main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Tshirt ? & ideas

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sabaccs_luck, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabaccs_luck

Sabaccs_luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2003
    I know it's a little late in the game and I don't want to be mr. Johny come lately with the the whole this is my idea but...

I had a brain storm (and I still have water dripping out of my ears :) ).

What if we got a bunch of White or grey t-shirts with the outline of Mandalorian armor on them. The MM name on the left breast and Image on the Back. Then as a craft project we all customised our own shirst with fabric paints, or tye-dye like pigments brushed on. Maybe just iron ons. That way some of us can do a @ SWCANTINA.com on the right breast where bobas family symbol appears and other can put it on the sleeve. Some could fill their colors in green and red while others could do other color schemes. It could make for very intresting customised armor shirts but still be from the same group. Do you think it can be done?
    What do you all think?
    If not everyone likes the idea or it's too expensive or impractical then I might try it on my own but I thought I'd suggest it because people seemed to really be intrested in the shirts at the meeting but unsure if it looked right one way or the other.

2. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    I remember somebody bringing this up at the last meeting and I really love the idea but I'm not sure we can do all the things you mentioned.

3. Sabaccs_luck

Sabaccs_luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2003
    I've done a little research and it looks like this idea is not only doable but might be more fun, cheaper, and fairly easy.

If the shirt design where reworked as black lines on white shirts (Irregular polygon outlines, for the back plate, two chest plates, hexagon on the sternum, stomach plate, collar bone plate, and shoulder guards on the sleeves) since it would be a simple black outline for each part you only pay for small amounts of black ink. Then the longo on the back and the group name on the front could be color or not as I'm not really farmiliar with those designs yet. All told less ink, and since it's black on white, no 'primer' needed to make the colors show. Equals cheaper, right? The shoulder guards is optional as is the collarbone plate (because I don't know if they can do that).

Now her is the creative and fun part. We get our white shirts and set an activity time. For around fifteen dollars for the whole group we could (Heck I might just buy it myself and share) get some tye dye ... um dye. With some sponges we can then color the plates and shirt so that while the armor design would be the same My shirst could be red plates on black and Rik could do green plates on blue or something. We each get our own custom color pattern that we want but we don't pay a fortune for it.

But wait ther's more. Using my very own set of permanent fabric markers we could each add blaster scorch marks or the Mandalorian symbol on the armor, individual clan symbols (such as Fetts bone spear through a circle) and decide if and where we want to inclide @swcantina.com.
    It's the ultimate customized armor Tshirt, be cause we all have control over the creative embelishments ourselves but don't have to pay a lot. and it might be a fun activity. With a little creativity we could use a printer and some card stock to make stencils of many starwars symbols, and rubber bands to keep a white spot on the armor to look like chipped paint or bare metal parts in the middle of a blaster mark. The possibilities are great. If you can color inside the lines you could do this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.