main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX TRU

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by jwa1107, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwa1107

jwa1107 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    anyone know if(which) local TRUs will be participating in the midnight toy sale on the 23rd?

2. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I called their local corporate office and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. We are going to find out and most likely make it an event. More to come as we find out. :D

:cool:

3. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    when I called around up here in denver the story I got from every store was to call back that week.
    oh well I can wait the extra 7 hours and hit walmart.

4. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Yep, the Evil Empire ;) has started stocking shelves with AOTC merchandise...small and large figures, Legos, ships, and accessory sets have been spotted.

April 23rd release date? What'choo talking about, Willis?! :cool:

5. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    What the heck? If this is right, not a single Toys R Us store in the Metroplex is doing the Midnight Madness thing. What's going on?

Click here for details

6. Super_Collector

Super_Collector Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    The link above is often 'down due to excessive bandwidth useage' ... the list only shows three Texas TRU's.

State Store # Store Name
    TX 7010 SOUTH AUSTIN
    TX 7019 BAYBROOK
    TX 7032 N. SAN ANTONIO

If you'd like to see the whole list, and the link above is down, send a blank message to: TRUlist@StarWarsGuide.net and the autorepsonder will send you back the entire list that was posted by the theforce.net reader. (The autoresponder dumps all incoming messages, so don't send any questions or expect a reply. =)

7. jwa1107

jwa1107 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    I looked at the list from the e-mail and if we are to believe the 200 stores figure in the earliest reports, then this list is incomplete. I count only 122 stores...

8. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Y'all aren't the only ones that TRU passed by. Not a single store in the state of Tennessee is having Midnight Madness. So, we are all taking our business to Wal-mart. We'll be able to purchase the secondary merchandise there too, including the soundtrack and the novelization :) BYE BYE BYE TRU! None of our business for you :( :p :D

9. Rebel_Rouser

Rebel_Rouser Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2002
    Anybody call up & talk to the TRU managers?

Surely they don't want the Wal-Marts to rake in all the dough for Clones merchandise!

10. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Unfortunatley the managers have no control over this. I talked to our local TRU manager and she said that this comes directly from the Corporate office. If they say we can't open the doors at midnight, then we can't, end of story.

11. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    We'll see what response this gets, I submitted an inquiry on their official site:

Please let me know why your corporate office has decided to not allow any of your stores in the Dallas/Fort Worth area to open at midnight April 22/23 for the release of merchandise related to the new Star Wars film, Attack of the Clones, while lists released on several internet news sites such as http://www.theforce.net/collecting/index.html#15339 indicate that some stores in much smaller markets in Texas will be participating in this event.

Dallas-area stores have been contacted and the managers have stated that they have no control over this.

Why would you want to lose a significant amount of sales in a large market to Wal-Mart or other retailers who will be open at this time?

Myself and many collectors like me would much rather purchase merchandise at one of your locations to show support for Toys R'Us, but not participating in this event will convince many to take their business to Wal-Mart.

We would appreciate it if you would reconsider opening a select number of your Dallas/Fort Worth locations at midnight on April 22/23 for this event.

I'd much rather be at Toys R'Us, but if pressed will take my business to the Evil Empire [face_plain]

12. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    And for anyone else wanting to send a message asking why Toys R'Us is dissing our DFW midnight bling-bling, send 'em a message

13. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Just got back a response, they appear to operate in the standard, circular argument internet customer mode:

Thank you for contacting Toys "R" Us regarding our Star Wars midnight
    madness promotion.

We do apologize, but a limited number of stores will be participating,
    and a variety of products will be offered. For more information, please
    contact your local Toys "R" Us store.

To find a store near you, go to www.toysrusinc.com
    <http://www.toysrusinc.com>. Click on the Toys "R" Us logo and then
    select the Store Locator option to the left of the screen.

Please feel free to contact us with any further questions.

Sincerely,

Dawn Gillette
    Guest Relations Representative

14. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    lame form letter.

15. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Awwww.... they care enough to send you the best! :)

16. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I must say, I do feel for y'all. That really does suck. However, it is nice to know that for once, it wasn't Houston that was passed over.

Houston, San Antonio, and Austin, eh? Well, I understand the first two, but having Austin and not DFW? Strange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.