main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Truths of the Heart. Romance, Drama. Epilogue Posted: Now Complete. Thank you readers!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    He now knew that emotions were necessary: emotions in tandem with the mind, guiding, but not controlling, something to be acknowledged but not allowed to dominate one?s actions. He had learned once more the value of the Living Force aligned with the Unifying Force: they worked best, together, teamed ? in balance.

In the Force, this time, a ghost smiled: his padawan had learned how to be whole in the Force while still alive.

Now the real battle for the Chosen One would begin: the Guardian had full access to all the tools he would need. Only time would prove if they were sufficient to counter the opposing darkness that sang to a part of the Chosen One ? would light or dark claim the Chosen One?s heart, and thus determine destiny?

WOW and what a thrilling update giving glimpses of the sequel.

And congrats on winning=D==D==D=

2. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Awww it's really sad to see this story end, but i must say it's been a joy =D=. Thank u so much for taking the time to give us this fic, and i'm certanly looking forward to ur other works as usual [:D]

Also, congrats on the win, it's very much desserved @};-

If ur keeping contact, i'd love a pm when u start up the sequel :D

3. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    I have to say , I hate to see this wonderful story end but I enjoyed reading every update. So much love, emotion, hardship really made this story come to life.

4. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Now the real battle for the Chosen One would begin: the Guardian had full access to all the tools he would need. Only time would prove if they were sufficient to counter the opposing darkness that sang to a part of the Chosen One ? would light or dark claim the Chosen One?s heart, and thus determine destiny? [face_worried] I hope Obi is successful this time around! [face_praying] Only the sequel will tell...

Aww, I loved that part where Anakin gave Obi that rock. [face_love]

Wonderful ending! =D= @};- I'm sad to see this story end, I'm already looking forward to the sequel. So please keep me on you PM list for it! :D

5. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    And I still say she's not dead. :p Excellent chapter - looking forward to the epilogue and of course the sequel. I demand PM's!!!!!

Now...

=D= =D==D==D==D==D==D==D==D==D==D==D==D==D==D==D=

An amazing story. Full kudos to you!

And a thanks. Well written fics...very hard to come by.

Raptor517

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    GeneralKenobi7 Awesomely great chapter!! I absolutely [face_love] it! I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Gkilkenny They seem to be getting closer and that is good. But I don't think that Anakin can let things go as easily as Obi-Wan. His lust for revenge is too strong. Obi-Wan?s love is awful strong as well. As strong as Palpy?s manipulations of Anakin?

p_stotts I absolutely loved every bit of it. You do such an excellent job of conveying emotions. I feel like I understand Obi-Wan so much more than I did. And perhaps Obi-Wan understands himself better as well?

Indeed he does ? now he needs to understand Anakin better. It?d be a real win if he understood Palps, too, but that might come a little too late to save a bit of heartache.

A ? for my readers: I like to contribute AND read ?fan fic pet peeves? over in Resource. The point is they?re peeves, regardless of merit or lack of :D, but a recent comment made me wonder ? about excessive internal dialogues.

Anyone wish to comment on that ? I could see how I might go overboard on that.

VaderLVR64: You are indeed caught up?now you may return to your very busy life.

charie I would also like to present to you now..... The Charie Award for Best Author... Aw?hugs her award close and refuses to relinquish it.

MiralukaJedi Very nice ending though I still see that there could be an opening for a potential disaster to come if Anakin decides not to take some much needed advice or deal with his anger management issues. Lots of openings for lots of potential disasters, but lots of opportunities for Obi-Wan to get a clue as well.

earlybird-obi-wan glimpses of the sequel I just hope the sequel lives up to this glimpse ? boy, that paragraph set rather a high bar to meet, didn?t it? <nervous giggle>

Veloz Awww it's really sad to see this story end, but i must say it's been a joy[/i] it?s been a joy and a $%&)&* to write, sometimes both at one time!

