main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph True Blood (All seasons at once! Wow! Amazing!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Jun 13, 2010.

1. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Cowboy is in this season. That's Awesome.

2. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    So bad. So campy. SO BADDD.

3. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I seriously have no idea whats going on in this show anymore.

4. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Yeah I feel like they've ventured into fanservice/fan fiction territory hardcore.

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Quote of the night: "I hate th ebeach. Fish piss and sand in your cooch."

Don't know what was so bad about the episode. It's a bit messy but still fun. My only complaint is that earlier seasons were more mysterious but the progression should not be shocking as the world is well aware of their existence. I forget his name but the man who has been in charge for 5 seasons is still there but has moved out of daily control.

I don't think Luna is dead. No classic checking of the neck. I'm betting she tricked her way back in.

I thought the Governor was the same guy who was a former customer of Lafayette but it is a different character.

6. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I don't believe Bill for a second. Other than that I don't know what else to say except that I missed LaLa.

7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I did not believe Bill either, he wants to keep that power but still be Bill...who is not really that nice and he's power hungry though not utterly evil. However with Lilith's warning at the end Bill is not going to get what he wants.

I want to say "It's good to be the Pack Master" but at the same time I am not terribly concerned about the wolves.

Andy's story with the rapid growth faries is gonna be fun.

8. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    This entire show is quite ridiculous but the werewolves are the worst IMO. Bunch of poor people drinking in the woods.

9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    lmao. I was hoping for bipedal badass 500 pound werewolves that make vampires sorts scared. I was ok with the dog version as presented on this show, it was something new, but it's just not that interesting anymore.

10. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    man what a butterface that new female werewolf is...

jessica's bewbs [face_love]

11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Too much in the way of fairy special effects make it look like Once Upon Time.

1st world problem in a world of vampire: you show up to let one drain you for money and they telekinetically break every bone in your body and drain you of every drop without touching you leaving you in an empty, dead husk.

Luna's daughter is taking her mom's death well.

Alcide turned into a grade a *******.

12. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
  13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Iron Man 3 is the only other thing I have seen her in.

14. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Thats why she looks familiar to me. It was bugging me.

As a book reader I am having a hard time believing Bill as the bad guy. I am watching some of the older episodes to see his downfall again and hopefully get into that frame of mind again after reading the last book. But man it is tough. The fairy stuff is some of the only stuff that makes sense to me right now.

Mobile sock of s65horsey

15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Bill utterly screw Sookie over. I dodn't know if he did the same thing int he books.

16. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003

What's different in the books at this point, if you can say? I don't mind spoilers if spoiler tags be needed.

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  18. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Hope this is ok. Putting book stuff under the Spoiler tag. I will say that the show is VERY different from the books but there are parts that overlap.

Ok so I was reading over some stuff on wikipedia (take that for what its worth) and it says that Bill raped Sookie when he drained her of blood after she rescued him and this didn't happen in the show as far as I know but I also don't remember that in the book. I might have to go back and check that out. It makes her reactions towards him make more sense. Anyways, so I've always not liked Eric. In the books he is the head honcho, Bill is never King and never wants to be king. Eric is power hungry in the books and will do anything to keep or better his status. He tricks Sookie into having his blood and forming a blood tie to her. He tricks her into marrying him in the vampire world. I really think the show has turned him into the good guy because of the female reaction to liking the actor.

But basically the reason Sookie decides to end things with Bill is because Eric tells her that Bill's maker sent him to Bon Temps to find out what Sookie was and he fell in love with her instead of turning her over to his maker, but he didn't tell Sookie this part so she ends it with him. Eric does all that other stuff and more since he's in cahoots with Sookie's fairy grandfather (which I'm hoping the show will allude to) and she still forgives him for everything.

After they break up Bill spends the entire rest of the series making it up to Sookie. He does not go off on a power hungry tirade and become the fallen angel or anything like that. I think he has one more mix up with her because Eric ordered him to do something that he knew would hurt Sookie and he couldn't tell her that Eric ordered him to do it. Basically Eric does this because he thinks he is losing her at one point to Bill and he wanted to make sure that didn't happen. I think in the last book Bill is finally able to tell her some of that stuff but it is too late by then.

Do you want other things or just pertaining to Bill, Eric and Sookie?

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Interesting. At this point the show is "based on" rather than following. I recall a comic con vid with the cast on a panel where one fan asks if it is possible that Bill and Sookie would wind up together despite the show and the books and the then head hancho said that is not impossible and would just wait and see how the stories on the show went.

20. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    This show reminds me of a day time soap. I find myself less and less interested in what's happening to these people, even the one's i like.

Also it's pretty obvious that Ben in Warlow. Why? For one you don't introduce a new hero/love interest out of the blue the way they are doing with Ben. It's obvious the character has no other purpose then to be a possible love interest, thus there has to be something more to him.

Secondly, and I'll use TB world rationale to put the clues together. Sookie finds him wounded and Grandpa Fairy finds blood of Warlow at fairy bar. Right after Grandpa Rutger points out that Ben is wounded. Connection? Warlow/Ben killed everyone at the bar and was wounded, and then Sookie found him later.

The reason he can walk around in the sun is because he has all that fairy blood in him.

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    "Secondly, and I'll use TB world rationale to put the clues together. Sookie finds him wounded and Grandpa Fairy finds blood of Warlow at fairy bar. Right after Grandpa Rutger points out that Ben is wounded. Connection? Warlow/Ben killed everyone at the bar and was wounded, and then Sookie found him later."

In the preview Sookie asks him "Who do you want me?" But they have a history on this show for funky editing in their previews.

22. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003

It makes sense and I suspected that at first, but the problem with it is that he'd have killed her already if he was Warlow. He has no reason to drag it out with her death since he's waited long enough and he already killed the other fairies. The only way I can see around that is if Warlow isn't actually the season villain, but is just being portrayed that way right now. If he had other motives. But I thinkkkk this new fairy guy is there to fill the role of the season's nice guy. Since eric is too busy being a morally questionable badass and bill's character has been ruined beyond repair.

23. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    Even if he's not Warlow, I still think Ben is a shady character. He's too nice to be true.

I'd like to point out a few other things:
    1. I used to like Alcide because he seemed kinda level-headed considering all the crazy going around in this show, but since he became a pack leader he's being such a ****. Power trip, maybe?.
    2. I'd like to see more LaLa, I know previous seasons focused on him and his witch powers a lot so maybe they're trying to balance that out this season. I still think he should have more scenes :p
    3. ******* Eric is the hottest thing ever, glad he's back to normal.

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I love Andy and his fast growing fairy kids. I would like to see more of that dynamic in depth rather than watch Alcide be a were-jerk.

25. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I don't think Ben is Warlow. The vampires on this show/book have never had the ability to listen to thoughts and they've always attributed it to having fairy blood. I don't remember any of the vamps that have drank fairy blood getting mind reading as a side effect (but my memory is bad and I didn't rewatch seasons 1 and 2).

In the books there is a second character who can read minds that Sookie meets at the vampire Summit (which doesn't happen on the show). He serves a distinct purpose in the books so it is possible they wanted to introduce someone new who could be a possible love interest for Sookie since she goes through several more in the books without getting into the Were-tiger that is Quinn and also introducing a character that could become important later.