main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

True Life

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    True Life is a show on MTV that takes a certain demographic of people and does a feature on them. The next one to come on is called "True Life: I Have Embarassing Parents." This caught my interest because the one teenage kid has a father in his forties who is a TREMENDOUS STAR WARS FAN! The father was walking around in public wearing an Obi-Wan Kenobi costume, and the kid just had his head hung in embarassment. I think it is going to follow him thru Celebration II (I saw a ton of Boba Fetts, stormtroopers, etc), his collection, and other aspects of SW Random, um, fandom. I'm not sure what time it is on, but since tonight's was on Thursday 10:00 PM, I would check it out next Thursday at 10:00 PM. But don't quote me on that, that's just a guess. Anyways, it ought to be fun programming for all!

2. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    I'm throughing down my "shun" on you for constantly mentioning MTV. :)

3. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    It's on now, July 11, at 10:00 PM on MTV if you read it during this broadcast. the funny thing is the guy's name is charles king, and his wife's name is Ana, so that makes her Ana King (sounds like Anakin).

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Unless I am mistaken, I was just on this. When they show them walking in, passed a checkpoint, I'm wearing a black t-shirt w/tan pants walking the other way.

Edit: not me, oh well.

5. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    I just finished watching this episode. I felt bad for the father at the beginning. He loved Star Wars so much he had tears rolling down his cheek, and no one understood why. Then he takes his son to Celebration 2 and turns him into a fan. I wish my father would have taken me to Celebration. If you have not seen this episode yet, I highly suggest you do. It was very good.

6. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I agree Zod, I thought it was really emotional. People think I'm weird for liking SW (and I am), but they don't realize that I can totally escape all of my problems in the real world by delving into SW. And even then, I'm dealing with a lot of the same stuff Anakin had to, but it feels good to be able to relate to a character that closely. I've been trying to recruit people to SW for years, but to no avail, except for my Padawan, because I started when he was so young. I had to laugh though when the kid saw the clonetrooper helmet, and was like, so this would make me a bad guy, and the guy said yeah. (we all know the clones are good). That is unless you go from a certain point of view, then they are bad.

7. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    I like the part at the very end when their walking towards the door with a motion sensor above it. If you watch closely, the father (dressed as a jedi) waves his hand at the door and it opens up. Funny stuff! [face_laugh]

8. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah Zod, that was sweet. Too bad I've been doing that at grocery stores for years now too.

9. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    yep, another thing I miss while I'm on vacation...

Is it going to be on again?

10. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    It's going to be on tommarow evening (digital cable is a beatuiful thing).

I was really annoyed at the son, in the begining, OK you didn't like SW...fine but let your dad enjoy it with out constantly cutting on him. Noticed how his attitude changed after those girls wanted to get their picture ith the dad.

The best part of watching that segment, was looking around going "I was there," or "I saw that guy." The guys with the Clonetrooper/Stormtroper mixed outfit was cool. And I'd heard about "Admiral Daala" (Emily and Cindy knows who I'm talking about) getting proposed to outside during the group photo was so cool; because we'd met her on Friday.

11. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, I wasn't there, but from the pictures, I saw on the show the dude who was the Han from the constantly changing Han and Leia duo you guys were talking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.