main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TRU New stuff!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by southbeach, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I don't think you understand Eric, unless I'm mistaken...Brian was making a joke about GL's daughter. He doesn't think she literally was in the cantina scene.

It would be impossible for her to be in the movie, regarless of her age. Wasn't she adopted? I know GL was married, but I don't think they had any children. They adopted her, then he adopted 2 more after the divorce. They adopted her, after the success of "Star Wars"

2. southbeach

southbeach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Just went back and picked up some more saga figures. Although they didnt have Ephant and Clone trooper gunners they did have everything else. Also picked up a Silver 25th Anniversary R2D2 , looks pretty sweet. Happy Hunting.

3. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    thanks for the backup krash... good to know not everyone is dense... ;)

hey Random, were you one of the 15% that voted for Trafficant? ;)

-b-

4. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    No. I didn't vote yesterday. And today my history professor found out that 5 out of 20 students voted yesterday in that class. He asked us why, and when I gave him the real reasons, everyone in the class told me I should be President, and that our country would be a lot better off. I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING ABOUT THE TELLING ME TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT THING EITHER, THEY REALLY SAID THAT!

5. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    way to boast without backing it up... those reasons would be?

by the way, 5 out of 20 does not surprise me at all.

first, college students=younger voters and younger voters do not usually have the turn out that older voters do.

second, voter turnout was down throughout the state. i don't know the number for sure but i've heard 40%. the 2000 general election had well over 60% turnout.

third, how many of those students were absentee balloters and just didn't think to say, "oh i voted, but not today?" (i won't take any response on this point until you can get me numbers)

But all this is secondary to a very specific specific reason younger voters don't vote. younger voters don't know how they think they should vote!!

i have met very very few people under the age of thirty who can hold an intelligent conversation about political/sociological issues with anyone who has a significant amount aof life experience. younger people are too idealistic, and unfortunately, that does not get it done. otherwise, idealists would always be in power, and we wouldn't have any problems whatsoever.

so, try this random, go to any political function and talk to a mayor or council rep about any issue during an election period. i don't even care if you agree with them or not.

but be able to argue both sides, otherwise the guy will tear you apart. believe me, i've been doing just that for the past two years, and just when i think i have all the answers, they drop some other set of very pertinent figures in my lap. contrary to what lib ed institutions say, statistics do not always lie.

i recently had a discussion with a local politician about three major problem areas i see with this country, finance, education and tolerance. while my position on these is based on a very idealistic view, there may indeed be ways to get some these problems solved and maybe everyone'll be happy.... but probably not, due to the inherent greed in human nature. and THAT is where the real problem is.

back on topic: anyone seen any action fleet tie defenders lately?

-b-

6. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Umm...voting sucks. 'Nuff said.

7. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Back on topic. ;)

Anyone else get the new Mac Windu Unleashed Figure? That thing is da bomb, yo!

[image=http://cargobay.starwars.com/toys/otherfigures/unleashed/hcc_unmace.jpg]

I've had the Maul figure for awhile. That one is all pretty cool. Now if they'd only make a Qui-Gon Unleashed...

8. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    This post was once a huge reply to Brian asking me what my reasons were for not voting... but I have since moved that to the political arena thread for organization's sake. Discuss your politics there!

9. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    You mean there's new ones? All I can ever find is Jango and Maul...not that I'd want Mace anyhow...still have a grudge on him ever since he gave Jango a trim above the neck...I really want the Tyranus one myself, that lightning pwns...

10. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Thank you for moving the politics to another thread...I was about to say something.

Silver R2-D2 is available (this week only) when you spend $20+ at Toys R Us...not difficult to do with the new stock in. Emily and I each have an R2...so get them while you can.

11. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Silver R2-D2 is available (this week only) when you spend $20+ at Toys R Us...not difficult to do with the new stock in.

Shoot. I already spent over $20 in figures... at different stores.

They also have an Anakin Unleashed figure, but I think they changed it a little bit from C2. I saw one the other day, and the lightsabers weren't the same, and I had seen one like the one that I saw at C2. (See my pics from C2 in my profile.)

12. southbeach

Apr 4, 2002
    Has anyone found Ephant man anywhere. Just wondering if he is out yet. Apparently he has been in other states, but I havent found one yet here.

13. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    There is an Anikan Unleashed, Vader Unleased, and a Padme Unleashed, but they just aren't as cool as the Mace figure. Vader is close, but it's not the dramatic/action pose that the others are.

14. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Yes, I did see Ephant man in a store when I was looking for my interactive R2. I want to say he was at the Wal-Mart in Brooklyn/Parma on Brookpark Rd., but I'm not positive. I went to so many stores I don't remember which one I saw him in.

15. southbeach

Apr 4, 2002
    I was there a few days ago but I didnt find him. I will try there today. Thanks for the info.

16. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Has anyone seen the sets at Target or anywhere. I have the hoth but I want MORE of them!!!!

I have the Padme and Anakin Unleashed. Both are really cool, I can't imagine anyother one better. :D :D

17. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Sorry Zod, we're out of those (R2's)and never got in Ephant man. If anyone needs to ask about SW toys at the Brooklyn/Parma Wal-Mart, for those that don't know, I DO work there, not in toys (electronics actually) but I can still check stuff for you guys. So yeah, we're out of R2, and Ephant man is nowhere in sight...got some Republic gunships in tho...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.