main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Truce Fest II

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by SithatHeart, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iRob

iRob Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    You forgot a very special person:

The Illustrious, Glorious, and Wonderful Michelle, for putting together the best Trooper/Jedi love fest of the season.

"Mad Props" as the kids say. Yes: "Mad Props" Indeed, to Michelle.

iRob

2. Talmerith

Talmerith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2005
    Kosmic here, since I can never successfully log as myself.

Beware, I have a new mandolin and have been learning to play Vode An on it. I suspect in a year, I will have several unplugged Mandalorian tunes ready to go. For good measure I might work it out on guitar so I can accompany myself. :p

3. Darthrobe

Darthrobe Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2002
    Thanks for the comments everyone and thanks to Michelle for looking after us throughout the night. I can't even begin to describe the nightmare that was setting up. In 20 yrs of DJ'ing, I've never had so many problems. Michelle was instrumental in making sure that we had drinks and she made sure we had nothing to worry about at the end of the night.

A point to Kosmic, did you come up and request a song at least from the request book?
    If I had the song, it got played.
    BTW: Our gift to TruceFest was $775+GST (Michelle donated $80 to our staff to split; which is totally appreciated!).
    Our DJ Rig Stats for that night:
    - You heard the only pair of JBL SRX700 in Western Canada; played for the first time. The speakers are 800W continuous each.
    - 2100W at 8Ohms (new amps are in, we're now 4400W)
    - 18 effect lights and 20' of lighting; unfortunately it was the fog machine that set off the optical fire-alarm. Guess we should have used the hazer more.
    - We bring over 800CDs to every function, that's 280lbs of CDs.

4. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    That's totally wizard equipment you've got Robe. And for the record, I loved the music. A good club mix, plus a few tunes that were just plain geeky fun. Of course when you're a Jedi, wearing a clone bucket, holding a DC-15s, and grinding with a hot brunette, that makes everything more fun.

5. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    you guys did an awesome job. music was great :)

6. Talmerith

Talmerith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2005
    I am sorry, it was not my intention to seem down on the music setup. It was quite effective, was of excellent quality, and everyone involved happened to be having a good time of it. I t was incidental that the music the furries were playing was at the time more aethetically pleasing to me, and only reflected my personal preference and nothing more. Rereading my first post, I can see how that didn't look right. So once again I am sorry. As for making a request, I wouldn't even know where to start. Most of the stuff I listen to is pretty obscure or not dance-friendly, and the mainstream stuff I don't have much of a clue about.

So I will repeat what I said when I was suddenly put on the con's Doctor Who panel. "I really have to learn to keep my mouth shut".

[face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.