anything more in depth than that - but I am supposed to see the movie sometime within the next few weeks - I will definitely come back with my more articulate thoughts once I do. [:D]

~MJ @};-

4. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Idrelle_Miocovani: Thanks for giving this a whirl. :) I hope that you get to see the movie soon. :D

Mira_Jade: Thank you. @};- Hopefully, you'll get time to see the movie as well. ;)

Here is the second set:

[b]Table II: as we chased the stars from their black, black sky[/b]

[b]1. Venture[/b]

The venture that Sam had embarked on to find out the truth about his father's disappearance started when Alan gave him the keys to Flynn's arcade after receiving a page.

[b]2. Gravity[/b]

Gravity, amazingly, was something that Sam realized still existed within the grid as he rubbed his shoulders from the fall towards the top of the gaming chamber.

[b]3. Try[/b]

There was no such thing as trying within the gaming arena; only winning allowed Sam to continue to survive.

[b]4. Disarm[/b]

Trying to disarm his combatants from their light discs was the only way that Sam could prevail against his adversaries.

[b]5. Crisis[/b]

The ISO's faced a crisis when CLU started to purge their infestation from the grid that he was now in control of.

[b]6. Worth[/b]

A life's worth of books Quorra had read inside of Kevin Flynn's safehouse.

[b]7. Cheat[/b]

Sam Flynn had cheated to break into ENCOM; but it was an annual prank that he made sure to let those in charge know that he was still around.

[b]8. Jealousy[/b]

CLU has become jealous of Kevin Flynn and because of this jealousy he took over the grid from his creator.

[b]9. Wingman[/b]

Sam Flynn had to convince his wingman to work together on the light cycle grid for them to overcome their evil targets.

[b]10. Trek[/b]

The trek that Kevin Flynn had to embark on to set up his safehouse was one of desperation and of knowing that he couldn't win against CLU.

[b]11. Patience[/b]

Patience was a necessity for Kevin Flynn now; he could not defeat CLU by himself any longer.

[b]12. Stunt[/b]

The stunt that Sam had used to jump off of the ENCOM platform he repeated when he disembarked from CLU's vessel.

[b]13. Bandage[/b]

No bandage was going to restore Quorra's derezzed arm as Sam and Kevin scooper her up into their arms to escape from the End of Line Club.

[b]14. Quirk[/b]

The ISO's were a quirk in the grid that Kevin Flynn was marveled to see happen.

[b]15. Clasp[/b]

Sam undid Quorra's clasps as he rescued her from CLU's henchmen.

[b]16. Half[/b]

Kevin Flynn spent more than half of his lifetime within the grid that he created.

[b]17. Flirt[/b]

Sam Flynn didn't know if Quorra was flirting with him or not when they were at Kevin Flynn's safehouse.

[b]18. Celestial[/b]

Celestial beings were what the ISO's were to Kevin Flynn; life created from the unknown and they were the miracle.

[b]19. Respect[/b]

Kevin Flynn no longer respected himself as he had turned to hiding from CLU in his safehouse.

[b]20. Distraction[/b]

Quorra was becoming a unique distraction to Sam Flynn as he grew closer to her.

[b]21. Collision[/b]

The collisions on the light grid on the gaming arena caused the evil light cycles to derezz as one by one Sam Flynn combated them.

[b]22. Logic[/b]

Quorra's aggressive strategy in Othello had not caused her to win against Kevin Flynn's logical approach.

[b]23. Burden[/b]

Kevin Flynn no longer wanted to be a burden to Sam; so he refused to go to the portal and return home with him.

[b]24. Barter[/b]

Castor now had the barter he needed as he held Kevin Flynn's disc in his hands.

[b]25. Quintessence[/b]

The ISO's were a quintessential form of life that Kevin Flynn realized could help mankind.

[b]26. Nostalgia[/b]

The nostalgic light cycle that Quorra showed Sam Flynn had reminded him of the Ducati he had restored that Kevin Flynn used to ride.

[b]27. Officer[/b]

The officer's that CLU had under him served obediently otherwise they faced immediate derezzolution.

[b]28. Commission[/b]

ENCOM's commission of board members included Dillinger's son, Edward Jr.

[b]29. Maverick[/b]

Alan Bradley had become the maverick of ENCOM when Kevin Flynn disappeared.

