main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY TRU EIII Toy Release Event

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Although I'm still waiting to hear back from the Henrietta TRU with more details, I wanted to get a thread started so that we can start discussing this.

For those that don't know, the official street date for the EIII toys is Saturday, April 2nd. The Henrietta TRU is supposed to be doing a Midnight Madness sale starting late night Friday, April 1st, but I'm still waiting for confirmation from them about it.

Either way, they have invited us to come to promote our club for the Midnight Madness and/or the following day. They'd love to have us there in costume and have no problem with us handing out fliers.

So, who's interested in participating in this? You don't need a costume or even an interest in collecting the toys for this to be a great event to promote our club and Star Wars.

~Doc_Bev

2. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    If I don't end up heading to Time Square for the city release, I'll try and head up for this one. :) (In costume of course)

3. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Right now it looks like I may be able to do this, adn then go to work at 4 am. Just have to sleep earlier. We shall see. Wow that will really be torturing myself going and starring at all the cool stuff that I can not buy at all. I have to get more use out of the costume though.

4. JediMasterShawn

JediMasterShawn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    I'm definitely looking forward to this. I, unforunately, do not have a costume, but I'm 99% sure that I'm going to attend.

5. TS-042

TS-042 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    I look forward to details on the Saturday part of the event. I have a conference friday the 1st at Turning stone so the midnight launch would be tough but I can definitely help out on the Saturday.

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    JediMasterShawn don't worry you don't need a costume for any of our events. If you have a SW t-shirt that would be just fine.

TS-042 for Saturday the tentative plan is a gig from 12pm-2pm and/or 2pm-4pm or something along those lines. I'll definitely post any new news I get from TRU here. I was hoping to get a call back last night, but didn't. I'll be following up Monday if they don't call me first.

~Doc_Bev

7. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Doc Bev,
    Can we set aside Toys for ourselves? I want to det my figures too, and if we have to wait for everyone we won't get squat. I just want 1 of each of the new 40 figs.

TD-027

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    That's definitely one of my questions the next time I speak to TRU. I'm hoping that we can work out something like that.

~Doc_Bev

9. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I usually get out of work on Fridays at 1030 so I'm down. Just get a timeframe and I'll get my dinner and meet you there.

10. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    I can do that. Its just down the road and I can nap before earlir and then afterwords before I have to go to work at 4am. As for settign aside tiys thats a good possibility. When we were there for the Ep.1 toy night we loaded up shoppiong carts and took them tot he back before the doors opened and we paid later. There was maybe 2 or 3 12 inchers left for everyone else, HA HA HA. That was cool. Of course the Store Manager at the time was a big Fan. That helped. This time I am going to cry not being able to touch a thing, or take it home anyway.

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just got off the phone w/ TRU Henrietta....

We are definitely confirmed for the Midnight Madness sale. They will be open from 12am-2am April 2nd. They would like us to get there at 11pm (April 1st) to get our table set-up, get into costumes and get settled.

They would also like to know when on Saturday afternoon we would be interested in coming out. Does the Noon-2pm time slot work for everyone? We could also do 1pm-3pm, 2pm-4pm or 3pm-5pm, but they would prefer the Noon-2pm as that's when they're busiest. Unless I hear a lot of folks against the Noon-2pm time slot - that's what we're going with. TRU will be making up the bag stuffers today so I need to get back to them with the info ASAP.

So far we have the following who've expressed interest:

HothGirl (might be in NYC)
    SWF-JPB
    JediMasterShawn
    TS-042 (Sat only)
    Doc_Bev
    KnightShade
    TD-027
    RSWingnut

Anyone else? Also, everyone please post if you want to do both the Midnight Madness and the Sat afternoon or only one of them (and which one). HothGirl, you are welcome to crash at our place again if you want.

Also, if you think you're going to be purchasing anything at the Midnight Madness - please PM me for details on the special arrangements we have set up.

For both times, TRU is interested in us doing some sort of demonstrations. I don't know that we have anything already in place, but I know that we could at least talk to people about costume construction (armor, make-up, lightsabers, etc). If anyone else has any thoughts for activities we could do - please post your thoughts here. I think especially for Saturday when there will be more kids, they were looking for some activites that the kids could get involved in.

~Doc_Bev

12. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    I should be able to do Sat. afternoon. May not be there at noon though, more like 12:30. If I have to work that morning I would not get out of Target untill 11:30 and then get home from there and change.

13. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Maybe if we got copies of new coloring book pages we could do a coloring contest for the kids.

14. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    I'm hoping to get up there. We've been told at work we WILL be working that weekend because it's year end. But I have nothing to do directly with that. Before my boss resigned she said I wouldn't have to work, but they may find something for me to do. :(

Hopefully I can find out this week so I'll know for sure.

One fun thing to do on Saturday might be to do SW face painting. Maybe little girls would like to have their faces painted like Amidala or something...just a thought. :)

15. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Hey Doc_Bev,
    I'm In for both days! Sounds like fun!

TD-027

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    TRU loved the idea of coloring pages and face painting. I will be emailing some Star Wars coloring sheets over to them (they offered to print them) and they will be providing the crayons and markers. If we have/can find a volunteer and the supplies for the face painting then we can do that as well.

~Doc_Bev

17. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Count me in as tentative

18. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    And if I can make it I'd be happy to help with the face painting.

It'll probably be later next week before I know for sure though.

19. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Dang, I wish I could be up there for that. I love to face paint. My group isn't doing anything for the toy release...

Good Luck have fun, AND will someone PLEASE take pictures??? (I'd like a copy for myself if okay-or digital files.)

Sounds like your group is coming aong quite nicely.

Good job folks!

-Sal

20. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Must...have....Clone Troopers for Army!!!!!!!!

For those of you who dont know me, I'm a massive army-builder and I need the last incarnation to fullfill my vision. :)

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I forgot to mention that Pizza Hut will be providing refreshments for this event (but I don't think for the Saturday 12pm-2pm one). I'm assuming pizza and soda, but the flier doesn't specify.

Is anyone interested in getting to TRU earlier than 11pm? I figured people would probably start lining up as early as 8pm or 9pm. I know that Wingnut doesn't get out of work until 10:30pm, but if other folks are interested in getting there earlier than 11pm - post your thoughts here.

~Doc_Bev

22. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I'll be released from work at 10 and if Pizza Hut is feeding us...then I dont have to pick up dinner from Wendys so I can actually be there at like 10:05-10:15 ish. I'm right around the corner heh.

23. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    I can make it earlier. Just say when.

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    TRU is asking for a head count for those interested in buying figures. Could folks please PM me and let me know (a) if you're buying figures and (b) if you're interested in a full set or just some of them?

~Doc_Bev

25. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Well although I haven't heard back from TRU myself about the exlusive Holo Yoda - I think this press release from TRU answers my question about whether or not it will be at the MM sale...

Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith Holographic Yoda Figure from Hasbro

<snipped spoilers>The Holographic Yoda figure features unique translucent styling and is available only at Toys "R" Us beginning April 10 as a gift with a Hasbro Star Wars purchase of $25 or more. Not sold separately. While supplies last. No batteries required. Ages 4 and up.

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.