main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY TRU EIII Toy Release Event

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterShawn

JediMasterShawn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    Oh man, I was really hoping for that Yoda come Saturday. Maybe I'll have to go over to Target for that Vader instead...

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    I saw the case of lava Vader figures at target this morning while working the flow line off the truck. I am wondering if this figure will have anything to do with what happens in the movie. I was under the impression that Anakin falls into or gets burned by lava before the Vader armor. Anyway I unfortunately will not be able to buy a darn thing.

3. JediMasterShawn

Mar 16, 2005
    I'm fairly certain Vader all suited up never returns to Mustafar (sp?). Well, not in the movie, anyways. I wonder if Vader ever did build some sort of a home on Mustafar...there were those concept drawings a long while back, weren't there? Hmm, that'd make for a good fan-fic or comic (if it hasn't already, that is).

4. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Howdy Folks.
    Kinda got a quick update, I was at the Henrietta TRU tonight picking up some new GIJoe figs and saw several signs up advertising "Star Wars Day" this Saturday at 12-2. Great part was that they were handing out little reminders to everyone at checkout and they featured all the local SW clubs. Good Stuff.

Side note response to the Vader question. I have seen the spoiler pics for the lava. Its gonna be nasty thats all I'm going to say. And as far as Vader having a personal homeworld. That planet was established as Bith or Biss (started with Bi) in the SW Novel Universe. Luke goes there a few times as well as the Solo kids. Luke actually finds Anakins Jedi Knight lightsaber on display there. Pretty cool.

'Nut

5. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I think Bith was the species of the fun bald aliens playing at the Mos Eisley Cantina. ;)

And to stay on topic, I tried to find out about work this weekend and no one can tell me a thing. Maybe tomorrow, but it doesn't look promising I'll find out. See, this is what happens when your manager resigns and you work for the french....j/k :p

6. MadPerry

MadPerry Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    hey jeff! you work at target?! heeeyyyy buddy, maybe you can make sure they don't place those out early. thus ensuring everyone who gets up at 5am doesn't get screwed on 4/2. i sent you an e-mail.

7. TC0620

TC0620 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    I'll be there in my not quite finished Clone Trooper outfit. probably be there both days. On a side-note, my roomate made a short pseudo-documentary on me building the suit. I'll bring the dvd with me. if someone brings a laptop, you can decide if its worth showing on saturday.

8. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Unfortunatley I just found out that I'm working 9:30 sat morning so I won't be able to make the Toy release :(

9. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Looking forward to meeting everyone on Friday. vader is currently in surgery for the event.

I had a blow out in the undersuit at our last event!

10. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    This is going to be so much fun!

Here's an updated (5pm April 1st) list of volunteers:

Definites:
    SWF-JPB
    JediMasterShawn
    Doc_Bev
    KnightShade
    TD-027
    TC0620
    RSWingnut
    jediJason8080
    jediJaime
    JediXXL
    Mindy
    BobaChris12
    T_StarFlyer
    DarSolo
    JediKnightLisa
    VideoPrince (Janice & Larry)
    TS-042 (Sat only)
    HothGirl

Did I forget anyone?

So how early do folks want to get there? I figured no earlier than 8pm or 9pm. I think the North Ridge will be arriving around 10pm.

Vader in surgery - how appropriate for an EIII event! :p Hopefully it goes well and you'll be fully recovered. Speaking of costume work - I must get back to latchhooking Wookiee hair...

~Doc_Bev

11. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Still trying to get there....LOL. They dropped a bomb on me at work today and I've got about triple the workload now (nice of them to do this just before year end...which is tomorrow).

I probably won't know until late Friday afternoon if I'll make it up.

Doc_Bev, if I do make it up is it still okay to crash at your place? (I wanna make the Target run too! ;) )

12. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    PUMPED!
    CLONE TROOPERS....NOW!

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    HothGirl - absolutely!
    We can all head to Target together! :D

~Doc_Bev

14. JediMasterShawn

Mar 16, 2005
    I won't be able to get there until around 11:00, I'm afraid.

15. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    is the Super-Walmart in Gates throwing a Midnight Madness too?

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I think the Gates Wal-Mart might be, but when I called they said that we couldn't work with them so I didn't looking further into what they were doing. Here's the list of Wal-Marts that will be doing the tent sale. Of which Auburn is the only one in NY state I've heard. I think stores that aren't getting the tent will be doing stuff, but I don't think there's a specific list of those or what they're doing.

NEW NEWS:
    Yoda will be available for all TRU stores that are doing the Midnight Madness sale not just Times Square.

~Doc_Bev

17. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Ok Change of plans, Encouraged by the # of people attending the event I'm going to tough it out (sleep? who needs sleep?) So yea one more Jedi!!!!!!! I'm also working on DarSolo to attend with me, She's thinking about putting together an impromtu, Mara Jade(ish) outfit.

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Awesome T! Yeah - who needs sleep!
    I'll update the above list...

~Doc_Bev

19. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Cool!!! Bobachris is gonna party with the Rebellion. Great!! Nothing going on in Buf. or you just want to hang with us? Thats cool. SOunds liek its going to be great turn out. I should have taken off work from MC Donalds but I never thought of it. Darn. I would love to get there early like 8 or so but I get out of Mc Donald's at 4, then I got to go see my 6 year old nephew get his Yellow Belt. The real one, not the Tiny Tiger one either. Yay!!! So I have to squeeze a little rest in there sometime so I can stay there till they kick us out. I work at 4am.

20. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Hey Doc -

When we get there, are we able to go into the store to change? If I can make it, I'm not sure when I'll get up there but I'll plan to meet everyone at Toys R Us. I just need to make sure someone's around to help me into armor. ;) (That and I need to make sure there's a place to change).

21. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Hey Guys....I was thinking if you wanted to...we could make it like a full night swing. We'll hit TRU midnight madness...spin a 180 and hit the Super Wal-Mart in Gates and then at 6:30 they are starting the line for the Target Lava figures.

Someone get some coffee going...

22. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    You know, if I was reading that any other time that wouldn't make me want to crawl into bed. :p I was at work for fifteen hours yesterday and about twelve today...if I make it up for the event, I'm going to need some sleep! LOL

23. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I'm getting pumped for this. It looks like there will be a lot of people there!

Vader is repaired and ready to go!

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    HothGirl - I'm not sure where in the store we are going to be changing, but my request was that we be let in early enough to get the table set-up, shop and into costume. I'll check next time I speak w/ TRU and see what they have for us changing area wise.

Wingnut - Kinda sounds like my plan!
    drop off son at Grandma's :_|
    TRU Henrietta - Midnight-2am [face_dancing]
    Gates Wal-Mart [face_money_eyes]
    Home for a little sleep I-)
    Greece Target [face_money_eyes]
    pick up son from Grandma's :*

And I'm a caffeine free girl so I'm probably going to crash hard after getting my Lava Vader. [face_hypnotized]

TRU address for those not familiar with the Henrietta TRU - it's located at 654 Hyland Drive, Rochester, NY 14623.

~Doc_Bev

25. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Has anyone DLed the Midnight Madness checklist?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.