main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW True Fan @ the Episode II Screening on Sunday, 12th May

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by mr_amidala, May 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_amidala

mr_amidala Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    Hey guys,

i know it's still a while 2 the beloved midnight screening of Star Wars, but it aint long till TOMMOROW!!!!

dont hate me too much, but ill b watching it Sunday, 12th of May.

no, i aint no media fool who is only watching it because it is my job 2 do so... im a fan with a will, and oh boy is it true that when there is a will there is a way... i found a way

im not posting here to boast (well, not only 2 boast ;) but im posting here to say A TRUE FAN will be one of the first people in the world 2 b watching Episode II.

i promise not 2 post any spoiler material here.. but i will tell u all how good it is

representing the fans of the world...
    mr_(joseph)amidala (well, all's true besides my sirname being amidala.. we all wish)

ps: i'll still b there for the midnite screening at fox.

2. Cockatiel

Cockatiel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2002
    So you got a copy through IRC and by watching on your computer at home your representing all the fans?

That's my guess. :confused:

3. mr_amidala

Apr 19, 2002
    i knew this would happen and i can so understand.

its the CORPORATE screening (and yes it is in a cinema from the movie real) for all the buyers and such like. it is not publicised because tickets r given 2 people who have a stake (monetary that is) in star wars episode II through merchandise.

believe me or believe me not... so be it...

im not trying to gain anything, i just thought fans might want to know

4. maestrino

maestrino Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    So you've invested in AOTC eh, mr_amidala?

5. Cockatiel

Cockatiel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2002
    Your initial post was vague and written with a style commonly used by young trolls ... what other conclusion could one draw? :confused:

6. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Sounds like someone has been reading dorktower again.

See Friday May 10th comic for details

Dork Tower

Sorry to mr amidala if this is wrong, however I couldn't resist. And in any case, i know 4 people who alrady have seen aotc via less than legal channels, and we'll leave it at that

7. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Tek, not to mention a friend of mine cot to see it on Friday. Legally, that is.

8. mr_amidala

Apr 19, 2002
    i so wouldn't believe me if i wasnt me (get it??) but i **** u not, in less than 15hrs ill b watching ep II (mayb i am posting 2 boast.. hehe).

i realise it was pointless posting this here, but a few forum friends of mine convinced me 2. they said that people would b glad 2 hear that not all the bastards that watch ep II before the public dont really care about star wars.. they said i should "represent" the fans. heck.. i dont really care, i just wanna watch it something fearce.

the only TRUE problem is going 2 b waiting till thursday 0:01 to watch it again.

AAAAAAAARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i cant wait til tommorow... mayb i should go 2 sleep so time will pass quicker...

9. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Swearing is not allowed here, unless its PG.

10. Count_D

Count_D Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    I know someone who saw it on Thursday.
    An official screening no less.

11. mr_amidala

Apr 19, 2002
    sorry bout the language

ill post tommorow nite...

....out

12. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Maybe he's a projectionist? ?[face_plain]

13. JediEnna

JediEnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Lucky you, mr_amidala. :) Just remember not to post any spoilers where an unwitting fool (eg me) might see them....

14. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    I sure would like 2 b u...

15. mr_amidala

Apr 19, 2002
    OH MY GOODNESS

guys.... there is no way any1 (fan or not) will b disapointed with this film.

from start 2 finish it was flawless, the effects, acting, sound (especially the astroid ring scene) and definately the SUPERB STORY.

i know the original trilogy was awesome story wise (ep 1 was cool as a intro to anakin.. but really.. y so much jar jar and cg fighting?), but ep 2 blows them all away.
    ill say nothing more than the FACT that this film was made not only for fans, but for EVERYONE (my girlfriend will really love it)

i know it still might seem i have just read the book or somefin, but i was at george st (FIRST IN LINE BABY - yes i have photos 2 prove it), sitting in the cinema by bout 10am (i was distressed cause i had 2 give the awsome ticket to the chick at the door, but thank the stars i got 2 back at the end of the film). rick mccallum was there to introduce the film (MAJOR BONUS).

the good news now is that i can read the book (adult and children), look through the visual dictionary and cross-sections, view all the web-sites and what-not, but the bad news is that i dont think... correction, i KNOW i cant wait till thursday 0:01 at fox 2 watch it again.....

.....the agony

mr_ (joseph)_ amidala

for proof 4 all those who dont believe me, watch 4 the part where jango is getting into his ship and watch as he almost hits his head on the door (i think ive seen something like that b4 ;) quite storm trooper remenicent )

16. mr_amidala

Apr 19, 2002
    I WANNA WATCH IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN........... NOW

IT'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I CANT WAIT

every1 get pumped cause ure in 4 the best movie experience of ure LIFE

17. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    w00t!

dude sounds awesome, and your hyping me up more curse you :)

18. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    u suposd 2 watch out 4 d spoilrz ^_~

19. Count_D

May 3, 2002
    Whats he like? Rick McCallum I mean.
    You saw it on Sunday an he was there? cool!
    What time was that?

20. mr_amidala

Apr 19, 2002
    rick mccallum is a lot chubbier since the ep 1 dvd clips.

he just said he hopes we all enjoy it and that we (the merchandisers, not that i am one) make a "s...load of money" from all the ep 2 stuff and he thanked every1 for their support.

he was supposed 2 b hanging around after the movie, but i dunno if i missed him cause i didnt leave til the end of the credits or if he wasnt there (i so wanted 2 shake his hand, get a photo and 4 him 2 sign my ticket, oh well, i saw the movie i think that's lucky enough) we did manage 2 take a photo of him in the cinema when he was talking though!!

the screening was at 10:30am in the cinema upstairs, first on the left (george st.). can u believe some fools turned up LATE??!!!?!?!?!? the insolence.

i cant wait til i watch it again (and again and again...) most probably more than any other fan, cause ive had a taste and i want more... MORE... MOOOORE!!!!!!!!

c u all @ fox.
    mr_ (joseph) amidala

ps: i started reading the book and it is sooooooooo kick ass!!!

21. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    I told you he's the projectionist! :D

22. Count_D

May 3, 2002
    He would have got away with it too except for those meddling kids...

23. oblio_fett

oblio_fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2002
    roh-kay! roinks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.