main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Truce?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Preachrman007, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    The last couple of weeks here on the boards have been...problematic, to say the least. A small matter has blown up far out of proportion. What should have been quick and quiet has become a virtual shouting match [face_beatup] . After much deliberation with Nathan and prayer on the matter [face_praying], I have come to the conclusion that I'm tired of it all. I just want to put it all behind us, therefore I'm starting this thread. I'm asking that ALL parties involved (you know who you are), use this space to apologize for the harm we have caused this club. Because I consider myself to be an honorable individual, I will take the first step in this detente.

I apologize for the words I used in "Petition" thread. While I feel that I was defending a friend (and that I refuse to apologize for), I acknowledge that I was intentionally hostile and baiting in my posts. I don't apologize for the thread, just the way I presented it and later responded. I don't wish to imply that new members are lesser, my comments were intended to provoke a specific response from a specific person, and THAT I apologize for. I will be writing that person a PM, what I should have done originally, in the terms that I should have used originally, ie. expressing how I felt about the problem rather than blowing up. Hopefully, by having a dialogue, this person and I can reach an understanding rather than fighting.

Again, I would like to see all parties utilize this thread to start to fix the damage that's been done to our club. I would even like to see an acknowledgment from the mods, but I don't see that happening. Let's just all settle this and be done with it.

2. JediAtticusFinch

JediAtticusFinch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2004
    I apologise for having an inappropriate signature. I simply thought it was funny. Apparently not everyone agreed, significantly enough that they found it offensive. In future, I'll try and do a better job of working out what others will find offensive and what they'll find funny.

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Guess again [face_peace]

Not only would I like to acknowledge that a thread like this is an excellent way to get past the recent events, I also hope you guys had a similar "good conversation" (for anyone who's seen "The Last Samurai" you know what I mean) at your in-person meeting as well.

For my part, I'd like to apologize if my manner of handling this case seemed harsh and/or out of proportion with the cause. There was some background info, that I'm not permitted to discuss with the general public (your admin records here aren't for public discussion), that influenced the decision/response. As a moderator, I like to work directly with the person involved (and the local CR if needed) and that's it.

Hope everyone can understand that...and I hope this will mark the end of a minor bump in the road, for what historically has been a great FF to work with!

4. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    I apologize for not having posted this sooner, I had a very busy weekend.

I think a lot of the issues with what I did were based upon misconceptions. Some people thought that I was like a little snitch running to a mod and that I had it out for Stacky and was basically attacking him.

The fact that Stacky was banned has nothing to do with my suggestion that he be temporarily banned. Here for your viewing is the original and only PM I sent Krash in regards to Stacky and his signature.

Subject: Stackpole_The_Hobbit needs a signature change.

Body: "performing oral sex on yourself is quite a trip"
    is not an acceptable signature.

Thanks.

MSD

I went to our Mod in hopes that Stacky?s signature be deleted. Then after Krash didn?t read it after a short while, it was suggested that I PM Jedi_Dajuan so she could get it changed and I did exactly that. I PM?d her and also suggested that Stacky be temporarily banned. Not to nail Stacky or have a suggestion be an assault upon him but basically as a time-out. I have been temporarily banned myself (long time ago) and that time in fact did turn out to be a cool-down period for me to rethink my previous action/behavior/whatever and I became wiser for it. I was hoping that it would have had the same effect for Stacky. When I suggested the ban I wasn?t mad or angry, or upset. I wasn?t out to teach him a lesson or to try and rule over him. I also think that it serves to note something that you all may not even realize?

When Jedi_Dajuan informed Krash of what happened my suggestion of a ban never reached Krash. It died with her and was never implied or acted upon. Krash had no idea I suggested it. His ban was the decision of the mod/mods and their decision alone.

I did say this at the GM and I think the people there knew where I was coming from. Anyone can suggest a ban. Why? Because it is just that, a suggestion. If I were to ever do anything that greatly offended a person and they deemed it necessary, for whatever reason, a ban would be a sufficient method to grab my attention then so be it. It?s not meant for a means of punishment.

I was not acting out of arrogance or superiority. I do not feel that I am a better member than others or that I am more important. No way, not at all. I am just as important as the founder and just as important as the newest member that has yet to join us.

Also remember this. We have another message board on www.epicplastic.com/evillejedi.htm that I own, literally. I am the Administrator of it and I have made Nathan the Mod over us. I have the power there to ban anyone at anytime. Did I ban Stacky from it? No. Because I was never out to make this personal.

I will say this; I do not regret anything that I have done. I made a decision that I felt was in the best interest of our Fan Force. If I had to do it all over again, I may have changed the way I did it. I think it all has to do with trust. I did not trust that Stacky would do it at my request. I did not trust that Nathan reads the boards on a consistent basis. I now realize even though he doesn?t post daily that he does indeed check the boards.

I also realize that the TOS does say that Adam is indeed a full fledged member. Before I was unsure as to his exact status. I do apologize for possibly implying that Adam was not a full fledged member.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.