main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Troy Denning in Cleveland

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Jade-Walker, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I was just made aware of this by a friend in Canada and thought you all might like to know. Troy Denning will be stopping in Cleveland on his reading and signing tour for his book Tatooine Ghost:

CLEVELAND, OH
    Thursday, March 27th @ 7:00 PM
    Reading & Signing
    Joseph Beth Booksellers
    13217 Shaker Square
    Cleveland, OH
    Phone: 216-751-3300

I know it's a week night, but I thought we might even meet up as a group. :D

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    !!!

I'm actually going to be in Ohio for this! I'm certainly going to make every effort to go. :)

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I'm up for that...we haven't done something during the week for some time (might fit people's schedule bbetter)

I've got a couple books to read before Tatooine Ghosts, but it's always nice to meet the author..and get maybe an autographed copy.

4. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I've decided to putt off buying Tatooine Ghost until then. I may get a SbS as well, but haven't decided.

If he actually puts an inscription in the SbS, I want him to write something like "Long live Anakin Solo." ;)

5. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Alright! I could get my copy of SbS autographed! :) (Got it a long time ago, haven't cracked it yet... Still behind.)

EDIT: Glad that is the week that I have spring break, or else I couldn't go, I usually have class then.

6. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    JJJ, think about it you would want to car pool up to Cleveland. I work until around 5 p.m. in Fairlawn, but maybe we could leave from there.

7. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Kim, check your PMs. ;)

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I don't mean to distrub this "girl talk"...but I'd like to go to this as well. Should I post something of Fanforce.net letting everyone know a bunch of us are going to this? We could make this a "official" JKOC event?

9. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I think that that would be a great idea, Geoff! :D

[face_blush] Should I have PM'd you with this first? I'm still rather new and don't know how these things work.

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Should I have PM'd you with this first?
    No, posting this on the boards is just fine...if you ever hear about something you think the group would be interested in, you don't have to get MY approval to say something.

I'll send something to be posted on the Fanforce news page, that we're planning on attending as a group. So who else is planning on being there? (so we know who to look for)

Troy Denning book signing:
    Krash
    Padawan92

11. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Don't forget me, Geoff. ;)
    And Cindy was still planning on it last I heard from her. We will be carpooling. :D

12. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I will be there. I might need a ride, but I'll double check at home first before begging anyone else for one. :)

Krash
    Padawan92
    swchick

13. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Krash
    Padawan92
    swchick
    Jade-Walker
    JarJarJedi

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Well, it looks like it's going to be me and "the girls" on this one.

Ladies, where do we want to meet...Emily and I are driving together, and I know Cindy and Kim are together. Is StarWarschick14 coming with you guys?

When do ya'll wanna meet up there? 6:45? 7pm?

15. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Yeah, Rosie is coming with us.

16. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I think the problem is most everyone here either doesn't plan on buying Tatooine Ghosts in hardcover or already has it. Plus the Sci-Fi channel is showing Tremors 2 & 3 Thursday night.

17. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I think the problem is most everyone here either doesn't plan on buying Tatooine Ghosts in hardcover or already has it. Plus the Sci-Fi channel is showing Tremors 2 & 3 Thursday night.

1.) I want to get Tatooine Ghost
    2.) I don't have it
    3.) I don't give a darn about Tremors 2 & 3, and anyways, my show isn't on this Thursday again. :p (Nor at all I don't think! :mad:)

18. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I don't have TG either. So I might as well get it there. ;)

Cindy, Rosie and I are planning on meeting in Akron at 5p.m. We'll then drive up directly. I don't know precisely what time we'll end up getting there.

Hmmm...I guess there's that eating thing. What do you think, ladies?

Well, it looks like it's going to be me and "the girls" on this one.
    [face_mischief] Aw! Poor Geoff. Has to be surrounded by women all night long! 8-}

19. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Yeah, poor Geoff! ;) Wish I could attend this. (Not to change this thread but, Don, I thought my sister and I were the only people on the planet who liked "Tremors." Haven't seen 2 or 3 though.)

20. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Hmmm...I guess there's that eating thing. What do you think, ladies?

