main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Truth's Shadow (AU, 7 Years after RotJ. Luke, Han, Leia and Mara) (Updated! 5/12)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Crazed_Ewok, May 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    Hi there. I have a Fan Fic I'm writing, well, more like adapting from a RPG me and...someone else on here have going ;) First of all, this is my first time writing Fan Fiction and actually posting it...so, if it's horrible, don't hurt me. This is a mix between Jedi Outcast and Greek history (If it's even real...I got it from a game concerning Greece ;) ), but it's not completely both. I'm going to add on to this every Monday and Thursday. Please give me your compliments, comments and complaints. And don't hurt me because it's not indented...It wouldn't show up indented on this :( So, I now present to you, Truth's Shadow...:

Han Solo leaned back in the pilot's seat and gazed out into the mottled, warped sky of hyperspace which filled the viewport of the Millenium Falcon. The ship was quiet, he noted, with the kids gone. For the better, he decided. The noise and, generally, havoc that followed the twins around had driven Han crazy for the past few years, and now, finally, with the twins safetly back on Coruscant in the care of Winter, he could relax. At least until they arrived on Tyrion.
    He still had no idea why he'd let Leia talk him into this, but he supposed that the screaming maniacs known as their children encouraged him to accept. And in the process, she had managed to drag along--
    The telltale hiss of the cockpit door intruded into Han's thoughts. He turned around to see Luke Skywalker standing in the doorway.
    "Hey! Kid!" Han greeted Luke with a smile.
    "Hey, Han," Luke responded.
    After a moment, Han spoke again.
    "No luck with getting anything more out of Leia?"
    "No," Luke responded, clearly depressed. "She just said the same thing; 'You're here for back-up incase something happens.'"
    Han scoffed. "With two Noghri lurking around, what more back-up does she need?"
    "I don't know," Luke shruged. "I guess she feels safer with us around."
    "I'm sure she does," Han retorted. "Lately I've been thinking she's been dragging me along because she likes to see the way I suffer on these diplomatic missions."
    "I think I'm beginning to agree," Luke said with a smile as he sat in the co-pilot's chair. "But would you have rather gone with Chewie to Kashyyk?"
    Han looked over at him. "I might have."
    "Sure..." Luke replied sarcastically.
    "I mean," Han went on. "She knows we're not good at this stuff."
    "I know she knows." Luke added.
    An awkward silence drifted through the room for a few moments until Luke's voice broke it.
    "What exactly happened anyway? Leia didn't tell me...she just told me to get packed and get going."
    "Some dispute," Han answered, irritation in his voice.
    "Isn't that what it always is?"
    "Kid," Han started as he checked the nav computer. "In this line of work, it's usually nothing else."
    "But, what's the reason for it?"
    Han sighed and turned to his right to look at Luke.
    "Apparently the whole Balkan system was ruled by some king. The whole system's a monarchy, all right? Well, when this old guy died, his two sons divived his kingdom. Acri-Acriss," Han stammered. "--The older one, eventually invaded his brother. And we're here to see why he did it." Han finished as he checked the nav computer another time and looked back at Luke.
    "Well, you certainly got more out of her than I did." Luke smiled.
    "Yeah, but, she is my wife, you know." Han replied with a wry smile.
    Luke let his smile get bigger and let a chuckle slip loose. "So, how long till we get there?"
    "A few more seconds..." Han answered as he checked the ship chrono and put his hand on the lever that would shut down the hyperdrive engines and revert them from hyperspace to realspace. "And...now."
    He pulled the lever and the warped sky of hyperspace faded into starlines and then back into stars as the Falcon re-entered normal space. A blue planet filled the viewport.
    "Tyrion?" Luke asked.
    "Yup, that's her, kid."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...I wonder why this sounds familiar. ;) Great interpretation of the RPG so far. Keep up the great work! :)

3. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Thanks, Han...you're the only one who has read this :( Well, here's the next part:

