Calgary Truce Fest II

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by SithatHeart, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithatHeart Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Attention Rebels, Imperials, Bounty Hunters and Assorted Scum & Villainy: For one night a year, all Rebel and Imperial Warriors lay down their weapons and lift their glasses together in peace. That night is Galactic Trucefest.

This year, Galactic Trucefest II, a celebration to honour all things Star Wars, will be held Friday, August 11, 2006 at 8:00 PM in the Parklands Room at the Best Western Holiday on Macleod Trail in Calgary. For those of you who are on the ball, you will note that this event is part Con-Version this year!

This is your chance to meet members of the 501st Badlands Garrison and the Calgary and Edmonton FanForce and cut an intergalactic rug to the tunes provided by our own Clone Trooper-run Quests End. Everyone is welcome -- you do not have to be a member of any of club to attend.

What do you need to do? :confused:

1. Bring $5 - Con Admission for Friday is $5. This money goes directly to the Con and does not represent payment for this party. If you are buying a weekend pass, this is event is included in your membership.

2. If you wish to consume blue milk or other wobbly-pops, bring additional funds. The bar is run by the con-suite and operates on a donation basis. You must be 18 standard years to consume intoxicants and don't even think about imbibing & piloting craft.

3. If you have costumes, homemade props or collectibles to show-off wear them or bring them. This is your chance to show your gear to what may be the largest SW Fan Gathering in Alberta this year! A more appreciative audience will be harder to find.

4. Tell your friends!!!

5. Give special thanks to Veritate & Dr. Haggis for helping organize this event. Please express your gratitude to DarkRobe for providing his DJ services to TruceFest free of charge. Without them, the galaxy would be a cold place. =D=

I would be honoured if you would join us.

Sith@Heart / TK-5059 / Michelle

P.S. I will be contacting those who volunteered shortly.
    P.P.S. If you are interested in assisting, please let me know. I will put you to work!
    P.P.P.S. You can direct your questions to me or post on the boards.
  2. echosevin Jedi Master

star 4
    Sweet! Another SW geek out day!
  3. Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling

star 2
    2000 hrs huh?, I have been looking forward to this event and will definitely be there!
  4. SithatHeart Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Can the powers that be, please make this into a stickie? Pretty-please?
  5. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  6. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, I got back to work tonight (after a wedding in Edmonton on the weekend), and found that our work schedule till the end of August has been posted.

SWEEEEEEET!!!! I got the whole Con weekend off, but have to work at 0800hrs Monday morning. Anyway, I can finally and wholeheartedly say............."I'll be there!!!"

I'm still trying to decide where I'll spend Friday and Saturday night, though. I can stay in Airdrie for free, and comfortably, save maybe 15-20 minutes driving and stay at the Airport Delta for $59/night (staff rate :p ), or..........explore other options that I don't know exist yet.

As sweet as it would be to stay right there, $130/night is just a little pricey for me and my lowely paycheck, especially for 2 nights.

Anyway, NOW I'm getting excited. Hopefully I can get my newest lightsaber finished by then. ;)
  7. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, after carefully scrutinizing my budget for the next month, it looks like I'll be taking the 'free accommodation' route.

Shawn - I gladly accept your offer (from PM)
  8. ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Countdown: 7 days, 7 hours, 30 minutes. Drop your blasters, it's almost party time! Blue milk and wookiee-ookiees!
  9. SithatHeart Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hey look - they're forecasting showers for Trucefest. Why am I not surprised?? [face_laugh]
  10. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    It's got to be an annual thing. At least there will be no flooding this Trucefest.
  11. veritate Jedi Youngling

star 2
  12. DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling

star 1
    What a ROCKING good time!

Trucefest II was THE most happenin' party of the night at Con-Version!

Thanks to Michelle, and Robe, and all the others that had a hand in organising this year's event!

There was no flood, but the Fire Department came by anyway!

;)

13. Jordain Jedi Youngling

star 1
    What a great time that was! Thank you to everyone who put in the time to make this happen. :)
    I'm so pumped I can't sleep...must go to sleep to be there on time tomorrow...
    :D
  14. Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'm bummed that I missed it, but I will see you all after work Saturday for the contest. If the Dooks are reading this, I still want those toys...ahem collectibles.
  15. Talmerith Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Um... I still think the Furries had better music. [face_cow]

EDIT: This is Kosmic hijacking Tal's account again.
  16. TD8828 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hats off to Robe, our resident DJ of the 501st Badlands Garrison you did an awesome job buddy and deserve our gratitude.=D= *pats Robe on the back* and great job to everyone who set up and tore down.
  17. liannb Jedi Knight

star 5
    had a fantastic time, the whole weekend was a blast, it was nice seeing you all again :)
  18. Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling

star 3
    This weekend was killer and i had an awesome time. Made some new friends, got to hang out with some old ones, probably got some interesting pics . . .very tired. It's a good weekend when you go home and just crash cause you are so worn out.
  19. ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    This weekend rocked! Thanks for being my dance buddy Sarah.[face_dancing] It made the weekend that much more enjoyable. And thanks for letting me dance with your bucket on my head, Trip!
  20. Jordain Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Anytime, Shawn! Little did I know that star wars fans were such great dancers! We could form our own group...maybe jabba would hire us! ;)
  21. LEXIAL Jedi Youngling

star 2
    :_| I am sad the weekend is over !!!! Too bad we can't rewind. I had a good amount of fun..don't want to go back to work tommorrow. Gotta pay the bills though. It was great to meet new people, try new things and to party with our friends. I ended up sleeping 15 hours straight was I ever tired. No wonder I wasn't feeling well on sunday.
  22. Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling

star 2
    That would be a great group costume, Jordain!

We could all be Jabba's slaves and cut some serious rug :)

I had a great time at Trucefest too - many many thanks to S@H and Robe and everyone who contributed.
  23. echosevin Jedi Master

star 4
    Trucefest ROCKED!! Muchos gracias to Robe and Michelle for organizing THE shindig of the year!!
  24. Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    What a blast! Trucefest was great, thanks for organizing it Michelle! And Robe, you guys were great!
  25. SithatHeart Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hey all -

Sorry I've been out of touch; work has been pretty crazy.

To Kent & Rae -- thank-you so much! The weekend was a great success and it was all due to you and your volunteers.

To Robe -- you are awesome. Thank-you to you and your crew for donating so much time and effort to make Friday evening a success. Your set-up was unbelievable and we were so lucky to have you.

To all those who donated to the silent auction -- wow. You were all so generous. I'd name you all, but so many people donated that I would miss someone and feel terrible. I want everyone to know that thanks to your generous donations we have currently raised $300.00 towards bringing Mr. Bulloch to Calgary. I am still trying to reach a few people who bid; if I can collect on these items, we will have raised $380.

To Kosmic -- congratulations! You just volunteered to co-ordinate next year's music. Your budget: $0.00. Good luck! [face_laugh] I'm kidding -- everyone has different musical tastes -- I loved the music!

Cheers to all!
    M.

*** EDIT ***

Of course - as per usual - I've forgotten to thank someone very important: BobaJay. Thank-you for all your hard work this weekend. I've never seen someone so tired, yet so full of joy (kinda' like a mom who just had a newborn).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.