main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trying to stay spoiler free

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by SITHlover, May 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITHlover

SITHlover Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    I just thought it would be nice to hear stories about how your spoiler free approach may have been ruined and how it is difficult to stay spoiler free for ep. III.
    I did great for ep. I, didn't know zip about the movie save the trailer (I allowed myself that much, it was the first SW movie in a very long time) and while I was sat in the theatre waiting for ep. I to start, some guy behind me said to his friend that he heard on the net that Qui-Gon may be coming back in ep. II as a ghost, the same was Obi-Wan did in the OT, well I was pissed, I had no idea he was going to die in this movie. A friend of mine also ruined this same secret by reading to score titles on the back of the sound track CD case(Qui-Gon's funeral).

Ep. II comes along and again, I do very good at avoiding any onfo that might ruin it for me. Then stupid me decided to watch Hayden on Leno one night (before the release of the movie) and Leno pulls out the Skywalker action figure and asks Hayden about the arm that can be taken off the figure. Even Hayden couldn't believe what was just done on T.V. and said something along the lines of "they are letting people know that?" or something like that. I thought watching The Tonight Show was going to be harmless but I was wrong. It wasn't a huge spoiler but it still took something from the movie because when it finally happened, I wasn't surprised and that was disappointing.

I guess my point is that it is very hard to be spoiler free because you just don't know when a spoiler is going to get you. I know I should shun ALL things SW until I see the movie but the closer the date gets (especially when May comes around) you feel like you need a little peek but hope you end up really seeing nothing.

Any similar stories?

2. yodaluke-wan

yodaluke-wan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    well as you can see on my sig i am going to be spoiler free for ep3. i did the same pretty much for ep1 outside of couple of things there and there, but for ep2 i was spoiled to the bone and it ruined the first viewing of ep2 just a bit because i was watching it and i was like wow here comes this part, and so forth. this is why i want to go spoiler free for ep3.

3. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.