main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph True Blood (All seasons at once! Wow! Amazing!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Jun 13, 2010.

1. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Another good episode. Mostly filler, but it brought the baby storyline to a somewhat satisfying conclusion. It was the weakest subplot of the season, and was pretty much all over the place, but I'm happy with how it ended. Who would have thought that the storyline of Jesus and Lafayette would go from being connected to the witches to Lafayette being pocessed by a lady who wanted her baby back?

Intesting none the less, and it's good they concluded one storyline early so it wouldn't clutter the final episodes.

and damn if Jessica ain't just plain adorable. I must say I enjoy the Jason and Jessica love story.

2. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I used to hate the werewolf plot, but I really love Debbie's character right now. Wasn't what I was expecting.

3. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    I thought the 'Tommy' plot was dying down but you have to admit, for a total screwup, that boy has some balls doing what he is doing!

Jesus and Lafayette seem to be getting set up for however this thing ends with Marnie/Antonia. I would almost place money on it....

ALMOST! [face_devil]

4. WookieePox

WookieePox Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2011
    So glad the baby Mikey storyline ended, it was time. Ready to be done with Tommy too I think.

Poor Eric is getting to be more and more zombie by the minute - not sure how he's getting out of this one. This subplot is going in a different direction than it did in the books (as most of the story does).

Add me to the list of people who are actually starting to like Debbie now, who would've thought?

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Only three episodes left. UGH! Not enough!

The threesome dream sequence was hilarious. Unlike Twilight you can have a real Team Eric vs Team Bill competition since the writer/director of this show has said it could go different from the books.

The scene where mom and baby were removed from Lafayette was sort of cheesy. The special effect was bad, but basically excusable. I do hope they disdain from that as far as how it looked.

I will also be a critic for the Sookie escape scene as Antonia/Marnie can seal the room so multiple people cannot escape but Sookie was able to take her time while Antonia/Marnie stood there yelling over it right after the gunshot. It's just bad action editing. A second here or there and it would work a little better.

I wish they would pull back on the superspeed special effect just a little. If they can move that fast all the time they would be utterly unstopable. This is a minor gripe, it is a fantasy show, but you have to break the laws of physics carefully or else it looks too silly.

I predict Alcide will become the pack leader at some point. I am willing ot bet he gets to sleep with Sookie at some point but that is almost a little too expected and they could easily have them just be concerned friends for each other.

I have to say, Tommy could just be killed at any time and I will be ok with it, but he did take his brother's place and spare him a problem if only temporarily.

For such a sloppy episode I had a lot to say, huh?

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I thoroughly enjoyed that episode. Each storyline was satisfying.

7. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I was truly hoping that Tommy would be killed this episode. Alas, it didn't happen.

Speaking of superspeed, I was annoyed at how at a loss Bill seemed when the blood wasn't working and he was like "omg idk what to do now". How about taking her to a hospital, you moron? With your vampire superspeed you'd be there in no time. I know it's a fantasy show and common sense is an unheard-of concept, but srsly people.

8. WookieePox

Jul 14, 2011
    Bill didn't need to help Sookie anymore - the credits cured her!

I also thoroughly enjoyed the major drama regarding Hoyt's pants. We got a real tragedy here people - Hoyt is OUTSIDE with NO PANTS!!! :eek:

9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I was gonna sat perhaps Bill did not take her to the hospital because then they'd have some explaining to do but then he and the other vampires coudl just glamour the staff to recall nothing.

You know, Andy did delay the rescue of a child from an armed kidnapper because he didn't want to see Hoyt's junk. 8-}

10. WookieePox

Jul 14, 2011
    Yes, but then he forgot to bring the pants! Bubba needs to get off the V, pronto.

11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Hankie up, True Blood fans. Not everyone survives the Halloween clash between vampires and witches in the fourth-season finale. "There is a body count by the end," says creator Alan Ball. "It's more than one death?people we know and love?and it's pretty shocking."

[face_worried]

12. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    They better not kill Tara.

13. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    The way things are going, it might be Erik, though I hope not [face_worried]

14. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    I hope they kill Eric, Bill and Alcide and the next season is Sookie realizing that she should have kept a lower profile as vampires hunt her.

15. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    spoilers...

16. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Eric dying would be a bummer. Well sort of. Puppy Eric is annoying. I want bad ass viking Eric back.

17. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Doubt they'll kill Eric. Think real hard on who's really expendable, who if dies probably won't cause that much of a loss in viewership. So I'd say Sam, Lafayette, Bill, Eric, Alcede, Sookie(obviously), Jason, Jessica, and Andy will probably make it.

Unfortunately, Tara doesn't bit the bill. There's really no place else they can take her character, unless she becomes one of the supernatural. Big feeling that she won't make it. Do you really honestly think they'll keep her alive so that next season something ELSE will happen to her that makes her hate her life and the supernatural? She's a very tragic character, and unfortunatly the only real fitting end to her storyline is to die.

Probably count on the possibility of Hoyt, Tommy, and Jesus taking the dirt nap as well.

and on a side note, the creators of this series probably need to start thinking of ways to bring it to and end. It's true that as long as Harris keeps writing the books, they can keep adapting, but at some point it's just going to get stale. I'd like to see a series like this go out on a high note.

and to add to that side note, I'm really beginning to feel that of all the people on the show, Jessica, has becoem the most interesting an compelling. IT really should be her show.

18. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    I think the only way they could make tara live is by making her vampire, and that's it. Which could be interesting.

19. Jack1138

Jan 8, 2005
    I think Tara will stick around.

The 2 I am looking at dying the MOST are Lafayette and Jesus because of the powers they hold. Only one or both of them could wind up taking down Antonia/Marnie.

...Just speculation. ;)

[face_devil]

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Bye bye Tommy

22. Jack1138

Jan 8, 2005
    That worked perfect for me!

Marnie now seems to be the evil one. Even Jesus is freaked out. Eric is now back to himself but a bit changed. The whole Terry/Andy thing was a distraction.

Marcus and Debbie?! TROUBLE! Alcide and Sam show up for a throwdown! Did I see Eric and Bill burning at a stake in a preview? YES!

[face_devil]

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Marnie has become a power hungry *****. Antonia is a manipulated spirit at this point, and not the evil one.

I posted "Team Ninja Vampire" on facebook and got a few 'likes'. Also, someone called them the A-Team for the ending and I corrected them with V-Team and folks started using it. [face_mischief]

Again I have to say the energy/magic special effects are a tad too cheesy. They need to minimize it.

I did not look to see if I said it before but I think Alcide will become a pack leader.

They did a good job with Tommy's death, it was a synpathetic scene, but otherwise good riddance and on with Sam.

I am brainfarting on her name and character name right now, but Sam's new girl who is also the ex of the current pack leader? She was on Attack of The Show last week. She is a mega nerd woman, she is a big gamer and apparently a hacker of some sort.

Yay for Andy.

24. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Eek for previews...

And yay for the mega nerd gamer hackers!!!

Only 3 episodes... too few, too few...

Currently re-watching whole season so far on the DVR

25. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    I liked Jessica's expression when she was sitting in the back of the van on the way to the emporium.

Also, I've seen the joke done a few times, but I always think it's funny when black people are referred to as moors.

That is all.