main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY TRU event - Nov 20th 2005

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    It's after the store officially closes so I'm assuming you need an invite like the one we were invited to go shopping at last month.

~Doc_Bev

2. scafencer

scafencer Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    You can add me to the list,

I should have my nice shiny new FX saber by then :)

The only costume I have is the one I wore to the DVD release, If thats cool thats what I will wear. :)

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Volunteer List:
    (updated 11/16 at 10:45am)

Definites:
    Doc_Bev
    KnightShade
    DarSolo
    T_StarFlyer
    JediMaster1610
    Nevets
    SCAFencer
    RSWingnut
    Ayka
    MadKidJedi

Tentatives:
    TD-027
    TX4277

Anyone else? If you don't see your name on the list - please post.

SCAFencer the costume you wore for the DVD release would be just fine. :)

~Doc_Bev

4. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Wingnut goes Full 'Yes' for this one.
    Photography is my thing. :)

5. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I think I can be there.

6. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    I think I can, I think I can, actually.. since its after 7:00pm, and even If I get schedualed to work (the mall closes at 6:00 and we get out at about 6:30), I'd say Im a pretty safe Definate for this one.

7. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    I'm in. Who'd like to scoop me in the morning for the meeting, then I'll just bounce around with whomever for the day (much like last Sunday) through bowling, which I assume would be earlier this week, so we can suit up in time for the TRU thing at, what is it, 7:00? Hey! A successful run-on sentence! Didn't think I had it in me...

8. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I'll grab ya Dean.

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I mentioned to Fran that we were debating on offering gift wrapping for the attendees, but didn't have the funds to purchases the supplies. Fran offered to sell the wrapping paper at a discount and give us the tape - we would just need to provide the man power and the scissors. I don't know how many people will take us up on this offer since they have to buy the wrapping paper, but we'll see.

So I'm going to get to work on designing some gift tags that say "The Rebellion" on them to use as give aways. Also we could put out a "tip" jar and donate the money to Toys for Tots or something.

~Doc_Bev

10. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    DocBev- That sounds good. I may have some leftover gift wrap from last year, and maybe I'll grab some more at the dollar store. Probably oughtta grab some more scotch tape, too. Don't know how well I'll be able to wrap with my glove on, but I'll do my best. We are costuming, are we not? Was the proposed schedule in my previous post more or less correct? Toys for Tots would be great, and the obvious choice for this event's fundraising efforts. Have we sent our donation to The Dream Factory yet, and how much did we raise?

Scotty - Much obliged. You grab me, I grab you a Motti. Oh, and check your e-mail later today for that PP thing. I nearly forgot about it.

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    TRU will be providing the scotch tape - so don't worry about that. It might be a little awkward to be able to wrap gifts for free for some people, but then have to make others buy the wrapping paper. We should probably try to keep it all one way or the other. TRU will be offering discounted wrapping paper for the customers to bring over for us to use. We could bring in some left over scraps to wrap the smaller presents so that people don't have to buy a whole roll just to wrap a game boy game or something. But, I think for the majority we shouldn't bring in our own wrapping paper unless we're sure we could have enough to cover all 200 attendees and their presents.

We are doing this event in costume. But not everyone needs to wrap. We'll probably only have enough table space for 2-4 out of the 10 of us to wrap and the rest will be doing the things we normally do at these events: posing for pictures, taking pictures and handing out fliers.

I also posted a proposed schedule in the bowling thread. I think what you posted is about the same thing. Bowling will be earlier - before 2pm for sure I think.

I'll head over to the Astronomicon thread to talk about The Dream Factory raffle...

~Doc_Bev

12. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Yeah I'll just be doing Photography/Handling.
    My idea of gift wrapping is the ever lovely gift bag or newspaper :p

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I've only been able to find one pair of scissors so far, so if other folks could bring in a couple pairs that would be great.

I'm working on a lead to get wrapping paper donated to us, but I don't think we'll be able to get it in time. However, if all goes well (and if we choose to do this activity next season) we should have plenty of wrapping paper for next year.

~Doc_Bev

14. scafencer

scafencer Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Sorry all, I have to bail on this one. I have been sick all weekend, just woke up now and see what time it is. Catch up with ya at the VG toy show

15. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Ayka I still have your vent plate for your helmet so you can get it tonight when ya come over.
    I'll be home at 6.

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    That's OK SCAFencer! You didn't miss too much. Our wrapping paper idea bombed and our club table was in such an out of the way place that we barely had anyone pick up fliers. Although we did get one lady interested in having us attend her fundraiser on June 11th.

Here are the pics from the events. It was a little boring at the table, but it looks like everyone found something to keep themselves amused at the event.

Wingnut how many of the cards did you hand out? It looks like maybe one couple and one employee had their picture taken?

~Doc_Bev

17. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Yeah...it was DEAD as far as pictures go.
    Nobody wanted pictures taken, they just all wanted to shop and thought we were all pretty cool.
    I know Chewie tried to get a couple of kids for pictures but their responses ranged from shy to scared. <Sigh>

18. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I would have made the Henrietta TRU if I wasn't working. Sorry that it wasn't a big turnout.

19. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    JediMaster1610 has submitted a photo from this event to Bantha Tracks. We'll have to keep a look out in the next few months to see if it gets published either online or in the SW Insider magazine.

~Doc_Bev

20. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    Since there are some potentially humorous photos of me and some others from that event may I ask what photo out of curiosity?

21. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    I believe that you may ask such a question.

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Geesh...

I believe it was this one.

~Doc_Bev

23. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    haha, i bet they wouldve liked ponies and teddy bears...dont worry mike, i wouldnt go that low

24. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    As I told Wingnut, I have no objection to those pics being sent in. I think there are a few that would make great off-duty photos.

However that is a great pic :)

25. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    I just recieved a letter from someone at Starwars.com titled "Youre in Bantha Tracks Tonite!" and it said thanks for your contributions! I'm not a hyperspace member so I didnt get to check it out yet, but for those of you who are members check it out soon and see our spot on the website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.