Trooping at Toys R Us

Discussion in 'Albuquerque, NM' started by nmfiredawg, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmfiredawg Force Ghost

star 3
    Today while picking up my awesome Anakin dress up doll, and special yoda I ran into Jordan again at the Toys R Us by Winrock. He asked me when we would be interested in coming to troop there. I told him we would be interested for charity and fun. He went and got his Service Director James who handles special events for his store. He says in the last few years they have really changed their ways about charity and would love to have us come in. There are a couple of questions I could not answer for him, and need the help from the masters. He also will get with the regional guy to make sure things are done proper.

So here it is

First he wants us to troop on the 1st of May. Don't know the time. But he wanted us there before the movie release.

Second about the charity. Are we a non-profit org? I told him that I didn't think we were and did things for other charities. He stated that to be able to for the store to donate to a charity "I.e. CMN a member would of that organization would have to be there to get the donation" (Too many past problems with organizations not giving to the charity.

Third if we are doing it for CMN (Which I suggested to him) Don't know about the photograph issue. Is there a way that a member of or group can bring in a camera and printer and such to make them?

He says he has a place for us to change which will be large enough for us. So who is in?

P.S. I mentioned some other names to him for more information. You will be getting a PM with his contact info. He wanted to see pictures and I gave hin TK166 photos since I can't remember ours.

WE NEED BUSINESS CARDS.

I think this will be a great step for us and they really want it.
  2. Jerahl Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey.. I'll show'em the web site and everything since I work there. I didn't know they wanted to do anything like this! I can start getting some info on this as soon as possible
  3. nmfiredawg Force Ghost

star 3
    Cool Jordan mentioned you the other week, but I didn't know if you had joined yet. Any inside help for them is great. I know Jordan knows what kind of uniforms we have, but james hasn't seen them yet.
  4. nmfiredawg Force Ghost

star 3
    So if it goes who is going to be able to attend?
  5. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    Great news!

A non-profit organization includes a club, society or association organized and operated solely for social welfare, civic improvement, pleasure or recreation, or for any other purpose except for profit, no part of the income of which is payable to, or is otherwise available for the personal benefit of, any proprietor, member or shareholder.

So yes, that is us. As far as collecting donations, it usually is better if the sponsor (i.e Toys R Us) handles it - but whatever they are comfortable with. And as far as the photos, we have done polaroids in the past, but they are kind or pricey, but the easiest. The alternative is to have digital cameras that we can plug into a printer, but I don't know anyone who has one of those nifty-new-fangled 'dern devices.

I would be in for that day - it sounds like a great opportunity!!!! I'll talk to Bob when we're standing in one of the gazillion lines at Indy :)

When do we need to let him know by?

PS. We do have business cards...but we are running low - probably need another run or so (Lor?)
  6. nmfiredawg Force Ghost

star 3
    Ok I think a good thing to do for the non-profit it to look at getting the id for it, would help out a lot. Here is the web page check list for the state http://www.ago.state.nm.us/divs/cons/charities/checklist.htm and http://www.ago.state.nm.us/divs/cons/charities/formingnp.htm

Jerahl is talking with James, he needs to talk with the head guy to confirm it. Pm's Bob and let him know to call James too.

The printer thing can be worked out. and my camcorder can take descent pics too on a card. I think up to 3megapixel. I know other people out there have cameras. Tara can do the photographs, as long as Luke (Aka AJ) behaives.
  7. stromtrooper1982 Jedi Knight

star 1
    If its before 2pm hints i have to work, I can bring a laptop printer and a d camera if i can snag it from my parents place. but let me know. if you need to contact me gecko and jason have my number or atleast know how to get ahold of me.
  8. nmfiredawg Force Ghost

star 3
    I think we are pretty flexible on the time frame. We can do 3 to 5 if that works for everyone.
  9. Fett-BobaFett Jedi Knight

star 1
    Did you say which Toys R Us? Winrock or Cottonwood?
  10. nmfiredawg Force Ghost

star 3
  11. nmfiredawg Force Ghost

star 3
    Gentleman and ladies I got the printer, it takes different memory cards to print, so we just need a couple of cameras.

Still haven't heard from TRU yet though.
  12. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    ....I have a question.....what is the reason behind this TRU trooping event? Is there some sort of Promo going on for that day?
  13. Jerahl Jedi Knight

star 2
    No I don't beleive so... Scott got things started.. I think that they just want to do something fun. I heard something about a charity... But I'm not so solid on the details yet
  14. nmfiredawg Force Ghost

star 3
    yeah it is just for fun, and try to do some pics for donations. They want something before the premier. Will try and call him tonight
  15. nmfiredawg Force Ghost

star 3
    Ok Talked to James today and its a go for Sunday between 1500 (3 pm) and 1700 (5 pm. A couple of things I need for him.

Told him that would would except donations for CMN and I need a contact person for that to make sure that that money is going there.

Need to know how many people are planning on trooping, we will need to sign a consent form (Thank its liability not holding TRU responsible, or for name sake)

Bob or Wook can you call him to answer any other questions I can't he will be there tomorrow night, wednesday day, and Friday.

Things we need for the day.

Camera's,, I am supplying the printer, 4X6 photograph paper, and Cards to place the photos on (They will have the 501st, Mos Alba, and Dewback Ridge on them with Albuquerque Star Wars Club on it for memory sake. Need a big jar with donation sign on it for CMN, Need flyers and anything else you guys/gals can think of.

So pleasssssse get back with me so I can tell him who is going.

Thanks
    Lord Scooter
  16. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    I can give him a call tomorrow or Wed, just PM me the phone #.

I plan on coming - and bringing camera as well.
  17. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    I will be there! I am not sure in what outfit yet...but I will be there!
  18. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm pretty sure I'll be there to help out. No costume, but I'll help out in some way.
  19. nmfiredawg Force Ghost

star 3
    come on people, getting close need to know.......
  20. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    I can make it, but I may have a future special appearance for YOU to attend, too!
  21. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Just to let you know, I will be a no show. I have a ton of school work with finals coming up.
  22. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    so 5 so far? I'm calling James this afternoon, so just wanted to give him a heads up...
  23. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
  24. nmfiredawg Force Ghost

star 3
    So what is it........Ken I am very impatient when it comes to things :p
  25. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    I will be there. My son is coming as well to see the armor. That's all he keeps talking about.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.