Hey, what about me? I'm not familiar with that part of town (all I can find is Shaker's ice rink) so I was gonna pull up the "nav-computer" directions from Mapquest If we want to eat before the book signing (together), we should meet up early(6:30?) and then go there together?

Sci-Fi channel is showing Tremors 2 & 3 Thursday night...sorry, I'm still Frelling angery with Sci-Fi Channel over that horrific ending of Farscape. Now that there isn't anything worth watching on Ch49 (Cox Cable)...I'll have more time to spend elsewhere. I've never really cared about the movie...and aside from Mr. Keaton (Family Ties) returning, I hope all their new shows bomb out! :mad:

21. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I hope all their new shows bomb out!

Why? It's not like they said "Hey, let's cancel Farscape and replace it with this stupid show we conned Shannen Doherty into hosting." That's just the way it happened. The simple fact is Farscape got too complicated for new fans to follow and SciFi knew that no matter how much they hyped the show it's rating were only going to go down. Now, yes, ending a show with a cliffhanger knowing it isn't coming back sucks, but that's the way it was written. That wasn't SciFi's fault.

As for Tremors, yes Skye, I loved the first one. I haaven't seen 2 in a while (never seen 3) but I do know they decided to play up the comedy more (the first one was actually billed as a straight horror film).

Finally, Cindy, obviously the people going are planning on buying the book. I meant that those that hadn't replyed (Eric, Candace, Steve, etc.) were the ones who aren't getting it or already have it.

22. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    What I'm mad about is that Sci-Fi channel is giving up on possibly one of the best written/produced/acted television shows ever (it's not difficult to catch up...ask BMack or Emily) But to cancel what many considered the "flag-ship" of Sci-Fi channel (over production costs) in favor of junk like "Scare Tactics" is financial suiside!

I liked what they've done with Dune and Children of Dune...those were some quality sci-fi miniseries. So the saying "you get what you pay for" holds true.

I need to revise an early statement..Tremors while not a favorite of mine, is OK...and I hope it does well.

Sorry, that ending just annoyed the frell out of me...see Farscape thread for details!!!

Oh yeah, Thursday..."Girl's Night + 1" sounds like fun!

23. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Since we've deviated to the topic of the Sci-Fi channel:
    What did you all think of Riverworld? I know there's only so much you can do in 2 hours, but I didn't think much of it.

And, yes, I thought both of the Dunes were really great. Now I'm going to have to actually go and read a whole other series of books (after I've run out of SW ones ;))

24. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    If we want to eat before the book signing (together), we should meet up early(6:30?) and then go there together?

My husband used to work in that part of town and had a couple of sugestsions:

1. Corky and Lenny's -- and excellent Kosher (sp?) deli-type place. It's at the intersection of 271 & Chagrin Falls in the NE corner. It's in the same shopping center as Old Navy.

2. Yours Truly -- on Chagrin about 1/2-1 mi. west of 271.

3. Ruby Tuesdays -- also on Chagrin a little farther west than Your Truly.

I suggest Corky & Lenny's personally. The food is excellent and not terribly expensive (probably similar to the others). Plus you can find Yours Truly and Ruby Tuesdays anywhere.

The only thing is that the service is rather slow. In any case, I think meeting for dinner at 6:30 would be a little late since the signing/reading starts at 7. Provided we can leave Akron pretty close to 5, we should be able to make it up to Cleveland a little before 6.

What do you all think?

EDIT: Looking more closely at the maps, while getting to Shaker Sq via 271 0r by 490 seems about the same time & distance-wise for us Akron/Canton people, you Parmites may decide you don't want to go that far out of your way, which would also be fine. The 271 route is just the one I know better.

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Mapquest has got us coming in from Jennings onto 490E...to 55th, then Woodland Ave, and over to Buckeye Road.

Cindy, you still have my cell phone #? If not PM(or IM) me tonight...and we can comlink me once you girls get there.

Is this Corky and Lenny's closest to the bookstore? I don't care if we end up at Burger King...just a place to sit/chat before the Denning thing will be nice.

Padawan and I will bring her camera, be kinda nice to get some pictures for "the archives"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.