main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY TRU Midnight Clones Release 7/25

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BobaChris12, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    TARKIN: You would prefer another city? A military target? Then name the system!

2. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I just called the store (twice) and it rang.......and rang.........and rang. Either they are int he middle of a robbery or there is a power outage (or any number of other things) near the store preventing them from hearing the phone or picking it up.

I will try again and send an email as well.

Part of me is thinking of just lining up in costume...[face_devil]

3. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Yeah, I know. My son, William - the Lego conisseur that he is - wants a Republic Gunship Lego kit. So that's where part of my AT-TE $$ is going. There's always my birthday in Novemeber ya'know. ;)

4. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Absolutely! But I get to push the landing platform button.

5. MakanPyralis

MakanPyralis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2005

Thats how things are there. Thats why I wanna go talk to him personally...seeing how this is tonight, are we going to do anything? ((meaning just showing up in costume?))

I was thinking, if people don't know we are going to be there...should we still go? I mean how many parents are going to take their kids to the store at midnight to be star wars toys? This is really aimed for the older collectors more then kids....

6. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Update!

Just called TRU. Bernie is off today but he spoke with another manager. We are back to having approval to appear. We can change inside the store and we need to arrive at edit: 10:45.

The store has no clue what is going on and has no idea how many people to expect. I advised that they are are the only store opening at midnight from here to Rochester. I think I scared the manager.

7. jedijaime

jedijaime Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    good news Jason got called off!! He'll be there 2.

8. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    That's good that he can make the event....bad that he'll lose out on money.

9. jedijaime

Nov 17, 2002
    he needs a little break from there. he's been working his butt off.

10. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Has anyone heard from Eli?

11. jedijaime

Nov 17, 2002
    nope did u try sendin him a pm

12. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    The more I think about it, let's meet at 10:45

13. MakanPyralis

MakanPyralis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    ok. so costume wise, what are you going as chris?

14. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    I haven't had the time to fix up my snowy, so all I'm left with is Vader right now.

15. longbino

longbino Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2004
    Wish I could say the same! I got the opposite and was called in tonight:mad:
    They decided to extend our gas card promotion through Sat. so it looks like I am getting the shaft again.

Probably wont make it there sorry guys I was really looking forward to it. I will keep trying to get a replacement for me though at work. Looks like I will be hanging out in the parking lots at Wal Mart and Target in the AM.

16. jedijason8080

jedijason8080 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2002
    10:45 roger roger

17. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Aaron, you march in there and tell the Chief that Darth Vader commands he give you the night off!!!

18. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    :( Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it tonight- I've been sick since yesterday and I had to go to work today. Thought I may be better by now. :( Plus I just found out that Rob has something planned tonight as well, so the sitter is bye-bye. SORRY! Wish I could have made it.

19. DarthMayer

DarthMayer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2006
    Would anyone be able to give me a ride?

20. longbino

Sep 22, 2004
    Lol. I wish I had that power. Hope it all went well for thoswe that made it. I hope I fare OK tomorrow in the AM

21. jedijason8080

jedijason8080 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2002
    Its always fun to change in the parking lot. And [face_sick] puke a little from the smell of your costume!!

22. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    It's going in the wash today...and tomorrow...and once more before I wear it again!

Changing in the parking lot was not much fun, but the store really made it up to us with the crazy discounts and boxes of free stuff!!

Dan, I have your Grevious

23. longbino

Sep 22, 2004
    Glad it worked out for you guys ! A discount ? awesome! What free stuff did you end up with?

I got home from work at 6AM didnt sleep and went right out to get the stuff I wanted. It was nice cause the stores opening were staggered, Walmart at 7, Target at 8 and TRU at 9. It was a little busy at Target over their exclusive Clone Commander. Wal mart was not bad at all there were like 5 - 7 people there for Star Wars stuff. They easily had the most inventory and the best price by a dollar on figures and by $10 on the Falcon.

I was a little dissipointed by the way things were selling though. Back at Walmart at 12 they had not sold 1 Falcon and only one 1 AT-TE. Obviously TRU was out of them but they had a ton a figures and I walked right in and got a Greivous with no problem. And why is a basic figure with no clam shell or anything else $10 dollars?

Oh well I guess its just that no matter how sweet these toys are I think that they are really overpriced. I can get a complete vintage Falcon MIB for less than $150. People are starting to realize that a lot of this stuff isn't rare its massed produced and in large quantities will be available for a long time. I was able to get everything I wanted but passed on a PAdme at Walmart and cant find one now. It was the only one I saw there it is probably short packed. None the less I am having lots of fun with the few figures that I opened, and Nolan had fun fighting and pushing at Target to get his Obi Wan in trooper gear! Gotta start em early:oops:

24. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I got a rock :p

25. SirAntlers

SirAntlers Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 2007
    I'm iffy but I want to do this.....I'll let you know in the next few days...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.