main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph True Blood (All seasons at once! Wow! Amazing!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    That was really painful to watch. I dunno, I don't have a problem with Rutina, Tara's my favourite character on the show.

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm not sure that other girl is necessarily a terrible actor but I do agree she wasn't right for this role at all. Tara is supposed to be extremely hostile. And Rutina tends to do a pretty good job at that part. Although honestly this girl's accent was a bit better than Rutina's, which is awful.

I have no problem with Tara as a character. I think as she's written she's really interesting and cool. She would be one of my favorites if she were played by someone more versatile. I liked Tara at first (though the accent always annoyed me). But it became clear pretty quickly that Rutina is not capable of honestly conveying emotions. Angry, scared, upset, etc... they are all the same. She just widens her eyes and her lip quivers. It's the same damn thing every time. She has one all-purpose "emotional" face and voice. And it's overacted to boot. It's pretty hard to overact in a show like this, but somehow she manages it.

Like I said, it's a shame because I like Tara as a character. I would just like her a whole lot more if played by a decent actress. It doesn't surprise me that Rutina wasn't in anything before this. She was fine for the pilot and beginning of the show, but unfortunately once they tried to give the character more difficult things to deal with, the actress just wasn't up to the challenge. Not sure they could have known that, but it sucks for them.

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Why would not fairy blood make one fly? I can buy the lying thing too, I would just like clarification at some point.

4. MissAmidala2

MissAmidala2 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    It's nice to know that others were disappointed with the finale. I watch it with a group and everyone really enjoyed it. It was ok but I was definitely not satisfied enough for a 9 month wait until Season 4. I'd really like to see Sookie with Eric next season, and see Sookie be more independent again. It's kind of annoying that Bill always has to save her.

5. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003

Yeah I agree. We need a stronger female lead, especially since Tara is probably not returning and she was the only one who was strong/not a psychopath.

6. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    I think overall the season was very good...I still like the first season better...the Ending left us with alot to thinkin about as far as going in season four....

7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I fully expect Sookie to find herself and be more capable of saving herself by more direct action, but I don't want that going overboard or else vampires and other supernatural creatures just become cannon fodder.

8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Damn, if only I hadn't gotten that second cup of coffee...I could have afforded that. [face_plain]

12. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    By now it is only worth about 5 grand. :(

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Cool. If I sold my bird, I could maybe scrape that together. :p

14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    'True Blood' star 'wants Sookie romance'

True Blood star Evan Rachel Wood has admitted that she wants her character Sophie-Anne Leclerq to begin a relationship with Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin).

The actress told Fancast that the vampire queen could pursue Sookie in the upcoming fourth season.

"I hope so!" she said. "Come on, it's gotta happen."

Discussing the character's sexuality, she added: "I don't think there is a preference for [vampires]. But she has made her choice. I would say she is a lesbian."

However, Wood admitted that she was uncertain as to her character's future on the HBO series.

"I honestly don't know what they are doing," she revealed. "But I know it is always going to be out of control."

True Blood is expected to return to HBO in the summer

[image=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy093.gif]

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm still waiting on some heavy Eric/Sookie romance. [face_love]

16. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    No, no a million times NO!

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  18. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    lol

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    [image=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-char018.gif]

20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Finally!!!! :D :D

21. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I hope that season 4 will get back on track unlike season 3. It has def been my least fav so far.

22. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I finally just read the books, and I really want the next season to focus on the plot of Dead to the World; mostly in the fact that Eric loses his memory and goes to hang with Sookie. I also do like that the love focus shifts from Bill to Eric, since I like him way more than Bill.

Edit: Well, watched the teaser video and that looks like exactly what they're doing. :D :D :D

23. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    And hence my 'finally'! I love the books and that's one of my fave. Eric. [face_love] [face_love]

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  25. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Love the interviews. I forget how many of those actors are not southern cajuns. lol

Eric [face_love]