Troy Denning's Dark Nest trilogy (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by russelguppy, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceHawk-181 Force Ghost

star 4
    I really do not like what is happening to the Jedi Order after the Vong invasion, and the way that Denning is handling that transformation is giving me high hopes for the future of the EU.

Spoilers, duh, but just in case, you know, blah blah

We have seen various times through the Joiner King the Jedi Knights really pushing it with their abuse of Force powers.

Luke drew upon the force so much in order to save his and Mara?s life that he began to transform ala Palpatine.

Mara was ready to take off Jaina?s head after the young Solo almost derided Luke by comparing him to the Dark Lord.

Even after getting pissed at Jaina for that statement Mara used Force lightning to attack an enemy. She did not deflect it in self-defense; she outright conjured the lightning and zapped the crap out of her attackers!

Luke?s first reaction from getting pissed of at Welk was to Force Choke the Dark Jedi, and he barely pulled back before going to far, much to the chagrin of Mara.

This is beginning to become dangerous for the Jedi Order.
    If Master Kenobi or Master Yoda were alive to see what Luke was allowing the Jedi to become they would be terrified.

Luke has allowed his Jedi to rationalize the use of the Dark Side, ?for the greater good?.

Yoda said the Force was used for Knowledge and Defense, never for attack.

Apparently the time Luke has spent around Dark Lords like C`Boath and Palpatine have finally caught up with him.

Denning has really done a great job of brining the future of the Order into the main plot-line.

This should be good.
  2. Pelranius Force Ghost

star 5
    Somehow I think the rehab conglomerates are going to rear their ugly heads again.
  3. Teegirloo Force Ghost

star 6
    Did they ever leave:p
  4. Excellence Jedi Grand Master

star 7

Many of the shipyard corporations have been in business for thousands, even over 5000yrs.
  5. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Force Ghost

star 4
    Troy Denning has confirmed someone is gonna be preggers I believe. Most people see it as Jacen and Tenel Ka (that's my guess as well.)
    The only problem with this is it could not have happenend in TJK scene on Hapes. Unseen Queen takes place a year after TJK, so there should already be a baby born. Or she could be about ready to pop one out. Who knows what happend in that year?

If it is Tenel Ka, I can't wait for the Political storm it would cause! [face_mischief]
  6. IceHawk-181 Force Ghost

star 4
    Someone is going to be pregnant?
    Either Jacen is going to be a daddy, Ben's going to get a Sister, or Jaina has chosen between Jag and Zekk.

Either way I am definetly confused........wonder who it is.
  7. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Force Ghost

star 4
    I think Jaina was confirmed as not the pregnant one. So that leaves Tenel Ka, Mara (surely she's too old?) and other people who's names I forget[face_frustrated]
  8. Rouge77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think that the obvious choice is the correct one this time and Tenel Ka will have the baby. Of course Denning could be playing everybody as fools and make Jaina the new mother in TUQ, but I doubt it.
  9. Tenn_Solo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Tenel Ka's having a baby? I wrote a fanfic about her having a baby! Or is it Jaina?

Here's a pretzel. Maybe it's....

.....Tahiri. [face_shhh]
  10. Joser_Kyind Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think that there's anyone in the galaxy that Tahiri could get with. She's too Vong to go with a human and too human to go with a Vong, personality wise.

I really hope that Jacen and Tenel don't have a kid, for the kid's sake.

It's been confirmed that the baby won't be Leia's, Saba's, or Jaina's

Mara is not too old. In SW, 60 is the new 40. My mom had my little broter when she was 41. Mara has a few more child-bearing years ahead of her.

While we're on the subject of pregnancy, anyone else notice that in NJO Luke thought the baby would be a girl, and Mara thought it would be a boy, and in the RotS novel, Anaking thinks the baby will be a girl, and Padmé thinks it'll be a boy?
  11. Valie Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have a question. Did Denning say that the baby would be from any particular novel or was it just to come during the series? I am a J/TK fan but I'm not sure about them having a kid with his present state of mind. And on Hapes. Poor kid.
  12. Quinnocent-Till-Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    Well there is one person that's pregnant in the books: Padmé.
  13. lexu Force Ghost

star 6
    It'll piss me off if that's the rationalization. That's just stupid. But anyway, it should have been confirmed by now if that's all the pregnancy business was about.
  14. Reecee Jedi Knight

star 3
    "Many funerals...' - R2 was at Padme's funeral, wasn't he [face_mischief]
  15. Valie Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh man. He wouldn't do that. Would he? [face_worried]
  16. Senator_Lorena Force Ghost

star 2
    I hope it is Mara. Ben being their only "heir" could be difficult. If something happens to Ben, their line is finished. Another child could help ensure the future of their family. Of course something could happen to both children, but I don't think "the powers that be" would have the guts to kill off two Skywalker-Jade children. Yes, Mara may be on the older side (about 50, I think) but the lifespan of humans in the SW universe is longer (ie Leia telling a 60+ Han he could live another productive 50 years if he takes care of himself).

I've already said I do not like how Jacen and Tenel Ka got together. If they had a child, it would be a sad situation. To be a father that is present in his child's life, Jacen would have to live on Hapes. Hapes would not be the type of place he would be happy. It's basically a place that thrives on corruption and using people. I would have hoped Tenel would have done more to change the culture of Hapes, but the culture is too set in its ways. If the baby is TKJ's, it will be raised Hapan. Perhaps, though, he/she will be allowed to train with the Jedi and choose to go with Jacen rather than the Hapan way. Either way, the child will have parents who are split. I know parents can make a situation like this work, but I would still find it sad.

I know many of the participants in this forum are from diviorced families and from families in which the parents were never married. I know many circumstances played a role in the parents being split, but I would think few people would think this is the best situation to raise a child. I guess the SW EU is becoming more reflective of our society's condition.
  17. Teegirloo Force Ghost

star 6
    I don't think so i think that he and C3PO were with Bail Organa on the Tantive IV
  18. AnakinsGirl Jedi Master

star 4
    I think Jacen's character has magtured alot in this series and that he would be ready to be a father. Who knows, maybe TK will give up her throne and follow Jacen around the galaxy to raise their child?
  19. Teegirloo Force Ghost

star 6
    I could see Jacen really going sith if he had to stay in Hapes[face_devil]
  20. AnakinsGirl Jedi Master

star 4
    I want tahiri to have some sort of love interest. they just kind of dropped her after anakin died.
  21. Teegirloo Force Ghost

star 6
    I think she likes Jacen:D
  22. SuperLariat Jedi Knight

star 2
    Didn't you hear? Anakin is going to be resurrected by Darth Jacen who is really Plagieus to finish the circle of redemption for Anakin's name.
  23. Terje_Lisan Jedi Knight

star 2
    I can actually see Tahiri dating Jacen. It is kinda obvious that Tahiri likes Jacen because she seemed happy when Jaina told the group that Jacen was on his way to the bug planet.

I really hope Jacen and Tenal Ka don't have any kids. To me, Jacen is too young to settle down and raise a family. Also, his family and the Jedi Order are kinda weary around him and that doesn't play well when trying to raise a family. In the end, I think Jacen and Tenal Ka only had a one-night stand. The two as characters have grown apart since they kids at Yavin 4 and seem more like friends than anything else.
  24. Teegirloo Force Ghost

star 6
    I believe he is 26 so he is old enough but i think it would be just a big mess if him and TK had a kid.
  25. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I love how people are taking "60 is the new 40" literally. It was a half-serious joke-- made by Aaron Allston of all people.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.