main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY TRU event - Nov 20th 2005

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Yesterday I received an email from Fran from the Henrietta TRU.
    First she was curious if our club would be interested in having a private shopping event. And, in addition we're invited to particate in some of their other private corporate shopping nights. She mentioned an example of Xerox's corporate night which had over 500 shoppers. During these events we would be in costume (or club t-shirt for those without costumes) and promote our club. I believe all of these events usually don't take place until the holiday shopping season starts up, but I emailed her back asking for more information.

Another thought I had, was to offer gift wrapping at these events as a fundraiser for ourselves and a charity.

Thoughts anyone?

~Doc_Bev

And, on a slightly different topic, I was just reading this article about the TRU buyout.

2. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm just wondering if the TRU's in Rochester are going to be around that long...they said that probably one of the Rochester branches would close. Personally, I think its Greece but I'm down for it. I'm in...either as a Jawa, a club-dude, or as my eventual transformation into a Jedi.

3. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Wow!!!! Only one TRU around, maybe? Gift wrapping as a possible fund raiser would be cool. Not sure if I would be able to participate in night activities or not by the holidays. Probably not. I do not think I could do the wrapping personally, I suck at it. I will do what I can when the time comes.

4. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    I'd be in! For the events. As far as giftwrapping I'm lousy at it as well. Maybe I could do something else.

5. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Ok I'll do the wrapping the rest of ya can be the Bow Boys & Girls [face_clown]

6. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Yeah I usually throw stuff in wegmans bags...tape them up with duct tape..and put a bow on them.

7. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Sounds like fun... and If its got squared corners I can wrap it...

8. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    <Deleted>

Old grudges die hard.

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just sent an email to Fran at TRU to see if these events were still something she was interested in having us participate in.

~Doc_Bev

10. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    if i can do it i'm posibly in. both stores in rochester will be left open,as far as my inside person has told me.

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Heard back from Fran... Here are the possible event dates we could participate in:

Sunday, Oct 16th from 7:30pm-9:30pm
    (this date would be a non-costumed opportunity to shop at a discount - 20% off $75 purchase)

Sunday, Nov 13th
    Sunday, Nov 20th
    Sunday, Nov 27th

I'm assuming the times for the Nov events are the same as the Oct one.
    These are late enough that they shouldn't conflict with bowling, but I don't think Nov 13th would work out because of Astronomicon that weekend. Even though the con is supposed to close at 5pm. I'm going to be too beat myself to do anything that evening. I'm planning to pre-bowl for that day in fact.

So I was thinking of shooting for Nov 20th or 27th. What do other folks think?
    This event would basically be an opportunity for us to be in costume and promote ourselves to the attendees, get our pictures taken, etc. Similar to the last time we were at TRU, but (hopefully) more people (they're expecting 200+ for each of those two days).

~Doc_Bev

12. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I'd be down with either date.
    Are we going shopping that night?

Only thing that might make it interesting is if they get in the latest 12 figures...ooooo...army building potential with that discount...

13. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    November 20th. would be the best. I agree, we have a lot planned for October 16th. and November 13th. Besides being the Sunday after Thanksgiving, November 27th. is Bill's birthday.

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    If folks want to go to the Friends & Family night on Oct 16th, you need to PM or email me so that I can send you the invite pass you'll need to get in the door.

~Doc_Bev

15. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Are you and Darren going or shall I be hunting alone?

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    It doesn't sound like KS wanted to go if it were a costumed event, but I'm not sure if it's just shopping. We (actually I) have a pretty packed day and busy weekend schedules always put him in a sour mood. :p

~Doc_Bev

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    FYI - When I saw Fran at the Oct 16th TRU shopping night I let her know that we were interested in coming in to entertain the shoppers for the Nov 20th night.

~Doc_Bev

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just bumping back to the first page so it doesn't get forgotten...

~Doc_Bev

19. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    A Private night where the Fanforce has Free Reign of a Toys'r'us? They better restock their shelves...

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    OK - I lied at Astronomicon...

I forgot about the TRU event on Nov 20th - that's our next thing not the BPO Concert.

~Doc_Bev

21. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    I can come...would you rather I go as Darth Maul or Chewie?..i'll leave that up to you guys.

22. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    i'll be there for the event,but not the meeting earler. have to do midnight to 8, then 11pm to 7

23. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Any preference to which costume you would like me to wear? It doesn't matter much to me.

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    As for costumes choices... I'm making the assumption that KnightShade will be wearing his Chewbacca, so I say Darth Maul maybe for you JediMaster1610.
    We won't have any other Leias, Royal Guards or Maras that I know of - so I think any costume you want to wear would be fine DarSolo.

I know that had been some talk of offering to wrap presents - and I'd still be willing to do that, but we'd have to either have the supplies donated or buy them with club money.
    I had a cool idea for some SW and/or Rebellion gift labels that we could offer free to attendees. We could probably do that whether we wrapped gifts or not.

Also, I asked Fran at TRU if there was going to be a Toys for Tots collection bin at this event and she said yes - with it's own Marine! That should make for some cool pictures. And, if it matters, this is the night that Time Warner and Red Cross will be shopping.

~Doc_Bev

25. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Thanks, I was wondering if this event was open to the general public or just a specific group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.