main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive TrulyGhent's Fanart: Logo Desktop, April 24th.

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TrulyGhent, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    Basically, I've been too chicken to post my fanart :D, but I've finally mustered up the courage, so here goes.

I like to dabble in all different stuff, so you'll find it quite random. [face_blush]

so without further ado:

Desktops
    [image=http://usera.imagecave.com/FalconFan_Fan/NRSYMDT.jpg]
    [image=http://aycu18.webshots.com/image/50017/2000820838675704620_rs.jpg]
    LOTF and all the logos from the GFFA. NEW!

Sketches:
    Contemplation
    Crouching Jedi

Hope you like, contructive critism is more than welcome! I obviously need it.
    Image-hosting is so frustrating. Some of my pics are offline 'til I find somewhere else to host them. :mad:

2. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Ghent, you already know how much I just lubb your Talon Intelligence Squadron logo. [face_love] And your space scene is really awesome, too. Your original stuff is rockin'. Great work. :D

3. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Yeeeee, you posted your fanart! :D

First of all, I really like that space pic. I feel like I could get lost in it.

Secondly, I love your icons. They're so neat. :)

Thirdly, thank you again for doing that pic of Cleaya. It looks so much like I envisioned her it's crazy. :p

Fourthly, I like those wallpapers. They're really neat.

Okay, time to stop rambling and do something more... something that I'm supposed to be doing. :p

~Silverfighter

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Welcome to Fan Art! :D I wondered if you had work of your own to share, and I'm glad you decided to! ;) REALLY like the wallies--I'm a big fan of "less is more" with those, and yours definitely fall into this category (and I have a soft spot for A/T, as well!). And most excellent work with the logos, too! Keep up the great work, and again--welcome!

FF

5. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I'm a sucker for wallpapers.[face_love]
    And I really like youres. I'm with FalconFan on the 'less is more'.

The TISL logo is wonderful.
    Since you did one for Rogue Squadron, too, did you ever consider trying to make one for Rouge Squadron from BlindMan's fics?[face_batting]

6. TrulyGhent

Jun 29, 2007
    =D= hurray! people actually noticed me!!! :D

Trika: :D thanks for letting me do the TIS logo in the first place!

silverfighter: yes, I think you'd better (stop rambling I mean) [:D] just kidding, I'm glad you liked them, thank you! (don't forget, you gave me a reference pic for Cleaya :p)

The most honored and adored FalconFan: :eek: :eek: :eek: ff-- fff-- faaa-- ff-- FALCONFAN! *faints* :p Thank you! I'm glad you liked the wallies, you can tell I made the Yoda and Qui ones before I learned that less is more [face_blush]. but we should all be thankful I didn't post all the other desktops I made around that time :p

MsLanna: thank you! I [face_love] "Less is More" rule. ([face_thinking] I'm also addicted to black backgrounds for wallpapers [face_blush]) I'll have to look up BlindMan's fic, thank you Master! [:D]

:D again:

7. TrulyGhent

Jun 29, 2007
    I've loved the New Republic logo since HTTE, so I finally make a vector of it, and to spruce it up I put my starfield behind it and viola!
    [image=http://usera.imagecave.com/FalconFan_Fan/NRSYMDT.jpg]
    I'm hoping to put up other logos on here that I've made.

[face_laugh] if the mods don't lock this thread entirely for being so corny [face_blush]

<^> Ghent

8. silversock

silversock Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2008
    Firstly, it isn't corny. :p Secondly, I've always liked that logo, and I really like how you made it. :)

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Yep, sorry, too corny. Locking now.

;) Art is never corny :) And yours is great!! I like the last logo a lot; it fits nicely against the background :)

10. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    "if the mods don't lock this thread entirely for being so corny"

ROFL! [face_laugh]

[Han Solo, ROTJ]"Now, don't get jittery!"[/Han Solo, ROTJ]

I'm with NYCitygurl here: art is never corny! Sometimes our choice of subject can be (is looking in the mirror now! :p )--but the art itself never is! :D I LIKE this logo, and think it looks great on the space-scape! **nodding** Very nice!

FF

11. TrulyGhent

Jun 29, 2007
    silver: thanks silver, [:D]

NYCitygurl:[face_worried] ahhhh! a mod! quick, hide the thread! :p thank you! [:D] glad you liked it.

