main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq TROOPING AT THE ISOTOPES Working with Director......

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Bloodclaw65, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    That's awesome, Roman!

Womack, don't be so negative, dude. Trooping at a game would be no different from trooping anywhere else. Maybe you wouldn't understand since you don't costume.

Hey, did you know that the 501st helped out the Raider Nation last year at an NFL game? I don't think they were looking at recruiting there either.

2. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Go Raiders!!!!!!!! yeah!!

3. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    I don't know what some people expect. Why post if we are not getting involved with the group and how the group is heading down the road. I didn't speak much up on the group, I did a little at the Carlise store but again most of us were pretty tired and then trooping on Sat did me in. Can't we all just get along......

And no the raiders SUCK, go BRONCOS.

4. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    bah, both of them suck... go STEELERS!!

unfortunatly in groups not everyone can get along. Even in our infantsey we have had some major blowouts - sorry guys.

5. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    They must obey me, I am the Dark Lord of the Sith, and if it is not my way, they will be crushed.

6. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    Real Dark Lords wear silver and black, not orange and blue, Yuck!

7. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    yeah and they kill you if you show up in their home and wear the colours of the other team... yea it actually happened.

8. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    touche..... I am in cognito that way looking for a new aprentice.

9. WomackD

WomackD Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2003
    How am I being negative? My point is that I don't understand the relevance of trooping at a baseball game with nothing to promote.

Maybe my defintion of trooping is different. If it's a group get together to watch a game, that's cool and tonight would be a great night for it since Mark Prior is in town pitching for the Iowa Cubs.

If it's a time to get together and costume, then I don't get it.

Oh, and please.. Let's not equate the Raider Nation with the Isotopes.

Finally, I like how I raise an issue about recruiting (or lack there of) and all I hear is the excuse about being tired or sleepy... Give me a break.. Again, my point is that many were saying that the toy release was a great time to recruit, and yet from what I saw it didnt happen at the three different locations I was at, and many of you were at too.

10. ZUBBZERO77

ZUBBZERO77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Yeah, we should all get along. I like the idea of trooping the Isotepe games once in a while, maybe we can get some sort of recognition on TV or Radio informing the public that "Star Wars" will be there on certain game nights to have pictures taken. And in that possibility, recruting can be done, if the time permits. But we should be out there for FUN!!!!!

And stop fighting, fighting lead to anger, anger lead to pain, pain leads to suffering, suffering leads to the DARK SIDE....OH, wait....we already work for the Dark Side....never mind.

ps. the Steelers suck, the Broncos suck, and the Raiders suck...the one and only best team..........the DALLAS COWBOYS........YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

11. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    lets see 8 people and how many locations in town to recruit at? they can't be on all the time... it can be very tiring after awhile and give you a break?!

Give these guys a break, Womack - they work their butts off out there all the time trooping and recruiting for Mos Alba.

Even though they won't be saying Join Mos Alba they will still be out their promoting mos alba when ever they are in their gear... its called advertising.

12. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    ps. the Steelers suck, the Broncos suck, and the Raiders suck...the one and only best team..........the DALLAS COWBOYS........YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

the cowboys are a bunch of pansies...

13. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    The whole bit of it, is that some of us were out there in costume talking to people all day long when we could have been there in our regulars clothes and just got the toys and gone home, but we didn't we made the effort, from 9 pm april 1 to 4pm april 2, so forgive us if we said we were tired, maybe it's cause we were actually doing something.
    PS, I missed out on some toys I wanted cause I was busy playing with the kids at wal mart in the morning, but you know what, it was worth it.

Cowboys? please....

14. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    by the way, if we had more people willing to play dress up then we would be able to be in more places recruiting...

and I should be talking...

another question - is it possible to do this in conjunction with maybe another organization? like CMN or Special Olympics?

15. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Well, I for one applaud all of you who stayed up too late or got up too early to make it to these events. Just your dedication to showing up and either in costume or not...and being there to support your fellow members is what this club is about!!!!!

You all did a great job of promoting MosAlba and showing people that we have fun doing what we do which ultimately is the point of being in a Star Wars fan club, in my opinion.

=D=

16. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Here Here again! (still lifting a pint! :D )

17. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Dude..it's barely noon! Slow down there and save some for the rest of us!

18. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    You had your chance last Friday night [face_not_talking] Hmmmpf

19. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    yeah..yeah. [face_talk_hand]

Although I didn't hear where you guys ended up that night....so there! :p

20. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Chile's in Los Lunas! :p

21. WomackD

WomackD Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2003
    >>>>You all did a great job of promoting MosAlba and showing people that we have fun doing what we do which ultimately is the point of being in a Star Wars fan club, in my opinion.>>>>

..I bet most of the people who attended the Walmart Tent events didn't even know that those "trooping" had anything to do with a FanForce Club/Mos Alba but were rather just a part of that Walmart event itself.

Where were the flyers that people were talking about handing out to promote Mos Alba?

My point from the beginning has been, that the opportunity for a huge increase in interest in Mos Alba was lost because people were NOT talking to others (some small exceptions) or passing out flyers. Flame me all you want, but facts are facts, and no amount of excuses is going to change it.

Why don't you just accept the idea that an "outsider" (unbiased) to the group is going to have a different and some times more accurate assessment on how you did as a group.

22. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Considering you occasionally post here, I wouldn't necessarily consider you unbiased.

23. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    and considering you only went to 3 stores and not to any of the actual events I would say you have an accurate account of what happened...

I could say more but its not worth the energy

24. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    OK Poney Boy (Outsider's reference).....here is what it comes down to...we are a group of fans who have had the opportunity to get to know one another and have developed friendships that go beyond the Star Wars interests. Now you have not once tried to get involved in this once....unless you count the one time when you said you had some Unleashed figures for trade (which you never responded on when I sent you a PM on)and if no one was interested you were going to scalp them on EBAY. Now I am not sure why you have such a negative view of our group...but when you start putting down myself....no big deal....but when you do that to my friends....well...that ticks me off! The people in this group are dedicated to the community by doing charity events and work hard to be succesful in these ventures. We are really not about recruiting as much as we are for helping a good cause and have fun in meeting new people....some of the people we have met are now the most active people in this group. So....I guess what I am saying is "Crap or get off the pot!"

25. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    Well Said Gecko. =D=

It's very easy to critique something you're not willing to be a part of. It's a lot harder to be part of it and fix it. I have no excuses and neither does anyone of us that attended, we did our part, so if we missed all you toy horder's that log on to the boards to see were they can get toys to sell on ebay for a jacked up price than so be it.

As far as opinions in the groups, we are always willing to accept them from each other, but when they hold some value, rationality and are constructive.
    For example: gecko told me I looked like hell the morning of april 2nd. Fact, not opinion, and may I add that due to that comment Gecko will not be getting a CIII vader from me! lol [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.