Fit_Jedi I have to say , I hate to see this wonderful story end but I enjoyed reading every update. So much love, emotion, hardship really made this story come to life. Thank you so much ? isn?t it such a joy when a story becomes more than just words on paper? No matter how many times I read them, I cry buckets at the end of Robin Hood, King Arthur?because these people are real.

Bastet Aww, I loved that part where Anakin gave Obi that rock. Originally it was going to be THE ROCK but then I realized Obi-Wan would of course find it during his and Alpha?s escape when he poked through the debris of rotting clothing. I liked the scene too well to junk it in the sequel, so changed it around.

raptor517 An amazing story. Full kudos to you! Thank you so much.

A tidbit you might be interested in:

I had seriously toyed with - and even written a scene where Obi-Wan "confesses" to Yoda (I think possibly one with Siri, too) - that Asajj truly wanted to demean, humiliate and degrade Obi-Wan in any and all ways possible and forced Obi-Wan (yeah, "that" word, via drugs) spawning a "to-be Sith? child. He would try to find Ventress and his (daughter?) in the sequel, with Siri?s help.

In this version, Obi & Siri did not link up ? you can find traces of that conversation in a scene in the first story and I?d be happy to PM that scene to anyone so interested, but it?s rather poignant. If Obi-Wan could be with anyone, it would be Siri, but such was not possible in the life he chose. In a horrible twist of life our celibate Jedi was coerced into creating a child with his torturer, one born to be a slave of the dark and one he is determined to save from that life.

Still might make a good story, eh? Just not this story. (I hesitated, in part, because I wasn't sure no matter how delicately it was handled, if it would be board-appropriate.)

The incarnations some stories go through...amazing.

7. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Do note the epilogue is so short I'm not sending PM's, okay?

Epilogue

?She still has a purpose,? Count Dooku decided, standing over a yet breathing Ventress. Her injuries were grave, but she would live, with care; care that Dooku decided to graciously grant her. She might still be of use, time would tell.

An imperious gesture beckoned a droid forward as he stared down at the broken and bruised body at his feet. A broken tool, but sometimes that which was broken became stronger after mending.

?Move her to my ship and see to it that she is given medical treatment. I shall see that she is made into a new and improved ally ? one who is capable of killing Obi-Wan Kenobi and his padawan both.?

The droids gathered the broken body of Asajj Ventress, preparing to take her for reconstructive surgery and a long stay in a bacta tank.

Someday Obi-Wan Kenobi and Asajj Ventress would meet again.

One would survive. One would not. Or so the galaxy would think ? for truth and reality would, as so often, collide.

The truth - was far different.

Whewwwwwwww.

For the record, this is this story?s PM list as of its ending (at least, I [face_praying] think so): if you have an asterisk next to your name you are on the sequel?s PM listj (per YOUR request).

EVERYONE will get one courtesy PM list from me when I start the story, but only those with ** will continue to receive them, so let me know if you want **.

**earlybird-obi-wan
    **Veloz
    **Jedidas3
    **GeneralKenobi7
    General_Kenobi_66
    Lincoln_Six_Echo
    **Gkilkenny
    **Raptor517
    **Charie
    **Bastet
    **P_stotts
    **MiralukaJedi
    **Dooku-Darklighter
    **JediKnight-Obi-Wan
    VaderLVR64
    Darth_Drachonus
    JediMasterJessica
    Ascal_Elessar
    JediKnight_Mat
    Timerift22
    **Lilicph
    EGKenobi
    Star_writer24
    Ascal_Elessar
    all_othr_nams_tkn

Lolly_Tolly ? you?ve got a number of unopened PMs
    Dianethx ? no longer an active member of the boards
    Kenobism ? removed for unopened PMs
    Kyana-Morgaine ? removed for unopened PMs
    LadyLunas ? removed for unopened PMs

I am continuing to post Even Jedi Cry in Saga ? this AU starts out with a cruelly indifferent Qui-Gon surviving Naboo thanks to Obi-Wan. Anakin is, in one word, a brat. Obi-Wan struggles to recover from Qui-inflicted emotional wounds (and severed bond trauma). It sounds like a one note characterization for each: cruel Qui, malicious Anakin, noble Obi-Wan, caretaker Mace ? but each character will have layers added and removed as we go.

