Roch, NY TRU EIII Toy Release Event

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Its just so lovely being villified on Rebelscum..
    Now I remember some of the reasons I disappeared in the first place.
  2. -KnightShade- Jedi Knight

star 2
    It is interesting to see that they are not hesitating to comment on items that they only know half the story about too... Maybe we can all learn to work together someday.

Wingnut - I appreciated the fact that you had my back in getting the figures last night. We ended up in much the scenerio that we wanted to avoid. Despite the fact that Duane and I were the first 2 people in line for the 12:01 opening - we had a tough time getting our set of 24 figures in our sandtrooper/wookiee gear respectively.

3. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    No Prob Gang
    Finally all those years of being the size of an offensive linemen paid off eh?
    HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Is anyone else having problems getting Grievous into a somewhat decent pose with those 4 Sabers?
  4. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    I loved being there today with you all and the kids. Its always fun with the public. Sorry I missed out at midnight. I was looking forward to hanging with NorthRidge people. Hopefully we will see them again soon. I am kicking myself for staying home, but I had to do it. The funs not over though, its just began. The Stealth Trooper threw me off. I forgot he was coming and I was so tired I was thinking he was a Tie pilot. I mentioned to him how I never noticed how close it was to the ST armor. That's cause it was. I was not really looking up that much at the helmet at that the moment. Good times everyone. Cant wait for more.
  5. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I want to thank everyone for making both these events such a big success. I had so much fun - it was a little chaotic, but that's just part of the excitement. TRU was so thrilled with our participation - we are welcome to come back and play anytime!

It's a good thing tomorrow's Sunday so I can catch up on my sleep! I'm also hoping to get all the photos posted if I can get my PC back up and running. :( We had a power outage here while we were gone and my PC's just not coming back up.

~Doc_Bev
  6. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    A few moments in there I think Fran wanted to adopt us. Hah. Good Times! Good Times!
  7. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    Did I Miss something with RebelScum?
  8. -KnightShade- Jedi Knight

star 2
  9. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I've read both sides of the issue & it seems that both sides were doing the same thing. Basicly Shopping for others. The RS folks were shopping for themselves & other RS members & Wingnut was doing the same for himself & Rebellion members. Unfortunatly tempers flared mix in a bit of attitude (on Both Sides), Words (typed & verbal were exchanged)

This is a non-issue to me now that I don't collect anymore but as I used to collect I can understand both sides.

I as a non collector waited to go in untill all the ticked folks had gone in, while watching the outside table & talking to the folks. I truly feel bad for the families who were stuck further back inline looking thru the window at the 1st 4 or 5 groups leaving with shoppingcarts full of stuff before the even had the chance to look. Those kids looked so dissapointed.
    So was the couple in the 1st group that left with 4 cartfulls of figures & toys, were they RS or dealers? Even I was shaking my head at that.
  10. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So was the couple in the 1st group that left with 4 cartfulls of figures & toys, were they RS or dealers?

If it's who I think you're thinking of - it was actually Aaron, his wife and their son Anakin. They're neither RS or dealers - I think they're just collectors. Aaron and his wife also hung out with us at the DVD release at Media Play.

I just hope that time and calm conversation can cool things down and we can look back on this event fondly.

And Fran from TRU definitely wants us to come back anytime we want.

~Doc_Bev
  11. CaptainAlex1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    It was not any individual who posts at RS who bought 4 cartloads of stuff.

TRU was abig disappointment. Episode II Midnight madness ran way better at Greece TRU thank what happened in Henrietta.

The manager at TRU made it point to us (in the second wave of 20 people) that they had plenty of product for everyone.

Obviously he didn't have a clue how big this was going to be.

My friends and I spent a grand total of 20 minutes iN TRU shopping that morning. I don't think one of us spent over $150. I spent $40.
  12. -KnightShade- Jedi Knight

star 2
    CaptainAlex -

Thank you for posting over here.

I'm certain that the person that Wingnut took exception to was not in fact a RS member. They were a member of a a small group of collectors - and were at Target behind me in line the next morning.

I do agree that the stocking of things could have been done much better. ToysRUs management was surprized by the amount of people who turned out for the event. The stocking issue was compounded by the level of complexity and the amount of time it took to get the LFL signage for the event up and assembled.

So far as I heard - the only items that they ran out of during the event were the Unleashed figures. I do wonder however - how many people missed out on what they were looking for because of the "mad rush".
  13. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    In hindsight, I dont think it was nearly as bad as the Episode 1 toy release at the Greece TRU.

