main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Trooping at the Isotopes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    It is interesting to me that you get in the same arguement over and over. Do you assume that the adults that join Mos Alba and Rebel Legion aren't intelligent enough or conscientious enough to know what the guidelines are? I personally think that spouting off rules and regulations intended to protect the "honor" of Mos Alba or Rebel Legion or whatever other club designed just for enjoyment is disrespectful. Even with the rebuttal you gave it is full of disrespect. It would be more beneficial for the group to speak to people directly or keep your opinions to yourself.

2. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Looks like I need to lock this thread, too...

BUT FIRST:

Deb, Lor, please breathe. In ... Out ... In ... Out ...

Okay, good.

I explained what is expected of Mos Alba members while doing this event while representing Mos Alba in official capacity.

Lor explained the regulations as stipulated by the Rebel Legion.

Nobody has stated what the regulations as stipulated by the 501st.

I could have stated all three. But as seeing as how we are unaware of any body that belongs to the two costuming groups that does NOT belong to Mos Alba, and Mos Alba's charter is explicit in this case, it pretty much "supercedes" the behavior as stated by the other two organizations.

Mos Alba is not a costuming group, yes. But we are all part of Mos Alba. When we do public events, we've got this awesome banner that was given to us hanging for everyone to see. When we dress in costume, regardless of RL or 501st, you are still a Mos Alba-in (Mos Albanite? Mos Albanian?). More importantly, when you dress in costume, people see you as someone from Star Wars. Especially kids. How cool would it be for some parent to have their kid idolize a Rebel Pilot, Jedi, or Stormtrooper chugging down a beer? Yeah, not cool. Thus the point of our rules and other organization's rules.

That said, this event is non-existent. Nothing has been arranged. The question was asked by Dave, probably, tongue-in-cheek.

So finally, thread locked. Dammit people, stop making me do this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.