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Bravo great, this was again a magnificent read and looking forward to the sequel. What was Dooku doing to Asajj on Boz Pity?

=D==D==D=

9. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    Can I have a standard PM for ANYTHING you write. It is always worth reading and more often than not blows me away.[face_love]

10. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Very nicely done. I'd definitely like to be added to the PM list for the sequel to this.

11. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Ah, I just knew Anakin didn't kill her. So now Dooku has her.:oops:

My thoughts on toying with your story.8-}

May be hard on Obi, if Anakin turns and Obi has to look after Luke, when his own daughter is in the clutches of Ventress or even Dooku.
    Then again maybe Anakin doesn't turn and they both go searching for Obi's child. Obi might have to keep Anakin calm while he tries to control his own emotions and save not only his child but the mother too.

I like the tid bit about Siri and Obi going off to save the child. They seem to be suited for each other and in the meantime they could become parents too.o_O

Maybe Qui-Gon can watch over Obi as a blue ghostie like Obi watched over Luke and give him pointers of where to look for his child.

I like the sound of to demean, humiliate and degrade Obi-Wan in any and all ways possible and forced Obi-Wan (yeah, "that" word, via drugs) spawning a "to-be Sith? child.
    [face_devil] =P~
    I don't care what Ventress is like she'll never make one of Obi-Wans children so evil that Obi couldn't save her.[face_not_talking]

BTW. I must have ** asterixs next to my name for anything you write. Please Pretty please.
    O:)

12. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Can you please add me to those with **? I so enjoy your stories[face_love]

13. smoke20ts

smoke20ts Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    Thank you so much for all the wonderful work you have done on this story. I have truly enjoyed reading it and look forward to the sequel.

=D= Well done!=D=

14. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    I agree with everything Gkinkenny just posted. I'll be there to read. sounds like another great one.:D

15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Earlybird-obi-wan: What was Dooku doing to Asajj on Boz Pity? That's the comic - in my story Dooku just rescued her sorry body. That fall did some damage.

Charie: Aw, thanks, I?ll hardwire you in.

MiralukaJedi: Welcome to the ride ? when it gets started. Believe it or not I have over 100 pages but I?m missing some internal meat in the story.

Gkilkenny: Ah, I just knew Anakin didn't kill her. So now Dooku has her. Now he'll make her a new and improved Sith acolyte. He hopes.

Someday I might write that story about Obi (& Siri?) off to hunt his daughter and rescue her from Ventress. So far, that?s not even a half-developed plot bunny.

GeneralKenobi7: Thank you ? it really makes my day when readers enjoy what I enjoy writing.

Smoke20TS: You?re so kind.

16. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    It was a great job and I thought you did it brilliantly. I was so glad when you won awards in the last round! =D= You deserved that and much more. I wish you well in all your stories!

Yes, I am no longer an active member of the boards so no PMs for me. Thanks so much for everything!

17. lilacph

lilacph Jedi Master star 1

Jan 7, 2009
    *temporarily delurks*

I'm so sorry I never got around to posting reviews. DRL's been running me over with a bulldozer the last several months.

You did such a fabulous job with this story! I especially loved the way you nailed Anakin's thought processes and how he would justify his actions.

I'd love it if you could keep me on the PM list for the sequel. I can't promise to review every single chapter but I do promise to delurk more often :)

Great job!

18. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Dianethx: Sniff...I'm missing you, girl.

lilacph: I especially loved the way you nailed Anakin's thought processes and how he would justify his actions.

Thanks! No problem lurking, but I appreciate knowing you were lurking even if via just one post. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.