main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph True Blood (All seasons at once! Wow! Amazing!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    I've found the V tripping scenes boring since the first season. It also bugs me how taking a whole vial of V made Jason boner up for like a whole day, and sucking down vampire blood straight from the source leads to no awkward hospital trips for anyone else apparently. V is one of the stupidest things about the show.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    This might help

If vampire blood is taken by a human in a small dose (one or two drops), it is highly addictive, heightens the senses, and increases strength and sexual pleasure. However, if taken in a large dose, it causes different effects, such as healing someone who has injuries, even if they are close to death. If taken in a large dose when there is no injury on the human consuming the V, then they will have an extremely increased libido, men will experience an enhanced erection, heightened strength for several days after consumption, and feel unwell.

Preview for tonight

3. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    Sounds like fans trying to justify inconsistencies.

4. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Don't start *****ing when later on you don't understand one of the plotlines that's going on.

5. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    Eric has a screwed up ringtone on his phone. That was the coolest thing I saw.

Eric cannot die. He lives in the books.

The whole 'Gay' thing is getting played out. I dig Lafayette as a character but I need not see it so much.

Russel screaming in sunlight at the end was nice to see.

Now we wait 2 weeks for the end. Witches coming in season 4... I wonder if Holly is introducing that with Arlene? [face_devil]

6. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Witches? Oh for ****s sakes. I've had enough of the pagan rubbish on the show as it is. First Mary-Anne was lame as anything and this new hippie lady trying to get Arlene to have an abortion is getting on my [removed]. A whole season based on that would probably kill me. Why can't we just have vampires? Shows like always go to pot when they start with other things, like Buffy did.

Sey edit: Can't type that even if you black it out.

7. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    It's better than a show that had entirely Christian themes. Not as interesting as all the cool legend and mythology that this world produced over the thousands of years.

8. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Mustafar66, several things:

1. Just because you blacked it out, doesn't mean you can start verbally pooping.

2. If you hate the show so much, stop watching. No one really cares if you hated every season so far yet continue to watch it and then trash it in here. It's annoying. If you want a 100% vampire show, go make one.

9. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I don't hate the show, it's just there are several things that have annoyed me this season the further it's progressed. The characters are starting to seriously grate. The Jason and Crystal storyline is just awful. Then they went and killed off Franklin and Talbot who were two of the best characters in the show. Why they can't kill off useless characters such as Tara I have no idea. Sookie and Bill need to break up already, Sam has turned into an idiot, Arlene's a selfish cow and LaFayette's storyline is plain boring. I'm pretty much watching it only for Eric, Russell, Pam and Jessica's boobies.

Next season they really need all the characters back together in Bon Temps. Everyone's all over the place and I'm finding it difficult to care. It happened last season with the whole Godric/FOTS storyline, but that was redeemed by Godric being awesome and it wasn't the whole season.

10. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Ugh sometimes I wish people would be banned from having opinions.

11. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I'm sorry I'm not a mindless fanboy.

12. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    I don't understand all this Franklin love. His character was pretty played out by the time he kidnapped Tara.

13. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    That's not very polite.

14. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Because he was completely insane but really kind of funny. The way his character was killed off was lame beyond belief.

15. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    He was boring, after his insane nature was revealed, every line and action he had was almost the same. I feel like the random way he died was added in there because they realized they had nowhere to go with the character, but he had to be gone.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I did want more Lorena and Franklin, but they have been killed off. This does not ruin the show for me.

I am not gay. I watch this show and see dudes kissing dudes and laying with them while naked. This does not ruin the show for me.

Each season is based off a book or a slight combo of books(correct me if wrong) so there is only so much that is going to be there and many thigs will be reduced or changed or omitted or whatever.

The show as it is, is good. The acting is good, the story is great, the actors have their characters down, and so on.

I do not wish at all to tell people they cannot express an opinion, but this will not degenerate into a pissing match. I am not even kidding.

I do no wish to read the books at this time and make comparisons(I may go off on a Harry Potter rampage of reading soon).

Relax people, it's a tv show.

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Just watched the latest and enjoyed all the story lines. I sure those bored with the gay sex are happier now? I'm a suck for romance and Jesus and Layfette have the best one going, though Hoyt and Jessica are coming up from behind again.

Jack1138: Eric cannot die. He lives in the books.

You'd be surprised. There's those that died in the books and are still in the show. :p

Mustafar_66, this was never going to be about just vampires. There's lots in the books to choose from. Tara was practically insignificant in the books, but I love her more here. They need to kill off good characters. It would be worse to stretch them too thin as Heroes did to Sylar.

And just to defend it, I loves me some BtVS. Still my all time fave show. [face_love]

Plus I gotta side with Montie. Relax people, it's a tv show. And add, there'll be others to love and hate.

18. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    Eric needs to survive. I bet he does, and I bet Pam saves him. Too much of a major character. If he does meet the true death, I'll deal with it.

After all, I got 'Boardwalk Empire' to tide me over. :p

19. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002

Lol, Nice.

DVR!

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    "True Blood Truebies, you're in luck. Sunday night, while reeling from what you've just seen in the Season 3 finale, you can visit Bloodcopy.com to join a LIVE CHAT with Kristin Bauer van Straten (Pam) at 10 EST and Joe Manganiello (Alcide) at 10 PST. http://bloodcopy.com/"

We are called "Truebies"? I can live with that.

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The women of True Blood

SFW. Sunday I'll post a preview of the season finale. After that I shall start a new thread for season 4 or else just update this one, I have not decided.

22. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    We're all on the edge of our seats for your decision.

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Keep your diapers on.

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    TRUE BLOOD FINALE TONIGHT

Given their penchant in reviews for making things not to be what they are I shall make a gues that when Bill says Russel and Eric are gone that he is lying to someone. The former Queen perhaps.

25. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I like. Liked the strong message of there being no good or bad humans just humans. Who are like wise capable of both good and bad and some times at the exact same time.

Other stuff I liked.

Jason becoming the leader of the Werepanthers. I hope they do some cool stuff with that next season, and that it's not just him finding homes nad such for the people and that's it. Be kind cool if Jason has the authority to call upon his panthers to do his bidding.

Russell surviving. Leaves open the chance for a return down the road.

Steve Newman. I love seeing that dude.

Glad they found a way to keep Godric appearing every now and then.

Stuff I didn't like:

Spaceship. I don't put aliens in the same mix as mythological beings. Didn't mind it that bad, but I hope they don't force it(may not have been a spaceship). That crap ruined Indiana Jones.

I really don't understand the werewolves. They can transform at will anytime, but when the full moon hits they transform because they have no choice. Is that correct? I can't figure that out.