Trying to revive the boards and local Star Wars interest

Discussion in 'Columbus, OH' started by lazer310, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazer310 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi everyone. Chris here. I know it's been a while since anyone has really posted here. But we are trying to drum up some local interest in the Star Wars community. I do apologize it's been so long. Myself and a few others have been busy producing a weekly podcast at ihnradio.com. We also have a forum there that we maintain. So, it is partially my fault that these boards have fallen into despair.

So lets try to rebuild the local fanforce. Lets start with some posting, and maybe we can start local meetings again. that would be awesome. reply back if you would like ot help ,and be sure ot tell your friends about us!
  2. Darth_William Force Ghost

star 2
    we are here...We Are Here...WE ARE HERE!!!
    we are here...We Are Here...WE ARE HERE!!!

[image=http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/6949/hortonhearsawho1ve1.jpg]
  3. ShadaErsari Jedi Master

star 1
    I'd love to try and help if I can. I'm just glad that the local interest is still there. I was wondering where it was. lol
  4. lazer310 Jedi Knight

star 3
    We've been here, but our podcast has kind of taken the limelight from the local scene. After ROTS, there wasn't much interest at all, and even before then, there wasn't much here.

When we first started the Columbus Fan Force, it was huge. But by the time AOTC came out, interest was way down. We passed out over 200 flyers at the line for AOTC at Lennox, and only got one person to come to these boards. We still try to spread the word around town as much as we can. My license plate is JEDI79, and I tell as many people as I can about our podcast, we hand out buisness cards, and try to keep the spirit alive.

But the time has come for revival! With TCW coming out in theaters in less than a month, the TV show following that, the live action show in development, it's a great time to bring things back. And with Celebration 5 rumors running around, it would be great to show a strong Columbus presence.
  5. Jo-Nich Jedi Knight

star 2
  6. lazer310 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry Jon. Are you coming our for the Clone Wars line in your Mando gear?
  7. Jo-Nich Jedi Knight

star 2
    I was gonna just show up and suprise you all. :D Yes, may be bringing a few others along as well.
  8. ShadaErsari Jedi Master

star 1
    Mando gear? Okay, that'd be freakin' awesome.
  9. lazer310 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Excellent! The more the better!
  10. Jo-Nich Jedi Knight

star 2
    Need to have more events. :D LOL
  11. ShadaErsari Jedi Master

star 1
    I suppose the idea of reviving the boards has gone by the wayside. ;)
  12. lazer310 Jedi Knight

star 3
    We're still here. There just doesn't seem to be much local interest anymore.
  13. star-killer1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm from Cincinnati and we seem to be having the same problem here.

On a mostly different and very slightly similar thought are any of you guys going to see Voltaire on October 3rd?

If any of you are going send me a pm and if one of my friends and I are going maybe we could meet up there or something.
  14. TyriaTainer Jedi Master

star 4
    I swear I check this thing for a while and no one posts. When I finally give up on checking this thing, everyone posts!!! Gah!
  15. RC-007 Jedi Padawan

I'm local and I'm interested. I met you guys during the Clone Wars line-up at the Lennox. You guys gave me a Mace Windu Mighty Mugg. Lol. Anyways I've been listening to IHN Radio ever since. Fun stuff. Are you guys gonna be a Mid-Ohio-Con?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.