FalconFan: ;) I'd love to see a self-portrait of you!

12. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I haven't gotten the pleasure to look at all of your work yet, but the sampling I've seen so far is good! And I'm glad you learned that lesson, it can sometimes be the hardest one, at least it took me a while to learn to focus on one thing[face_blush]

13. TrulyGhent

Jun 29, 2007
    Thanks, Mitth_Fisto I hope to have more art to put up in a week or so, thanks for stopping by.

14. TrulyGhent

Jun 29, 2007
    I couldn't decide which metal effect I liked better, so I decided to post both of them. [face_blush] It's basically a vector graphic of the GA logo with the metallic effects, then a new starfield background made with my secret forumla [face_mischief]:

[image=http://aycu07.webshots.com/image/49806/2000833529152311155_rs.jpg]NEW!
    [image=http://aycu18.webshots.com/image/50017/2000820838675704620_rs.jpg]NEW!

May possibly have Anakin and/or Padme vector drawings up soon.
    Hope you like!

15. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I like the second one better.:)
    In the lighter version, the logo seems more 'visible'.

16. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I agree, I like the second one better, it seems to shine more with the reversed light qualities. Very nice!

17. TrulyGhent

Jun 29, 2007
    Thanks, MsLanna, and Mitth_Fisto, I always narrow my projects down to two or three things and then I can't decide. :p

[face_HUGE_hugs] For stopping by. [:D]

18. TrulyGhent

Jun 29, 2007
    Ok, here's a sketch I did from a picture of a statue that came from Ralph MacQuarrie's art. Did you follow all that? :p Any constructie criticism is welcome, so don't hesitate. :D I did it by eye from a reference photo.

yea.

that's my story.

:p: Crouching Jedi

Hope you like!

19. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007

I like the Jedi. An interesting idea for the outfit, too. :D

20. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I love the icons, especially Rogue Squadron. I agree with the above about the GA logo - the second one is easier to see, I like it better.

21. TrulyGhent

Jun 29, 2007
    Thanks, Tarsier, the icons are my favorite to draw. I have about every important Star Wars icon ever made, but I have yet to put them up, I want to array them in a desktop. [face_mischief]

22. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    Sounds cool, I would like to see that desktop.

Do you have any images of your namesake?

23. TrulyGhent

Jun 29, 2007
    :( Not by me. And I've only found two official ones online. [face_plain]

One
    Two

Here's the LOTF logo desktop:
    [link=http://bp2.blogger.com/_gd8ySKq7YSE/SBDcRRznKTI/AAAAAAAAABs/mPBGrO5MNjE/s1600-h/LOTF+SYMs.jpg]Here.[/link] I'm not really happy with the colors. [face_plain]
    The logo on the left is the Hapes Consortium. [face_wink] I wanted to show the evolution of the rebellion to the Galactic Alliance. Plus the Empire and Hapes. With the Jedi sortof presiding over all. [face_happy]

Thanks for commenting, [b]Tarsier[/b]!

24. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    Nice. I like the progression of the GA logos. Just a thought, but I wonder what it would look like if all the logos were different colors? And maybe with a slight metallic sheen like in your GA starfield image? I've never seen the Hapes logo before, but I like it. Do you mind my asking what program you use?

So, I feel really dumb - I've been assuming you're icon was supposed to be Ghent. I just realized it's actually Ben....wow, I was pretty far off. I've never quite understood Ghent with blue hair. Somehow it just doesn't fit to me. And I think he should have glasses. Seems like he squints a lot in Handoff, I figured that was because he couldn't see very well (at least when he was looking at anything besides a computer screen).

25. TrulyGhent

Jun 29, 2007
    Thanks, I'll try coloring them and see how they come out. maybe do the official colors 'cause I didn't use them.
    Official Hapes Logo from Wookiepedia
    [face_blush] It should be colored but I prefer the simplicity of solid shapes sometimes.
    I use Photoshop. I [face_love] the pen tool.

:p I'll be sure to tell Corellian Rogue you said that. ([face_shhh] I had no idea who it was at first either! :p)
    I never really liked his blue hair either, but it does sortof fit, 'cause he's supposed to be a nerd.
    I'm hoping to get some Ghent icons uploaded to TF.N any time now. [face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.