main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive TrulyGhent's Fanart: Logo Desktop, April 24th.

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TrulyGhent, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    [face_laugh]
    At least, I am not alone.
    I thought it was ghent in that icon, too. I actually though, they had done a pretty good job on what I thought he looked like.:oops: [face_laugh]

On the logos: it's all very two dimensional, and the big spaces that are just plain background are rather boring to look at, too. Maybe put a nice background behid it again?. Or have the black fade into something once it 's out behind the logos?
    Am I making sense?8-}

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi Ghent!! Long time no visit--sorry... **abashed** Just wanted to say great job with the Jedi piece--the anatomy is coming right along! I'm going to link you to a tutorial site that's been great for me, particularly for hands and figures; it's most anime/manga, but the general hand and figure construction techniques are also applicable to realistic figures, too (I use them all the time!). Take a look here for some wonderful tuts on hands and figures (the index along the far left of the main page will take you to the tutorials)--they may be of some use in your practice!

Keep up with the sketching! :D

FF

PS--I've always been IN LOVE with your icon--Corellian_Rogue is a fabulous artist, and her interpretation of Ben has always been my absolute favorite! :D

3. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    Lanna: Thanks Master, I'll try to come up with some kind of original background, but nothing's coming. :oops:

FalconFan: Thanks FF! That website looks great! I'm definitly gonna try those tutorials, 'specially 'cause they seem applicable to vector drawings, which I love.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved those desktops of Qui-Gon and Yoda, and you made one of Corran Horn my favorite Jedi of beyond.[face_love]

Those logo's are amazing. Great work.

5. Jedi_Sha

Jedi_Sha Jedi Master star 5

Oct 13, 2002
    I just wandered my way over here and noticed a name I recognized. You have some nice stuff, Ghent. I love the logos and logo wallpapers in particular!

6. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    Thanks, Earlybird and Sha! [:D]

[face_dancing] My thread has a page two!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.