Leia Organa Solo could feel the steady vibration as the Falcon switched from hyperdrive to subspace engines. They had arrived at Tyrion.
    She sighed as she stood up from the holochess game she'd be playing with with Artoo Detoo, and had generally been losing. She then pressed her hands against the light-pink dress, that she usually wore for diplomatic functions, and smoothed out the fiesty wrinkles on it.
    After a few moments, the curious warbling that Leia had been expecting finally came.
    "Might as well shut it down, Artoo," She told the little astromech as she headed to her cabin that she shared with her husband, Han.
    Another question rattled off the droid's mechanical tounge
    Though Leia had no idea what the droid was saying exactly in his mechanical language, she could usually understand the general idea he was trying to imply.
    "We're here," She answered as she grabbed a brush from the suitcase lieing on the floor and started combing her brown hair.
    Artoo gave off a sound that could have been the equivalent of a droid sighing, then Leia heard the sound of the holo unit shutting off.
    "Where's Threepio anyway?" Leia questioned. "Did you disassemble him again?"
    The little droid answered her with what sounded like a somewhat nervous whistle.
    "I'm right here, Mistress Leia," Came the familiar sound of See-Threepio's voice from somewhere behind Leia.
    Through-out all the years that Leia had been with golden, humanoid-shaped protocol droid, there was always that sound in his modulated voice that gave you the idea that Threepio was constantly worrying about something, from it being accidentally burning the Corellian steak that's on the power-grill, to nearly getting blown apart in some fire-fight. She wondered for a moment if the other 3PO series droids were anything like the particular one that was around her all the time. But then, not all droids have been through the experiences Threepio been through, and she decided that no droid had more a reason to worry...though, sometimes, the droid's constant nervousness came off as rather humorous.
    "Oh, there you are," Leia said, pulling away from her thoughts and turning around to greet the droid with a smile. "Would you rather stay on the ship, or come with us?"
    "Well," The droid began, turning his head to look at the small little dome-headed droid that seemed to be tearing apart the holo-table, then back to Leia. "I have decided that we will stay here, if it is okay with you, Mistress Leia."
    Could there be more worry in his voice than the other times?
    "Yes, it's fine, Threepio."
    "Oh...thank goodness," The other said, his voice seeming to get less tense. He looked over at Artoo Detoo again.
    "You little pile of rusty circuits! Captain Solo will be most unhappy when he sees what you're doing! Now, put that back together and do something else!"
    Leia let herself smile. There was always that tension between Artoo and Threepio, though neither could live their droid-lives without each other.
    A frustrated twitter rose from Artoo, as he pulled a holographic memory chip from the table.
    "Why you--!" Threepio started, but cut himself off as Han Solo entered the the hold.
    "When I see what?" He called out to Threepio, he gaze drifted down to Artoo, who simply twittered innocently.
    "Gah! Leia!" He called out as he turned to look at his wife. "You let him do this?" Before Leia could answer, he redirected his glare back to Artoo. "Put that back together right now!"
    Leia walked over to Han and squeezed his hand. Whenever it came to someone messing with his ship, Leia often thought that Han could probably bite the person's head off.
    "You certainly have a way with droids," She said to him as she looked up into his eyes and smiled.
    "Yeah, I know," Han replied, looking away from the droid, now beeping angrily as he tried frantically to reassemble the parts he tore out of the table, and into her eyes. "We're here. I'm just

4. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I'm always up for a new Luke/Mara/Han/Leia story. Good beginning, even though I'm not familiar with any of the RPG's.

Hope you don't mind a bit of nitpicky advice -- Forget trying to indent; just leave a blank line between paragraphs. And watch your spelling and punctuation, too. Have someone else proofread, perhaps.

I'm looking forward to more of this story.

5. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Thanks for those tips, Jedi-2B :)I'm glad you're looking forward for more...the reason you didn't see the RPG is because it's a private one between me and (like I said) someone else on here ;)

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It's good to see the next post up! Good jo so far.

the reason you didn't see the RPG is because it's a private one between me and (like I said) someone else on here

You know, Crazed...you don't have to be ashamed to admit that you RP with me. :p

7. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    I'm not... ;) ok, then I'll say it's you from now on :p

8. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Please forgive me...I didn't get a chance to post again tonight due to band rehersals and such, I promise I'll add on tomorrow

9. Jade_rebel3

Jade_rebel3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2003
    I like it. I'm always looking for fics that have Mara and Luke in it. Not necessarily in a romantic way.

Don't worry about indenting. I didn't start putting spaces in my fic until about the third or fourth post.

10. Jade_rebel3

Mar 3, 2003
    Hi, I'm the persistent reader of this fanfic. My main directive is to bother the writer until finally he/she post.

I take my job very seriously.

Soooo *sits down to wait* I'm waiting.

11. Mara_Skywhiner

Mara_Skywhiner Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    I'll help you Jade_rebel3 ;)
    Awesome story!!!! keep it up!
    ~Mara

12. Jade_rebel3

Mar 3, 2003
    Yeah, it's been month! I get really persistent after a month.

Up!

13. Mara_Skywhiner

Mara_Skywhiner Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    ::joins sit-in::
    ~Mara

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.