Trophies

Discussion in 'NE Fanforce Awards Forum' started by BobaChris12, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    This just came to me and it may be best to stay organized.

The cost of the trophies seems a little high. A NR member hsa a friend who runs a trophy shop here and could probably make the bases for a low price. He made a plate for a bowling trophy for us for under $2. The more we do, the cot may be lowered.

What figures are needed? I have 4 bins of doubles and will gladly look for any we may need.

On repeat winners, what if the plate alone was given? That could cut down on cost.

We could also make our own bases. All we'd need is a piece of 4x4 wood, cut it down and add some trim to the bottom, then stain. My garage has all the tools we would need to whip them up.
  2. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    cost is high on them depending on figures.

I have gotten lucky and picked up bases for .25 each at AC moore when on sale and I usually load up with what funds I can spare. Name plates if ordered in quantity usually costs me about 34.00 for 12 name plates. individual are more. U factor in the cost of paints and supplies and depending on donations they can be cheap. However its alot of work to do piece work trophies here and there. So in order for me to keep costs down they would have to be a bulk order for me.
    Again I dont mind us doing them since we actually have it down to a science now. Takes us 3 days to get 12 -14 trophies made now which isnt bad considering drying time and layering and drilling.

If we get figurs donated thats fine. I still dont think 20.00 is bad for someone getting a trophy. Its more personalised than a regular trophy and I have seent he bowling trophy and honestly I am still partial to our homemade ones. We are doing something different this year and going with a themed trophy this year and perhaps silver paint instead of gold.

Bottom line is we love making them and dont mind... just need some help with funds :( LOL

Edit: average costs for awards for me from start to finish including paper products,goodie bags, props etc.... about 250.00 - 500.00 depening on what we do. And thats all purely out of pocket. Plus my hotel expenses to get down there and work the event LOL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.