main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Trooping for the "OG" Trilogy...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by bobasparxx, Jun 27, 2006.

1. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Well, that's cause you got barbeque sauce on my bathrobe.

2. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Well, it was either that or the bedsheets!

3. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Oh damn. Does your wives know about this?

4. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    Whoa, plural? How many wives do you have, Bob?

5. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Bob's a busy boy!!!! :*

6. JaceMardu

JaceMardu Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    God I love you freaks!!!!

Anyhow, we should try to get a tally on who is planning on trooping the og tril. Then we could see about splitting them up into, batallions?

EP, will you even be here for this?

7. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    ep is still here?
    so, when is the big move ep?

8. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    her and chlem are at the comi-con....

-lor-lor

9. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    {sigh}...i may just be...still no word on the contract...we could hear next month, or it could be as late as october...who knows?! and that's just hearing if we won the contract or not...we may hear that we didn't win...it SUCKS not knowing!!

anyway, if we are here you can bet your tushy we'll be trooping this thing with y'all! i HOPE to have my imperial officer's uniform done by then...i'm going to need major sewing help....(hint, hint anyone...)

10. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I can help out if you need it EP :)

11. EvilPrincess

Jun 23, 2005
    cool, thanks! i've got the hat...now i just need...well, everything else!!

12. Lorithavon

Feb 10, 2003
    hey bobasparxx, any word on us trooping this? there has been some talk about it on the 501st boards and people wanted to know what was going on... and I think the midnight fell though at the Hastings so there might be a possibility that there are troopers there at midnight. as well as the next day. let us know...

-lor

13. Shaak_Vi

Shaak_Vi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    Thanks Lor-
    You beat me to it, I was gonna post a similar deal here as well. Okay anyway bobasparxx, as Lor mentioned, let us know...

14. bobasparxx

Nov 9, 2003
    Right on. My store is always willing to have the group around. My store mgr. almost peed his pants the last time the group came down. I apologize for not coming by here as often as I should and keeping an update on the "Trooping" event. My family and baby boy have stalled me from activities. My bad.

If someone in the group could organize members/costumed or not to participate in this even would be greatly appreciated. Head count too. Costumed characters is a must. I was thinking of an evening time frame (5pm-7pm or 6pm to 8pm)? That way it would give some of you time to leave your jobs/finish homework/dinner. My store mgr. always provided food from deli. There are a few places to change for members in costume.

We could raise money for CMN by taking pics with the characters like we did the last couple times the group came down. If and when this is a go, someone contact me ASAP. You could even stop by the store any day between 9am-6pm except Wednesdays and Saturdays. I juggle between the Connection Center and Photo Lab (back in Electronics).

15. Shaak_Vi

Jul 14, 2005
    Thanks bobasparxx... (sorry I don't know your actual name [face_worried] ) We are kinda late in getting this together so no worries about checking in more often...family first always! I myself have always been more of a lurker here...I also should try and post more often.

Anyway, lets say for sure that this is a go! I know there are DRS members who definately want to troop and several individuals from Mos Alba that will help out however they can. So I will be getting together a list of costumed members and other individuals that can do this then. I think the evening start time is great. I will try to stop by or call the store except I don't know who to ask for [face_blush]

Thanks again - looking forward to this!

Vivian

16. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Viv, his name is Jason and I love this guy. His store always treats us so well, too!

17. Shaak_Vi

Jul 14, 2005
    Thanks Bob!
    Sounds like everyone who has had the fortunate experience of trooping at the store shares your opinion! And yes Jason did let me know his name also. I'll be calling him soon on this and look forward to meeting him too! :)

So how are things? Are you a new daddy yet? My best as always to Julie and the whole family!

18. EvilPrincess

Jun 23, 2005
    looks like this will be my last trooping event with Mos Alba...[face_worried] {sniff}

19. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
  20. Shaak_Vi

Jul 14, 2005
    That's too sad!! :_| You'll have to come back and join us for future events...Hopefully you'll be able to go out in style with your Officer's costume though!

Anyway the word is definately go on this! I spoke with Jason (bobasparxx) over the weekend and everything is all set up for Tuesday 6-8 at the Walmart on Eubank/I-40. Yay! Thanks so much again Jason! I think its gonna be amazing fun and I hope we raise lots of money for CMN too! Can't wait!

I'll post Friday the best estimate numbers and costumes that'll be there! :D

21. JaceMardu

JaceMardu Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    The Rebel Legion will represent also!!! Wookiee style!!! Just wish there were more of us. Damn you imperial forces in your cool armor! All we got are orange jumpsuits, robes, and fur. At least I won't be cold.

22. Shaak_Vi

Jul 14, 2005
    [face_laugh] Orange jumpsuits, robes and fur...its like the makings of a weird fetish film

Anyway you are right, so far mostly imperials will be out in full force. Here's what we've got:
    4 Stormtroopers
    Darth Vader
    Snowtrooper
    Stealth Trooper (possibly 2)
    Biker Scout (possibly 2)
    Tusken Raider (possibly 2)
    TIE Pilot (possibly 2)
    Chewbacca
    Boba Fett (pretty sure)
    and maybe just maybe an Imperial Officer
    Plus Jason is gonna try and get into his Jedi (right?)

Anyway it should be fun! Getting excited! Less than a week away!!!

23. bobasparxx

Nov 9, 2003
    Damn, that cool! Thats an impressive lineup. If I suit up, looks like I'll be a minority as a Jedi...

I'm going to hang up the flyers tomorrow. I made extra copies on the stores zerox machine. They kind of came out poor quality, but it'll do. Thanks again everyone who will be coming down next Tuesday. I look forward to meeting/seeing the group again.

24. Lorithavon

Feb 10, 2003
    and don't forget girls in bikini's...

and yes we do need more rebels... the problem is I do double duty... as an fine upstanding rebel citizen. and rebel scum, maybe I should clone myself so I can troop on both sides...

but seriously... we should get a flight of X-wing pilots together it's fairly impressive when you get more than one together... what do ya say? Troopin' is Troopin' it's all star wars to me.

and my next costume probably will be another rebel one... ya like I need more..

-lor

25. bobasparxx

Nov 9, 2003
    I have a Rebel scum story. My family and I where attending C2 and we had walked outside to get some fresh air. I'm in my Jedi robe. Then here comes some women dressed up as an Imperial Officer. She passes by me and says in a nasty tone..."Jedi scum". She got about 20 feet in front of us and tripped on the pavement. Damnm, was that funny. If Karma exists, it struck her good.