[b]30. Trail[/b]

The trail from the light cycle woul

5. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    I am going to post these as something that accepts the secondary challenge of , "I dare someone to tackle Table III with something atrociously dark and dreary, with not a mushy sentence in sight."

[b]Table III: be mine, my funny Valentine[/b]

[b]01. Miracle[/b]

The ISO's were a miracle that CLU saw as a virus that had to be eliminated from the grid.

[b]02. Dearly[/b]

Kevin Flynn dearly wanted to depart from the grid, but due to CLU's intervention that would not ever be possible without help from the outside world.

[b]03. Push[/b]

CLU pushed as hard as he could to extinguish the ISO's from contaminating his perfect grid.

[b]04. Between[/b]

There was no space between CLU and a rival program as they raced the grid.

[b]05. Knowing[/b]

Knowing all that he did, CLU realized that his purpose was to destroy Kevin Flynn and take over his world.

[b]06. Coax[/b]

Once CLU was subverted with his obsession to terminate the ISO's, there was no way that Kevin Flynn was going to be able to coax him back to his side.

[b]07. Unlikely[/b]

CLU was unlikely to accept Zuse's offer, so he blew up the End of Line Club with Zuse and his minions still inside of it.

[b]08. Flatter[/b]

Flattery wasn't going to change CLU's demeanor; he was pure evil; an evil that would destroy everything that stood in his way.

[b]09. Court[/b]

The court system wasn't going to change Sam Flynn's view towards ENCOM as a corporation that he despised despite the fact that he had majority ownership of the company.

[b]10. Worthy[/b]

Kevin Flynn was no longer worthy of being in CLU's plans once he gained control of the grid.

[b]11. Hesitant[/b]

At first, Sam Flynn was hesitant to play the disc war games against his opponents, but once his adversary launched his disc, Sam knew that he had to win no matter what.

[b]12. Yield[/b]

Whatever purpose the grid would yield in the real world became irrelevant once CLU took over control of it.

[b]13. Remember[/b]

CLU had remembered Kevin Flynn's promise to build the perfect grid, and he was going to achieve it without his creator's imperfections.

[b]14. Familiarity[/b]

The familiarity between CLU and his father had caused Sam Flynn to call CLU his father upon first seeing him, and that was a mistake that CLU was going to take advantage of.

[b]15. Opposites[/b]

CLU and Kevin Flynn had become opposites; CLU was now the new creator on the grid, while Kevin Flynn was an exile.

[b]16. Tokens[/b]

The tokens required to play the arcade machines in Kevin Flynn's arcade were no longer able to make the machines work as Sam Flynn realized when the token hit the concrete surface.

[b]17. Evoke[/b]

As the young Sam Flynn stared outside of his grandparents window, he would try to evoke the memory of his father that seemed to dissipate as each day passed without him returning.

[b]18. Ananke[/b]

Destiny and fate were no longer of consequence to Kevin Flynn as he was now imprisoned within the grid that he had created.

[b]19. Temptation[/b]

The temptation to rule the grid as its supreme leader corrupted CLU and he relished in his next opportunity to corrupt the real world.

[b]20. Realization[/b]

Once Kevin Flynn realized that CLU had turned against him, he knew that he would have to never come back to the main grid again.

[b]21. Letters[/b]

Kevin Flynn had no chance to send any letters inside of the grid to his son Sam, and he openly wept each night that passed as he now lived in the frontier.

[b]22. Accept[/b]

Kevin Flynn had long ago accepted his fate of living in the frontier once CLU turned against him.

[b]23. Fervid[/b]

The crowd on the grid booed at Sam with a fervid disparity for CLU's opponent.

[b]24. Awake[/b]

Once CLU was programmed and awakened by Kevin Flynn, he smiled at his creator knowing that he would be his subject soon.

[b]25. Shine[/b]

The portal no longer shined as CLU had terminated the I/O tower.

[b]26. Blush[/b]

Quorra would never blush in front of either Kevin Flynn nor his son, Sam.

[b]27. Avid[/b]

Quorra had become an avid reader out of necessity to furthe

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I adore how many fine souls are taking that no-mush challenge and are running with it. [face_love]

You certainly did a wonderful job with it. ;) The whole of these felt heavy and burdened, and were deliciously dreary to read. =D=

~MJ @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.