We were lined up all the way down the side of the Plaza in Greece and they way they had toys set up in their front area was a disgrace. That was a mad rush and a mob scene because it broke down to the point where they were just bringing out boxes, cutting them open, and laying them on the ground for people to grab at. The older GRASWFC had the front of the line but they already had just a box with each figure from the first line so they were there for the fan club value. I was way back at #30 and I barely got a hand on 5 or so of the decent figures from the first release.

Maybe if they ever do any kind of special toy release again, I'll wear stilts. At least that way I know I can get a better shot at the top row of figures. Hah.

Everybody get some rest?
  14. -KnightShade- Jedi Knight

star 2
    LOL -

Nicky and I were the first two people in line at that event - and for us it ran very smoothly. but it really helped that TRU employees boxed up enough sets of figures for the first ~25 folks in line that wanted them. All that I had to "shop" for had been ships. I guess that my experience hadn't been the common one.
  15. CaptainAlex1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    TRU ran out of the 2 pack Battle scenes (Anakin VS Dooku, Mace vs Palpatine), ARC-170's, and 12 inch figures. When we left there wacart full of Unleashed figures in a cart that was being brought out.

16. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I remember the guy in front of me and I were trying to grab all four of the droid-troopers. We got inside and got to the display rack and all I could find was Obi, Qui-Gonn, and Maul. The guy behind the wall was opening boxes and handing thme over the racks. Took a few minutes but I got em. I'm the easiest shopper..just give me my troops and thats all I'll ever want.

I remember that cart, that thing lasted about 30 seconds hah.
  17. TC0620 Jedi Padawan

I had a LOT of fun on Saturday, expecially with the other 3 fellow troopers and all the pictures! I was planning to write down people's names on Sunday since I can never remember who I meet. That didn't happen. So I was hoping someone could tell me who was what character. I could guess at some but afraid I'd be wildy wrong..

TC0620 - Clone Trooper (me/David)
    RogueSquadranWingnut
    Doc_Bev
    KnightShade
    HothGirl
    SWF-JPB
    JediMasterShawn
    TD-027
    jediJason8080
    jediJaime
    JediXXL
    Mindy
    BobaChris12
    T_StarFlyer
    DarSolo
    JediKnightLisa
    VideoPrince (Janice & Larry)
    TS-042

anyone else not on the list?
  18. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Let's see if I can get most of these...

I'll put username, costume, then real name.

RogueSquadronWingnut
    no costume/cameraman
    Scott

Doc_Bev
    Jedi
    Nicky

KnightShade
    Chewbacca
    Darren

HothGirl
    Boushh/Princess Leia
    Katie

SWF-JPB
    Han Solo (only on Sat)
    Jeff

JediMasterShawn
    no costume
    Shawn

TD-027
    Sandtrooper
    Duane

jediJason8080
    Red Imperial Guard
    Jason

jediJaime
    Jar Jar
    Jamie

JediXXL
    Jedi
    Gil

Mindy
    no costume

BobaChris12
    Darth Vader
    Chris

T_StarFlyer
    Jedi
    Tom

DarSolo
    Mara Jade
    Daria

JediKnightLisa
    Jedi
    Lisa

VideoPrince (Janice & Larry)
    Emperor (Janice)
    I'm embarrased to say that I don't remember what your costume was Larry [face_blush]

TS-042
    Special Ops/Stealth Stormtrooper
    Mike

There was also Han Solo (Marty?) at the Midnight Madness, but I don't know his username. And Diane (not on fanforce - yet) who came Saturday afternoon as Padme Amidala. Oh - also Adam (not on fanforce - yet) was there as a Stormtrooper. I think that covers everyone. I hope I didn't forget someone.

Edit: Pictures are now posted!!

~Doc_Bev
  19. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Awesome Pics This was a ton of fun!!!!!
  20. JediMasterShawn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Did anyone head over to the Henrietta Wal-Mart after leaving TRU? They had a decent selection of Star Wars toys.
  21. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    A gentleman from Buffalo was wearing a ROTJ style Luke costume, could that have been what Larry was wearing?
  22. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    A gentleman from Buffalo was wearing a ROTJ style Luke costume, could that have been what Larry was wearing?

Yup. That was Larry. Marty was the Han Solo. He's also from Buffalo. Screen name Solo42986
  23. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    "Did anyone head over to the Henrietta Wal-Mart after leaving TRU? They had a decent selection of Star Wars toys. "

Sure did man. Thats where we were able to track down some of the higher number figs. I think TD got 25-28 and I was able to grab Aayala for Katie. Clones for me too :)
  24. LadySith22 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry it took so long but I just wanted to say thanks for having us at this event! We had a great time and it was nice to put some faces with the names!!!
  25. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Thank you for putting on one memorable event over at the Hylan Dr. Toys R Us. I guess it was a good thing to brave the rainstorm and stop by. It seriously made my day on Saturday.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.